$2.00 blurays on Gohastings: Look in your email for free ship codes

romodome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
A bunch of $2.00 blurays on gohastings.com, jsut got over 100 of them for about $220.00

Dragonquest
Rmabo 1 &2
Stir of Echoes
Unborn
Chaos
Megashark...
ninja
war inc
leathal weapon
some anime

Shipping is $2.28 per item, but free if you got their email they sent out a couple weeks back. Hopefully people will post unwanted codes. Suck at linking, but I try. If it doesnt work, go to used, sort by price and then choose only bluray. Good deals, a bunch at about $5 that are great.

http://www.gohastings.com/browse/MO...455/N/2458+2469+2601/departmentName/MOVIE.uts

[quote name='MustNotTellLies']Im willing to pay $5-$10 via Paypal for a free shipping code. I would really love to take advantage of this.[/QUOTE]

I would totally part with my code for that!

I was probably going to use my code but I would trade it for a PayDay The Heist code or a $5 Amazon GC. Either/or.

PayDay The Heist will be $5 on Amazon tomorrow. I plan to buy it myself but I'd forgo some cheap blus is someone is willing to buy a copy of PayDay for me.

PM me if interested.

Chaos
Get Smart's Bruce and Lloyd out of Control
Stir of Echoes
Rambo III
Dragonquest
Brooklyn's Finest
Category 7: The End of the World
The Unborn
Premonition
Untraceable
Prom Night
Rambo: First Blood II
College Road Trip
Are We Done Yet?
Management
Ninja
Daddy Day Camp
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
War, Inc.
Lethal Weapon
Hancock
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Legion
Max Payne
Beowulf & Grendel
New in Town
Happily N'Ever After
It's Complicated
Duplicity
The Reaping
Milk
Year One
The Karate Kid
Redbelt
What Doesn't Kill You
Hotel for Dogs
Rush Hour 3
American Pie Presents: The Book of Love
Blue Streak
Imagine That
Hart's War
The Women
Rachel Getting Married
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
The Soloist
In the Line of Fire
Made of Honor
Love Happens
Sunshine Cleaning
Blood: The Last Vampire
Universal Soldier
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Rescue Dawn
The Big Bang
You Don't Mess with the Zohan
State of Play
Saw V
Frost/Nixon
Leatherheads
Dante's Inferno
Vantage Point
Surrogates
Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball
Ghost Writer
Spider-Man 3
The Game Plan
Nim's Island
Eat Pray Love
Obsessed
Old Dogs
Open Season 2
The Rocker
Extraordinary Measures
TMNT
Valkyrie
The Karate Kid
Space Buddies
The House Bunny
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
Home of the Brave
Beverly Hills Chihuahua
The Marine 2
Superman: The Movie
The Roommate
Brothers
The Search for Santa Paws
The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
Up in the Air
Live Free or Die Hard
Shrek Forever After

Total for all this was less then $180.00 Cant beat it!

Also if you want a code, you need to offer something up. I offered a $5.00 Amazon GC and got 8 different replies. Its a valuble coupon if you buy a bunch of blurays. Hopefully they come with the actual cases and not rental cases.

[quote name='romodome']Also if you want a code, you need to offer something up. I offered a $5.00 Amazon GC and got 8 different replies. Its a valuble coupon if you buy a bunch of blurays. Hopefully they come with the actual cases and not rental cases.[/QUOTE]

I still have mine if anyone wants to trade for a $5 amazon gift card.

[quote name='romodome']Total for all this was less then $180.00 Cant beat it![/QUOTE]

You can beat it - you dont buy most of those movies. Ugh.

[quote name='Arakias']You can beat it - you dont buy most of those movies. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

I took my wife and two kids to go see Cars 2 a while back, it cost of $140.00 for parking, 3d tickets and snacks. all those movies may not be oscar winners, but if they get me out of one theater going, then it paid for itself and someo f those movies are great. Quantity over quality with some quality built in.

[quote name='romodome']I took my wife and two kids to go see Cars 2 a while back, it cost of $140.00 for parking, 3d tickets and snacks. all those movies may not be oscar winners, but if they get me out of one theater going, then it paid for itself and someo f those movies are great. Quantity over quality with some quality built in.[/QUOTE]

GOOD GRIEF! Where do you go to the theater?? For me and my fiance, two 3D tickets is about $20, even at $15 a ticket times 4 that's just 60 dollars...how many snacks did you buy??? And you have to pay to park at a theater???? I retract any statement I've said in the past about movies being expensive 0_0

[quote name='plus1zero']GOOD GRIEF! Where do you go to the theater?? For me and my fiance, two 3D tickets is about $20, even at $15 a ticket times 4 that's just 60 dollars...how many snacks did you buy??? And you have to pay to park at a theater???? I retract any statement I've said in the past about movies being expensive 0_0[/QUOTE]

tickets: $16x4
Valet Parking $20 w/ tip (try parking in LA)
2 lg popcorn, 3 sodas, 1 juice, a couple candies, ice cream also=$50-60-I remember thinking that that was the last time I would go to a theater and havent back since.

it was in Los Angeles, but it would have been around $110 at the local theater in San Diego. Still $90 bucks to see a movie, that is netflix for a year or 90 redbox rentals or....buying 50 blurays.

