1st time building a pc

Almir

CAG Veteran
recommend me some parts with the links to the items. price range 1200 but i want a hardcore gaming pc that can play all of todays games on max settings and will be ready for tommorows games.

google is your friend....use it and then take a stroll on over to the great site Newegg.com...

what i dont understand is why people always say they want to build a pc but then dont know what to buy....LOOK IT UP and if you still cant figure it out then buy a dell and save yourself some hassle

its my first time looking into getting a customized pc and i dont know what parts are good and i dont know what parts i need for a pc

[quote name='Almir']its my first time looking into getting a customized pc and i dont know what parts are good and i dont know what parts i need for a pc[/QUOTE]

Perhaps building a P.C. is not for you...

basically, you need around 15 parts or more (not just hardware, but keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor, etc. err that is hardware but you need a OS) You need to know how to build it though, that is probably the hardest but most fun part.

[quote name='Almir']price range 1200 but i want a hardcore gaming pc that can play all of todays games on max settings and will be ready for tommorows games.[/QUOTE]

I doubt you'll be able to build a true future-proof "hard core" system for that much, unless you're not including a monitor in that amount.

I agree with JediSB, your budget doesn't match your target system. You may want to research some more before you set a budget especially for that type of system. At this rate, you might be better off with a Dell.

High end video cards are in the $550 range. Hardcore gaming futureproof computers will use 2 of those.

You may want to lower you're standards to "Really nice computer that will play all of todays games and be able to play games for the next 1 1/2 years on medium."

Then you can settle for single 7800, 2 gigs of ram and a strong athlon 64 processor and be golden.

Dell's are crap. Lousy things break with no effort. Building it is good experience. From there it only gets easier and since you know what's in it that makes it a bit more futureproof.

Read this PC Guide, try to digest the info within and from there pick and choose what you would like to get. It even has a few recomendations on what to choose if you have no idea what to get.

[quote name='Pijaibros']Dell's are crap. Lousy things break with no effort. Building it is good experience. From there it only gets easier and since you know what's in it that makes it a bit more futureproof.

Read this PC Guide, try to digest the info within and from there pick and choose what you would like to get. It even has a few recomendations on what to choose if you have no idea what to get.[/QUOTE]

I have had nothing but great experiences with Dell computers. Dell customer representatives and tech support are really bad though. You can find great deals on thier computers if you know where to look.

Defending the devil aside. I completely agree with you when it comes to assembling your own computers. Thats what I have been doing for myself for the past ten years and would never consider buying a tower in box unless it was some amazing deal.

For the OP:

Do you have anything already?
Keyboard, mouse, speakers, Monitor or do you need all of those as well?

I wsh people knew how to use the search button on these forums, as well as google. There seems to be 29587 threads in the past couple of weeks on builing PCs.

[quote name='munch']I wsh people knew how to use the search button on these forums, as well as google. There seems to be 29587 threads in the past couple of weeks on builing PCs.[/QUOTE]

I totaly feel like an enabler now.

bread's done
Back