2.1 Speaker system?

Noogums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Howdy! I'm lookin for a good 2.1 computer speaker system for my computer. It needs to have multiple analog in ports because my ps3 and 360 will both be plugged into it. But above all, it must have good sound quality. no cheap tinny bass-less crap. I'd prefer a reliable brand too such as Altec Lancing or logitech. Im willing to spend up to $60. these things are always on sale.

Also, 2.1 has 2 speakers and 1 separate sub woofer. Just in case you didnt know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that every time someone makes a thread asking for recommendations for "good speakers," they then go on to say that they want a Logitech or Altec Lansing set or something. These things are completely contradictory.

I'll humor you, though. If axillary inputs (RCA, I'm assuming) are absolutely necessary, and you want to spend $60, then this is just about your only choice:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002FU5QM0/

[quote name='Noogums']Howdy! I'm lookin for a good 2.1 computer speaker system for my computer. It needs to have multiple analog in ports because my ps3 and 360 will both be plugged into it. But above all, it must have good sound quality. no cheap tinny bass-less crap. I'd prefer a reliable brand too such as Altec Lancing or logitech. Im willing to spend up to $60. these things are always on sale.

Also, 2.1 has 2 speakers and 1 separate sub woofer. Just in case you didnt know.[/QUOTE]

If you feel like you have to explain to us what a 2.1 speaker system is, how would you expect us to know any deals going on for them? Also, you aren't going to get anything of true quality for less than $60.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Why is it that every time someone makes a thread asking for recommendations for "good speakers," they then go on to say that they want a Logitech or Altec Lansing set or something. These things are completely contradictory.

I'll humor you, though. If axillary inputs (RCA, I'm assuming) are absolutely necessary, and you want to spend $60, then this is just about your only choice:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002FU5QM0/[/QUOTE]

ive just had very good luck with the 2 brands. I have a very nice 2.1 set by altec lancing that is perfectly sufficient for my video gaming needs but i gave them to my dad. They cost $20 at a garage sale and they're wonderful. Im not lookin to host a party with them or anything, i just need some inexpencive speakers to replace the ultra crappy sound coming out of the back of my monitor.

[quote name='Malik112099']If you feel like you have to explain to us what a 2.1 speaker system is, how would you expect us to know any deals going on for them? Also, you aren't going to get anything of true quality for less than $60.[/QUOTE]

Because maybe some one has a very good set of 2.1 speakers, but didnt know what they were called.

cmon guys im not looking for hardcore audiophile quality. There was a 5.1 system on sale for about $70 about a week ago that got excellent reviews. Just cuz its cheap doesnt mean it has to suck...

Case in point: http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/computer/categories/gaming/1/accessories/FT893AA%23ABA

75, and then with my coupon would bring it down to 60 shipped. great quality, very highly rated/recommended 5.1 set.

The problem with this? I dont need a 5.1. i dont have any room for the 2 rears. Also, not enough inputs.

bread's done
Back