[quote name='romodome']2 lg popcorn, 3 sodas, 1 juice, a couple candies, ice cream also=$50-60[/QUOTE]

What the..?!

Spoiler alert: You put the financial burden on yourself.

Stop encouraging this activity.. bring bottled water and that's IT.

[quote name='romodome']tickets: $16x4
2 lg popcorn, 3 sodas, 1 juice, a couple candies, ice cream also=$50-60-I remember thinking that that was the last time I would go to a theater and havent back since.

it was in Los Angeles, but it would have been around $110 at the local theater in San Diego. Still $90 bucks to see a movie, that is netflix for a year or 90 redbox rentals or....buying 50 blurays.[/QUOTE]
you must be exaggerating. this seems excessive, especially for only two adults and two kids.

[quote name='Jesse757x']you must be exaggerating. this seems excessive, especially for only two adults and two kids.[/QUOTE]

The tickets are exact, it was $64.00 for the 3d, the parking is exact because I didnt see change from teh $20.00 my wife gave them and I remember paying over $40.00 for the snacks and then my wife going back for the ice cream. It was about $50-60 dollars. I was pissed about the parking but I had already promised them to go see Cars 2.

[quote name='Jesse757x']you must be exaggerating. this seems excessive, especially for only two adults and two kids.[/QUOTE]

When is the last time you went to a movie that wasn't a matinee or early bird showing? Tickets are $12 (tack on $4 for 3d) each. That right off the bat is $48. Sodas are $5 each, popcorn $5 each, etc...

I could easily seeing a movie costing a family $100 to see.

That is why I only go to matinees and never buy any concessions. A cool $5 to watch a movie that way. But I've taken enough dates to watch movies that I know for just two people it can run $50 or more.

[quote name='ssjmichael']your mailman is going to hate you lol[/QUOTE]

I didnt even notice this. They sent me a completed list of the movies and almost each one has its own tracking number most UPS ground. They are probably paying about $2.00 shipping for each movie. I think the money I am paying doesnt even cover the shipping costs let alone the blurays. Wow, badly run system for the company. I was told they would batch the movies together. Feeling guilty..

it was in Los Angeles, but it would have been around $110 at the local theater in San Diego. Still $90 bucks to see a movie, that is netflix for a year or 90 redbox rentals or....buying 50 blurays.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you went to the grove or century city because those are only places I know with exorbitant valet prices. You should have just parked for free in the structures.

So I ordered a used Mr. Fantastic Fox Blu Ray (3 discs) and received a Blu Ray rental copy. I sent an e-mail to their service department. Hopefully they will actually do something about it.

Edit: Just tried ejecting it from my PS3 and it got stuck the first two times (put it again to test if it would happen again). I had to use this guide: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/1839694?start=0&tstart=0 to get it out (Had to slide partially slide in another DVD with the PS3 disc try facing down and then hit eject).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TerpsJunkie']So I ordered a used Mr. Fantastic Fox Blu Ray (3 discs) and received a Blu Ray rental copy. I sent an e-mail to their service department. Hopefully they will actually do something about it.

Edit: Just tried ejecting it from my PS3 and it got stuck the first two times (put it again to test if it would happen again). I had to use this guide: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/1839694?start=0&tstart=0 to get it out (Had to slide partially slide in another DVD with the PS3 disc try facing down and then hit eject).[/QUOTE]

Calling usually gets better results.

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Got a rental case for one of the blu rays. Is it worth it to talk to em about it or should I just take it?[/QUOTE]

Was it a "Used" or "Previously viewed" movie?

My order email looks like this -

Description
Color/Size/Format Quantity Price Total
The Big Bang Used - Blu-ray 1 $2.28 $2.28

It will either say Used or Previously viewed.

Either way, I don't think it really matters. There's no guarantee with used to receive original cases. It's already been mentioned in this thread that some of these could be coming from Blockbuster surplus anyway. Even in the past, I've gotten BR's from GoHastings in Blockbuster cases. If someone buys a used blu-ray at Blockbuster and trades it in to GoHastings...it's still considered "used". Who complains about a case on a $2 blu-ray? lol

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Either way, I don't think it really matters. There's no guarantee with used to receive original cases. It's already been mentioned in this thread that some of these could be coming from Blockbuster surplus anyway. Even in the past, I've gotten BR's from GoHastings in Blockbuster cases. If someone buys a used blu-ray at Blockbuster and trades it in to GoHastings...it's still considered "used". Who complains about a case on a $2 blu-ray? lol[/QUOTE]

Are you sure they wouldn't categorize that as a previously viewed item? Every single DVD/Blu I've ordered from hastings has come in their original case when I buy used. With previously viewed on the other hand, the cases are not always the original and the condition is often worse.

