1st time selling on ebay and already having issues, advice needed.

ninjaspeedrazor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Ok, so here's the deal. I'm getting ready to graduate college and decided that it was time to start selling off some of my collection, I've played and beaten everything at least twice and had some pretty valuable stuff, Valkyrie Profile, Black Label Xenogears, etc. I sold my first batch of games with no problem, shipped everything priority with delivery confirmation, insurance optional.
I started getting postive feedback within a few days, everyone was happy. Well about 2 weeks after I shipped I got a message from one of the buyers saying that their package never arrived. I checked the delivery confirmation # and it shows that it was delivered on March 23 to the address that was provided to me. The buyer claims that she spoke to the post office and they had to records of the package. What should I do as the seller? This is my first experience selling on ebay, bought plenty though and never had problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot guys!

I've had this happen, sometimes a neighbor grabs it, or maybe it was taken from their doorstep. Provide them the tracking number, the post office will have it too, but that is generally the only record you'll have. Basically, once you ship it, it's out of your hands.

Good luck!

That's pretty much what I've done, I sent her the tracking number right after I shipped it, she didn't take the insurance. So I feel bad for her, but I don't think that I'm liable at this point but I'm not sure how this all works. Thanks!

Im pretty sure that if you ship and the DC# is confirmed you are 100% covered. I think even if she leaves you negative feed back you can submit your info to Ebay and they will negate it.

If they used a credit card to pay you though, you may have some trouble as they can do a charge back.

Tell them that if they didn't buy insurance, you couldn't do anything about it. You have proof of sending and it's not responsibility if the package was uninsured.

It depends on price of item. I don't remember exact numbers but i think less then $150 DC# is enough, over $150 takes Signature Confirmation

When I had my first ebay problem the person claimed they never received the game. I pull up USPS.com and put in the DC# and it says It was delivered almost a week before.

I inform the person and they respond "It's been sitting in my mailbox this whole time"

So...there is a big chance it's a lame attempt to scam you.

can you tell us the item you sold and it would be best to transfer all the money out of your account right now to your bank. I have heard storys that even if you provide DC you will still lose.

Thanks for all the advice guys, this really helps . I hope that this all works out and is just a misunderstanding. I really appreciate your advice though, thanks guys!

[quote name='TornadoXL']can you tell us the item you sold and it would be best to transfer all the money out of your account right now to your bank. I have heard storys that even if you provide DC you will still lose.[/quote]
paypal will be on his side though. I've been scammed the other way, from the seller. I never received my console, and then paypal asked the seller for a DC number. He provided them one, and a week later, I received a media mail pouch with rubberbands and paperclips in it.

They took the DC number as proof, no questions asked...even closed the dispute.

Surprised nobody said this but if the address you shipped to was unconfirmed you will probably lose. If your account is a personal account you have no seller protection. If the item was more than $250 and you did not get a signature you will also probably lose. If your account is premier or business and you shipped to a confirmed address and the item was less than $250 you will probably win if they decide to do a chargeback. Just tell the buyer she has to contact the post office about this matter because they said it was delivered.

bread's done
Back