1TB PS4 Pro for $299 from 12/10-12/16 with Amazon $50 trade-in offer

infectedpsyche

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all, 

Amazon is having a promotion where if you trade-in "any qualifying game, console or accessory" by 12/16, you get a bonus $50 savings on a 1TB PS4 Pro that's shipped and sold by Amazon. In addition to this, on 12/10 the base price for the Pro is supposed to go down to $349 (according to Sony).

I have successfully completed a simple, qualifying trade-in and I'm being offered the $50 savings at checkout on a $399 Pro so I know the offer has applied to my account. If you've traded in with Amazon before, you may qualify for "instant payment" where they apply the gift card balance to your account prior to them actually receiving the game. I can also confirm that the $50 savings will also apply instantly if you qualify for that option.

Please note that Amazon is stating that the promotional savings will expire if not used by 1/31/18!

Going to drop some supporting links and pics below. 

Amazon Promotion Details

[attachment=28933:Amazon Promo.png]

PS4 Pro Pricing

[attachment=28934:pS4 Pricing.jpg]

Anyone know the criteria for instant payment on trade ins? Logged into 3 different amazon accounts and didn’t get that option on any of them.
I think it just depends on the item. I was going to trade in a random aux cable that was eligible.. and it didnt work. The I traded in a OG PS2 dual shock controller and it gave me the option to do it.

So on that note, you are not just limited to current gen stuff to trade in. Initially they were taking everything from Fitbit charging cables to 6" male-male aux jack cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already starting to have buyers remorse. I dont have a 4k t.v., primarily got due to good price and some say much better graphics and performance on psvr, but some say couldnt tell a difference. Going to be a little tocked if Im in the couldnt tell a difference category

I'm not seeing an option for the launch ps4 trade in. With this deal, what would be our ps4 trade in value, and our cost difference upgrading to a ps4 pro?

Since we have a psvr, this might make sense this week.

I'm not seeing an option for the launch ps4 trade in. With this deal, what would be our ps4 trade in value, and our cost difference upgrading to a ps4 pro?

I don't think the original PS4 is eligible for this deal. Only specific models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having the same problem. :/
Honestly don't know how they determine what accounts are eligible for instant credit. Tried 4 different accounts trying to trade in the same item:

1. my business account that I spend 20-30 thousand a year: not eligible

2. personal account that averages 5 transactions a month: not eligible

3. gf's account, 1-2 purchases a month: not eligible

4. little sister's account opened up 6 months ago with 1 purchase so far: eligible.

Makes no sense. Went ahead and traded in some random controller and promo came up instantly. PS4 pro for 300 and Skyrim PSVR for 249. Been meaning to play skyrim for years now, pretty excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Type in "playstation 4 console" and it should be on the 2nd page.

so i noticed one of the trade in items is psvr for 215.85.  On any product page it says trade in below the price.  A drop down comes up with one of them being the psvr since i purchased it from amazon, but when i go to do the trade in, it says "Already submitted trade in".  The thing is i havnt.  anyone else see this?  This would be an insane trade in considering you can buy new for 199.

I've not traded anything in with Amazon before. How has the experience been for those who have tried it?

I'm a little worried if I have to wait for them to receive and evaluate the console before giving the discount/credit and being able to order the pro. That's a lot of potential damage sending the console to them (and possibly having it returned to me). I don't really have another box/packing for it aside from what the ps4 came in.

Do they expect the game in some form for the Last of Us bundle? That was a code, so I don't think they can, but it's not very clear from their trade-in process.

Has anyone ever traded in a console with Amazon? Do I need the original box? They are giving a very high value for the Last of Us 500GB bundle...was wondering if I could just grab a copy of the game and mail it in together (minus the box) and get full value? Thanks!

An agent on the phone said they could retroactively apply the trade in credit and the additional $50 to a pro purchased today. Amazon has always done good by us, so I trust them on this. (Plus they have the record of our conversation)

How does amazon do when shipping a console and providing good box protection for the system ?

Got my console today. Shipped it in a cardboard box with little protection. Box has a small ding on the back. Console works perfectly.

Amazon let the "$50 sale" last a few hours extra into Sunday it seemed, but now prices are back to msrp.

Was able to just get in with my tradein being delivered and accepted a day earlier than expected.

