$2.95 Blu Ray from Disney Rewards on your Birthday

Angrybeaver1

CAGiversary!
Don't know if this has already been posted but if you belong to disney rewards (free) you will get a coupon code on your birthday for a free Blu Ray, just pay shipping and handling ($2.95). The titles currently offered are:

National Treasure
Meet the Robinsons
Game Plan
High School Musical 2
Enchanted

Not the best selection but for less then 3 bucks you get a blu...not bad

My wife and I both have accounts and we each got the email for the free blu-ray. Picked up enchanted and national treasure. My birthday is in August so hopefully they will get some new/different movies listed.

I got my email on Friday... just ordered Enchanted. I'd actually forgotten all about this. I deleted the "Happy Birthday" email without even opening it. Luckily, someone updated this posting and reminded me!

I apologize for bumping this, but I had a question. My Birthday is on August 11 and I'm sure I'll get the email from Disney to receive my Blu-ray. However, after reading the terms and conditions, it reads "limit 1 redemption per household. Blu-ray discs may not be mailed to P.O. boxes. Check with your local post office for a street address. Offer rights may not be assigned or transferred. All submissions are subject to verification. Fradulent submission including use of multiple birthdays, addresses or P.O. boxes to obtain additional Blu-ray discs may result in action."

Well, my sister just celebrated her birthday recently, and since she's a member of the Disney Rewards site, she received her email to receive her Blu-ray as well. But since they only allow 1 redemption per household, do you guys think it's possible for her to list her work address for the delivery address? She has our home address listed under home address/billing, but do you think she should also change that to her work address as well? The thing is that if she uses our home address for any reason, I believe that Disney won't want to send me my Blu-ray for my birthday because we both live in the same house and use the same house address and I really want my Blu-ray. What do you guys think I should do? I would have asked her to use our P.O. Box Address, but they don't accept those... :(

[quote name='sangredekrazy']My wife and I both have accounts and we each got the email for the free blu-ray. Picked up enchanted and national treasure. My birthday is in August so hopefully they will get some new/different movies listed.[/QUOTE]
My wife and I both got it too and because it said one per household we shipped the second to her parents house. Now her account that the second one was redeemed under is -account banned- when trying to sign in. I think maybe because the address was the same as my account and then I changed it under account info before redeeming the offer to her parents address, no idea really but others might want to be aware that you could get banned lol.

My sister and I already got two sent to the same address early this year. I don't think you'll run into any problems.

[quote name='blissskr']My wife and I both got it too and because it said one per household we shipped the second to her parents house. Now her account that the second one was redeemed under is -account banned- when trying to sign in. I think maybe because the address was the same as my account and then I changed it under account info before redeeming the offer to her parents address, no idea really but others might want to be aware that you could get banned lol.[/QUOTE]

Oh, man. that sucks. I would hate for my account to be banned because I have lots more points than my sister does, and I would obviously be the second account redeeming my movie because my birthday isn't till August and she just had hers recently...

[quote name='Filbert']My sister and I already got two sent to the same address early this year. I don't think you'll run into any problems.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. Neither one of your accounts ever got banned?

[quote name='thesis88']Oh, man. that sucks. I would hate for my account to be banned because I have lots more points than my sister does, and I would obviously be the second account redeeming my movie because my birthday isn't till August and she just had hers recently...[/QUOTE]
Yeah there was about 3,000 points on my wifes account and they didn't ban it right away either as I entered some more codes after that. I just actually found out it was banned recently when I tried to log in and put in the Toy Story codes and it comes up with the account banned message.

[quote name='blissskr']Yeah there was about 3,000 points on my wifes account and they didn't ban it right away either as I entered some more codes after that. I just actually found out it was banned recently when I tried to log in and put in the Toy Story codes and it comes up with the account banned message.[/QUOTE]

Wow, bummer. But how could they ban your wife's account if you changed the home address just before you redeemed the Blu-ray offer? How would the site have known you had your previous home address listed on her account? It's almost as if Disney monitors your every move on that account or something. Creepy! lol. I'm a little afraid now to get my movie, I don't want to get banned just because I share the same household as my sister... Lame!