I do agree with you that it's not really worth complaining about

More of less it just bugs the hell out of me when I look at my shelf and see something not in its original case. But I'll just grab one of my bro's cases and print out the slipcover. No big deal.

I got shipping confirmation on every single item, for two orders. Looks like the mailman is going to be pissed off, this coming week, with all of my separate packages from goHastings, Amazon, Newegg, and Barnes & Noble. I ordered 27 titles from goHastings for $84, shipped, between two orders, and I saw at least 12 different tracking numbers. :lol:

Looking at my order , looks like most of the movies (47 total) are coming split between 2 UPS packages, with a couple more USPS.

Just FYI.. even if you buy it used, it's not *guaranteed* to be used. It could be a clearance rental. Let me explain.

Hastings does not manually type in the things they take back in on trade. They scan the barcode. If it doesn't scan, they don't take it. Rental exclusive dvd's and blu's that get clearanced out have a separate UPC and are -not- in their system, so you don't have to worry about those.

However, there -have- been instances.. very rare instances, but they've happened.. where a customer will buy a PV movie in the store (clearance rental, a retail copy from a company that doesn't produce rental exclusive dvd's and blu's) and trade it back in. In that instance, it's considered used.

My orders are slowly starting to trickle in, so far 1 of the 5 that have gotten here so far have been a blockbuster rental in a black dvd case.

[quote name='merchie89']so were there any actual good movies for $2, or just some that were okay and for $2. didnt look at the deal[/QUOTE]

Some i never would have watched if they weren't $2 - some that are def worth $2, some I might regret buying :)....but here is my list.

30 Days of Night: Dark Days
50 Dead Men Walking
88 Minutes
Adoration
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
American Pie Presents: The Book of Love
Are We Done Yet?
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
Blood: The Last Vampire
Blue Streak
Brooklyn's Finest
Bruno
Burn After Reading
Deadline
Death at a Funeral
Duplicity
Frost/Nixon
Get Smart's Bruce and Lloyd Out of Control
Ghost Writer
Happily N'Ever After
Hunt to Kill
Jumper
Lakeview Terrace
Last Chance Harvey
Legion
Lost Boys: The Tribe
Lymelife
March of the Penguins
Max Payne
Michael Jackson's This Is It
Midnight Movie
Milk
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Ninja
One Missed Call
Open Season 2
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Possession
Postal
Prom Night
Puppet Master
Redbelt
Replicant
Rescue Dawn
Rest Stop: Don't Look Back
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale
Secret Window
Shutter
Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball
Solitary Man
Sorority Row
State of Play
Sugar
Surrogates
Tell Tale
The Big Bang
The Big Country
The Haunting in Connecticut
The House Bunny
The Invincible Iron Man
The Karate Kid
The Reaping
The Secret
The Soloist
The Stepfather
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
The Unborn
The Uninvited
The World's Biggest and Baddest Bugs
Traitor
Untraceable
W.
War, Inc.
What Just Happened
Wolf
Year One
You Don't Mess with the Zohan

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are you sure they wouldn't categorize that as a previously viewed item? Every single DVD/Blu I've ordered from hastings has come in their original case when I buy used. With previously viewed on the other hand, the cases are not always the original and the condition is often worse.

I do agree with you that it's not really worth complaining about[/QUOTE]

It's been my understanding that "used" is anything traded in. It would make more sense to me to classify something based on where it came from rather than the condition it's in (since they don't guarantee case and cover art anyway). Therefore, "previously viewed" would be ex-rentals from their own supply. As I said, I have gotten "used" movies in BBV cases in the past. It sucked, but I just figured somebody must have bought it during a BBV sale, and then traded it in to GoHastings. At least that seemed like a more reasonable explanation than that they were trying to screw me (especially considering the BBV case...where did that come from?)

And with this sale, that wouldn't surprise me at all considering someone has been explicitly told that some of these are old BBV stock (though that's not really a trade in either). But it's not the end of the world, as I can just buy some empty blu-ray cases on eBay for reasonably cheap and replace those crappy DVD cases anyway. $2 for a blu-ray and $0.50 for a case is still a good deal to me...and definitely not worth complaining about, since they'd most likely tell you to go jump in a lake anyway...well, maybe not in those words, lol. :)

so far I have received about 15 of the blurays all but three are in original bluray cases and the two that are not are bluray./dvd combo dvd cases (one with both, one missing the blu ray!). A few are disney films with the point paperwork so that wasa bonus.

My wife wanted to go see the shitpile, "This Means War". $20 for two tickets, not bad...Then she pays $12 for popcorn and a drink. Nearly $40 to see a piece of shit movie frustrates me.

Seeing how much others are paying for the "experience" is disheartening. I'm very tempted to say 'so long' to theaters. Paying anything over $15 a person to see a movie that you'll be able to own for that price in three months is just ridiculous.

I'm done with theaters.

bread's done
Back