1gb SanDisk MS Duo for ~$65 @ Staples.com

fretster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
From Staples

1GB Sandisk Pro Duo Memory Card (w/ Adaptor)

Staples Product Link

Staples Price: $149.99
add $.01 filler

use $30 off $150 coupon (eBay)

call to pricematch (YMMV part) to
1. comp-u-plus (92.95)
2. Buy.com (99.99 - 10% coupon (applies?))
3. eCost.com (96.99)
4. Amazon.com (105)

i'm not sure if they are willing to pricematch all of those but thats
where i found the cheapest prices...+ they will prob. add the next day
shipping rate to all of the above .. .they did for me

it also may be difficult to get them to apply both 30 off 150 and
pricematch to lower but it went through for me... GL

i pricematched mine to comp-u-plus -- final price for me was about $65 pre-tax
i followed the directions above from a post on fatwallet (post: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messagevie...threadid=490838 ). here's what i did.
1) went onto ebay and bought a coupon for 3.75 and was emailed the coupon code within 5 minutes
2) placed order with staples online for the 1gb sandisk mem stick duo and a pack of pencils as filler with a total of 151.08 which put me into the price range for the $30 off $150.
3) went to bed as it was after business hours.
4) called them this morning, here's how the convo went...
staples: hi, how can i help you today?
me: i'd like to have an order i placed online price matched.
staples: whats your order number
me: blablabla
staples: okay, and would you like the memory stick price matched?
me: yeah
staples: with whom would you like that price matched?
me: compuplus.com
staples: how much is their price?
me: hang on a second... 92.95
staples: one moment
lovely holding music
staples: okay, i have a credit to your account in the amount of 68.26 and you should see that on your credit card in 24 to 48 hours is there anything else i can help you with?
me: no thanks.
so here's how the price broke down.
original price: 151.08
price after coupon: 131.74
price after price matching: 63.48

this is an absolutly awesome deal if you have a sony PSP. now i have 2gb of memory sticks :) for the full retail of roughly one sony brand one :p a friend of mine said that they wouldnt do this for him, but he also tried to do it instore, i had no issues doing it online though, so give that a shot ;) good luck :p

I think you got lucky with a dumb CSR. A price match should be on 10% of the difference which would only be about $6 [if there is a $60 difference ($150 - $90)] which would bring the total down to $84 or so.

I don't check fatwallet much any more, but when I did, this was a big staple of the fatwallet users.

I've only done it once, but when Staples CSRs do pricematching, most of the time, they leave the coupon discount on while manually adjusting the price for the pricematch.

So instead of the pricematch overriding the coupon price, the coupon discount and the pricematch discounts become independent discounts. Supposedly, this works about 75% of the time, and if it doesn't work, you call again and try a different CSR.

YMMV of course.

[quote name='javeryh']I think you got lucky with a dumb CSR. A price match should be on 10% of the difference which would only be about $6 [if there is a $60 difference ($150 - $90)] which would bring the total down to $84 or so.[/QUOTE]

Well, the people who get this to work are lucky, but you may be misunderstanding the deal. The pricematch brings the price down to $92 and change, but the CSR isn't removing the $30 coupon (which is for purchases of $150 or more), so that brings it down another $30.

[quote name='guessed']Well, the people who get this to work are lucky, but you may be misunderstanding the deal. The pricematch brings the price down to $92 and change, but the CSR isn't removing the $30 coupon (which is for purchases of $150 or more), so that brings it down another $30.[/QUOTE]

Either way, it takes a dumb CSR to get it to work so it's not really a "deal" IMO.

[quote name='javeryh']I think you got lucky with a dumb CSR. A price match should be on 10% of the difference which would only be about $6 [if there is a $60 difference ($150 - $90)] which would bring the total down to $84 or so.[/QUOTE]

That's the only way it could possibly work.

[quote name='javeryh']Either way, it takes a dumb CSR to get it to work so it's not really a "deal" IMO.[/QUOTE]

well my mistake then, i was just trying to contribute something, from reading on the fw forum for this deal quite afew people have had no problem doing this, which is what motivated me to do so. it is YMMV though, but the results speak for themselves i would think.

as for it being a crazy hassle, yeah i would agree with you if it were to save 5 bucks, but a 1gb mem stick for ~65 bucks is a different story.

if the CSR ends up getting pissed about it, or decides to take off the rebate... just cancel the order.

compuplus was closed so i got it credited to ecost...it's 89.99 on there now + like 7 dollars in handling fees. okay, so not the cheapest possible but the lady was like "the total credited to your account is $62...something"

so after the $30 coupon, the total came out to about $70 + the $3 i spent on the coupon itself....not too bad.

tempted to get another stick

*looks at order again* damn the $10 tax!!!

[quote name='vietgurl']compuplus was closed so i got it credited to ecost...it's 89.99 on there now + like 7 dollars in handling fees. okay, so not the cheapest possible but the lady was like "the total credited to your account is $62...something"

so after the $30 coupon, the total came out to about $70 + the $3 i spent on the coupon itself....not too bad.

tempted to get another stick

*looks at order again* damn the $10 tax!!![/QUOTE]

ahh, so it worked ;) i didnt really need another stick, i just picked up a 1gb a couple weeks ago, but for $60 and change... how can you not :O

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Even if this works its way to much work.[/QUOTE]

Too much work to make a couple of calls?

@_@

I'd do this in a heartbeat if I had a PSP.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Even if this works its way to much work.[/QUOTE]

It only takes about 15 minutes if you know what you're doing.

Damn, I'll have to check this out tomorrow. Are the coupon codes all the same meaning can you hook it up with the code you bought on eBay or are they all randomly generated codes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn, I'll have to check this out tomorrow. Are the coupon codes all the same meaning can you hook it up with the code you bought on eBay or are they all randomly generated codes.[/QUOTE]

each coupon can only be used once so u need to buy a code off of ebay

bread's done
Back