2.5" Internal Hard Drive for PS3

If you are lucky enough to live near one, Microcenter (physical store, I haven't had great luck with their website when looking for in-store deals) usually has some pretty solid prices on these.

Online, I'd try Newegg.com or Ebay.

I got a Simpletech 320GB external drive from Best Buy, yesterday. It was on sale for $89.99. I used a 10% off computer accessories coupon from here. Look in the Video Game Forum and got it out the door for $86 and some change.

[quote name='00silvergt']I got a Simpletech 320GB external drive from Best Buy, yesterday. It was on sale for $89.99. I used a 10% off computer accessories coupon from here. Look in the Video Game Forum and got it out the door for $86 and some change.[/QUOTE]

Just curious but what are you going to do with an external drive for the PS3?

[quote name='Indiana']Just curious but what are you going to do with an external drive for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Can plug it in via USB.

But yeah, newegg is your best bet for the internal HD.

Ps3 unlike the restrictive Microsoft offering will allow you to write to the USB. I store all of my movies, etc. on the USB external drive. Leave my 60GB drive for games and saves, etc. As it stands the largest 2.5" SATA drive you can buy is 300GB. That will cost you a mint and a second mortgage on the one that's about to adjust! LOL So the external drive makes sense. Also it is brainless to install. (almost. make sure you format it Fat32, since PS3's can not see NTFS formats).

Getting back on topic. The OP asked about maximizing his HD, I assumed using the PS3 for movies. The easiest solution is to go external.

Darn...reread the OP HD he meant HDD...my bad...sorry.

You can get a 250GB notebook drive for about $150 on Newegg. That should be more than enough. I cannot even come close to filling up the 250GB drive on my destkop, and that is filled with Windows, music, movies, games, and so much crap that I would probably delete, if I had to.

bread's done
Back