Has anyone ever traded in a console with Amazon? Do I need the original box? They are giving a very high value for the Last of Us 500GB bundle...was wondering if I could just grab a copy of the game and mail it in together (minus the box) and get full value? Thanks!
I traded in a white destiny ps4 last year without the game and with a black ds4 and got full credit. I did have the original box and paperwork though.

I bought it last week, and after talking to an agent, they said they would refund the coupon amount when the trade was approved.

I bought it last week, and after talking to an agent, they said they would refund the coupon amount when the trade was approved.
I talked to them on Saturday and they where defiant telling me I had to wait.

I've never had a trade take this long. Must be the holidays… needless to say I probably won't buy it from them, between shipping games in envelopes and arriving crushed to pre-orders arriving 3-4 days late I'm done with Amazons practices as of late.

I talked to them on Saturday and they where defiant telling me I had to wait.

I've never had a trade take this long. Must be the holidays… needless to say I probably won't buy it from them, between shipping games in envelopes and arriving crushed to pre-orders arriving 3-4 days late I'm done with Amazons practices as of late.
Told me the same thing... I got disconnected 3 times before the last person basically was like... I'll call you Monday and make this right. Traded in GTA IV for 360... of course... today... I get notified that it's being sent back because it doesn't match the item on their trade in page... which looks like a xbox 360 classic version of the game... Their trade in process is so confusing if there are multiple versions of a game... I ordered it too, but I dont know... Plan on sending in one more thing to trade in to get the deal... but if it doesn't get retroactively discounted then Im just going to return it.

Took WAY too long for the entire process... Strange since Im used to being given the credit before i even SEND IT...

My system got, rejected told me it didn't include everything even though I made sure (headset, power supply, HDMI etc.) they probably did because they didn't want the original model (Today I see it's unavailable for trade).

The promo is still up although it states the end date was 12/16.

Can anyone confirm if we can still do this?

Yeah, this deal was SO BS. They accepted the game trade in that qualified us for the promotional discount of an additional $50, but then for some reason marked our ps4 trade in as in poor condition. Here's what we sent in:

1tb ps4, without scratches in perfect working condition, an new controller since we had to replace the originals with the defective stick rubber, all the cords, headset, paperwork, original box like new, original baggies everything came in, and even the original twist ties that were still in the box in storage!

How this could be marked as a poor condition trade in is beyond me!

And I even chatted with them last friday when the listing said two controllers, and the original system only came with one controller in the box. (The agent on chat said it was a typo in their part, and not to worry about it and just send it in.)

They have the transcripts of the chat as well.

I'll be happy if they at least give us the extra $50 off... we can trade everything in elsewhere for the same or more than what amazon offered, but this SO feels like a scam, with it hitting three days right before Christmas.

I'll never deal with their trade in thing ever again after this!

Yeah, this deal was SO BS. They accepted the game trade in that qualified us for the promotional discount of an additional $50, but then for some reason marked our ps4 trade in as in poor condition. Here's what we sent in:

1tb ps4, without scratches in perfect working condition, an new controller since we had to replace the originals with the defective stick rubber, all the cords, headset, paperwork, original box like new, original baggies everything came in, and even the original twist ties that were still in the box in storage!

How this could be marked as a poor condition trade in is beyond me!

And I even chatted with them last friday when the listing said two controllers, and the original system only came with one controller in the box. (The agent on chat said it was a typo in their part, and not to worry about it and just send it in.)

They have the transcripts of the chat as well.

I'll be happy if they at least give us the extra $50 off... we can trade everything in elsewhere for the same or more than what amazon offered, but this SO feels like a scam, with it hitting three days right before Christmas.

I'll never deal with their trade in thing ever again after this!
Glad I'm not the only one. I guess the extra controller was what they rejected mine as well even though they couldn't say as to what was missing. 3 days later abs I haven't received my system back. Amazon is turning into GameStop.

This worked out better for us in the end... We got the extra $50 9ff on the game we traded in, got our ps4 back yesterday, and after checking it out, traded it into gamestop for $175 cash.... Instead of the measly $122 Amazon was going to give us.

Gamestop has extra trade in deals and cash or credit on them through tomorrow, I think.

bread's done
Back