2/25 Amazon DoTD -- Wii Boss Dual Pack $10.99

They're like extended grips for the regular Wii remote it seems, with their own buttons making contact with the buttons underneath, basically reskinning it. More useful than the plastic golf clubs and other useless tat, for sure.

But not for me. Still, not bad.

It is actually a snap on overlay for your wii remote. If you look at one of the single controllers packs that Amazon sells you can see a picture of the back where the wiimote snaps in. Another piece of plastic for your Wii.

Seems to try to convert a standard wiimote to a dogbone style NES controller. I can't imagine it working too well due to the thickness of the wiimote

I bought these when nsmb wii came out and while they are comfortable they are not at all responsive enough. I would find myself dying for stupid reasons and then after taking the shell off I did not have nearly as much trouble. Just trying to warn some of you before you waste your hard earned money.

I bought some of these from GS and found they work extremely well for the new SMB and Punch Out Wii games. Having the larger Dpad being the biggest advantage.

I haven't found any other games that really benefit from them yet but I don't play the Wii to often aside from the two mentioned games and some party games. I imagine it would work well on the Warioland Shake It also.

This is a decent deal since they retail $10ea normally @ B&M stores

[quote name='Chlorox']I bought these when nsmb wii came out and while they are comfortable they are not at all responsive enough. I would find myself dying for stupid reasons and then after taking the shell off I did not have nearly as much trouble. Just trying to warn some of you before you waste your hard earned money.[/QUOTE]

I have to second this. Look at the button layout of the shell and compare it to the button layout of the Wii remote. Only a corner of the action buttons (1 and 2) are actually covered by the oversized buttons. You have to press the buttons very precisely to get them to register consistently. Another problem is that the B button on the back of the remote isn't covered by the shell, so you can't really comfortably grip the controller. I would not recommend these.

I bought the red/green two pack when I bought NSMB. My 5 year-old son and I use them when playing that game and like them.

I bought one as soon as I found out they existed. I hate it. The buttons are too mushy and unresponsive. Playing with it for a few minutes, then taking it off and playing with a bare controller is such a relief.

This is back as the DOTD, but even cheaper at $7.98 for the double pack. Bonus: I got a $5 mp3 promo credit w/ no mention on the product page. YMMV on the credit, but it was detailed at check out. You won't get it again if you already received it as part of a previous participating video game purchase. See below.

I couldn't stand playing NSMB with the wiimote -- cramped my hands like a mofo -- so hope this helps despite some of the negs about affecting button response. I was going to get a grip from fleabay, but might as well try this pair out.

from Amazon:
Important Message
Upon order of your purchased qualifying video games item, you will receive an email indicating that the $5 credit for Amazon MP3 music downloads has been applied to your account automatically. The credit may be used only for Amazon MP3 downloads available at www.amazon.com. You must redeem your credit (in one or more transactions) for Amazon MP3 downloads by July 15, 2010. Customers may only become eligible for the $5 MP3 offer once during the May 7, 2010 to June 15, 2010 promotional period.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hibiwa']This is back as the DOTD, but even cheaper at $7.98 for the double pack. Bonus not mentioned is I got a $5 mp3 promo credit w/ no mention on the product page. Maybe YMMV on the credit, but it did mention it when I was checking out.

I couldn't stand playing NSMB with the wiimote -- cramped my hands like a mofo -- so hope this helps despite some of the negs about affecting button response. I was going to get a grip from fleabay, but might as well try this pair out.[/QUOTE]

got the promo mp3 credit right away after order.. thanks for the mention

i have fairly large hands and i find that using the wii controller sleeve is quite effective in making the wiimote much more comfortable

As cool as they look the 1 and 2 buttons are placed in a very uncomfortable position. Instead of being next to each other or at a natural angle they are damn near on top of each other.

bread's done
Back