1st Gen 32gb Nexus 7 New 99.99 with free games @ gamestop

Rumbero

CAGiversary!
Ive gotten so many good deals from CAG that I figure Id give back.  I posted this on SD:

Hi everyone,
Just Came back from Gamestop where I saw the prices changed on a new first gen 32gb Nexus 7 tablet from 199.99 to 99.99. However, when I checked online I found:

which shows the sale but will not let you click on the item (reroutes you to another search nexus tablet search). Anyways, I bought the new tablet and it rang out 99.99 without a problem. No need for manager approval. The price must be in the Gamestop system.

REMINDER: 1st Gen Nexus 7 32gb

Good luck. They mentioned that Nexus 7 16gb 1 st was discontinued and would not come down in price.

edit:
The link will take you to a gamestop.com search for a nexus 7. You can go to gamestop.com and run the search for nexus 7 32gb and on the second page it will be the deal with 5 Games. Cannot be ordered online!
Edit 2: Took out URLS because they are bad. Just run a search for Google Nexus 7 32gb on gamestop.com or call you local gamestop. People have reported being able to confirm the prices with the gamestop employees. Suppose to come with free games as well. Good luck

Slidecage - which kindle will be on sale?
O sorry i keep meaning to post to that question and kept forgetting last night

How it looks like bf webpage Kindle fire HD 16gb for 99 bucks Says normal 199 so im guessing this one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kindle-fire-hd-7-inch-tablet-with-16gb-memory-2nd-generation/1807189.p?id=1219065403193&skuId=1807189&st=kindle%20fire%20&cp=1&lp=5

DOUBLE CHECKING it says NORMAL 199.99 these are 169.99 crap these might be last years models the ones they no longer sell since if you go to best buy it shows up in their computers for 199.99 so it might not be that good of a deal

it also says 2 more tablets only sale but dont say what (im guessing 3rd party on those)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this thing have video 1080p as well?

Might grab this, and wait for the next Air....

Edit: sorry this is the 2012 version with 720 video with only a front facing camera. There is no back cam. Looks like I will pass on this, but still somewhat tempted... Thanks for posting this OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had seen this yesterday afternoon.  I saw it last night after stores had already closed.  This morning, checking the inventory on the GS site, there is nothing left nearby.  The store right by my office had one listed last night, but it must have sold.  I wish this had not been posted on SD, but I guess it saved me a hundred bucks on something I didn't really need, but would have impulse-bought at this price.  Oh well. 

Man i would love to get one, this is just around the price I want to pay for a tablet. Sad it's all sold out every where near me.

Good thing I had placed an order for store pick-up last night when I first saw this.  Apparently they had received 15 other requests for it overnight.

I started wishing I had grabbed another last night to gift my friend at xmas, and called around to see if there were any left.  Apparently this morning some guy went around buying them all up to resell =\

i say pony up for a ipad if your getting for a child. well worth the price b/c of the ease of use and the many children apps avail.
Yeah I would say kindle fire over iPad for a child. But I wouldn't trust a child with $4-500 with of tech lol.

Thanks OP! You're a God send. This was a great pickup for me because my girlfriend's iPod Touch is on its way out of the door. Initially I was able to our one on hold through the online website. Then I had to call a second store so they would hold it for me. I'm using this right now to check CAG, and it's fantastic. The funny thing about this tablet is that the GameStop employee mentioned how people tried to get this tablet right after I put it on hold. I'm sure there are a few more in the Buffalo, NY area. Note I have three tablets. Nexus, iPad 2, and HP Touchpad. Thanks again CAG!

Yeah, I got an e-mail from them last night about these tablet drops, and was on the ball.  I saw that 2 of my closest stores had the Nexus and one had the Asus, so I did an in-store hold (for the Nexus).  Even though I got the confirmation e-mail this morning, I was a bit worried since I could not get there until after work.  When I managed to get there, one of the rep's was fielding a call about the unit right then!  Apparently they had been bombarded all day with phone calls about these tabs, but I have to give my guys props: they held true to me and actually held my hold.  

Honestly though, I would hope that they would go out of their way for me a little bit up there; I have over $1300 worth of stuff pre-ordered and fully paid off at that store. ;)

A GameStop employee today suggested showing the online ad to Best Buy if they had them in stock.  I am thinking that likely would not work though.

A GameStop employee today suggested showing the online ad to Best Buy if they had them in stock. I am thinking that likely would not work though.
i doubt they even have them in stock at best buy.. wonder if you could find someone who wouldnt know what model it is and get teh new one for 99.

I got my 8gb kindle fire yesterday. Wrote in asking why they did not ship it in a box (just wrapped in cardboard) was offered 40 to keep it instead of return. So ended up with a 8gb for 80 so that is good enough for them

I have the 1st and 2nd gen Nexus 7. While the 2nd gen absolutely trumps the 1st in every way, for those who don't want to spend the money, the 1st gen is fine, and for this price, pretty incredible. As others users mentioned, the NAND controller was the issue with sluggishness setting in over time, and the 4.3 update seems to have remedied the problem on my first gen. Plus, Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) will be hitting this guy within the next few weeks, so even with the 2102 hardware you will be on the cutting edge, software-wise. At that point it'll be 1 of only 5 devices with the official Kit Kat update (Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, and Nexus 10). 

Nevermind I got it to work. I deleted the gameloader app. Rebooted my internet and router restarted my nexus downloaded the app again put in the seriel number and presto 6 free games. The games are Hamilton's Great Adventure, Star Wars Pinball, The Bards Tale (yay), Paper Monsters, Riptide GP 2, and Shadowgun HD.

bread's done
Back