[quote name='thesis88']Wow, bummer. But how could they ban your wife's account if you changed the home address just before you redeemed the Blu-ray offer? How would the site have known you had your previous home address listed on her account? It's almost as if Disney monitors your every move on that account or something. Creepy! lol. I'm a little afraid now to get my movie, I don't want to get banned just because I share the same household as my sister... Lame![/QUOTE]
I have no idea, Im just glad they didn't ban both our accounts as my own is still valid.

[quote name='blissskr']I have no idea, Im just glad they didn't ban both our accounts as my own is still valid.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried contacting customer service to find out for sure why they banned you?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Have you tried contacting customer service to find out for sure why they banned you?[/QUOTE]
No but there's no other reason it could be so I really don't think there's a reason to contact them.

How long before the actual birthday have people been getting the emails? Mine's the 25th of this month, so far nothing from Disney.

[quote name='blissskr']No but there's no other reason it could be so I really don't think there's a reason to contact them.[/QUOTE]

People on SD are saying their point are gone since Disney moved to the new site format. You may want to send out an email just to see if they will reinstate it.

anyone had a 2nd birthday come around with this deal or is this offer not even 12 months old yet? do they just ignore your next bday?

[quote name='megashock5']How long before the actual birthday have people been getting the emails? Mine's the 25th of this month, so far nothing from Disney.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I got mine on my birthday. It was a "happy birthday and, oh, here's a code" sorta thing.

I've gotten the offer twice and both times came in on my actual birthday.

You've always got to be careful with rewards programs like this because most state one acct per household.

Oh, how could one get 5 points? Spose I could take that quiz and refer a friend for 120 points, just 5 points shy of the Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian Blu-ray.

I really need to start building my BD collection!

[quote name='iowaholdem']Oh, how could one get 5 points? Spose I could take that quiz and refer a friend for 120 points, just 5 points shy of the Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian Blu-ray.

I really need to start building my BD collection![/QUOTE]

Check out this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240084&page=9 and see if there are any codes there you have not entered yet.

DMR recently had a scavenger hunt worth 100 pts total in honor of their new website. Someone posted the answers on that post.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Oh, how could one get 5 points? Spose I could take that quiz and refer a friend for 120 points, just 5 points shy of the Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian Blu-ray.

You can't use your points to get Blu-rays on Disney Movie Rewards can you?

you can trade in the points for blurays?? i thought it was only for older non-animated dvds and odd stuff like posters etc..

[quote name='quatrevav35']you can trade in the points for blurays?? i thought it was only for older non-animated dvds and odd stuff like posters etc..[/QUOTE]I think I misunderstood what I saw on the site. I think registering those codes was worth 125, not 125 points would earn you the Blu-ray.

Anyways, yes you can redeem points for some less-than-impressive DVD's, but it doesn't look like there are any Blu-rays.

[quote name='megashock5']How long before the actual birthday have people been getting the emails? Mine's the 25th of this month, so far nothing from Disney.[/QUOTE]

I'm the 28th and nothing yet here either. A few people got them weeks before others got them the day of.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']I've gotten the offer twice and both times came in on my actual birthday.

You've always got to be careful with rewards programs like this because most state one acct per household.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I'm afraid to have my sister redeem her Blu-ray because I might not get mine in the future since we share the same household. But others have said they've been sent two movies to their house within a year without their accounts getting deleted. How does that happen?

Got my email today (it's my birthday). Though the email says choose from 1 of 5 Blu-rays, when I click on the link, all I see is National Treasure and High School Musical 2.

Can't say I'm particularly interested in either! Booo.

EDIT: Though it looks like both are actively requested on Goozex for 350 points each, so I might still buy one.

[quote name='Foxtrot0245']Happy birthday dude, the Goozex trade in sounds like the thing to do in that situation![/QUOTE]I suppose so. I went ahead and ordered National Treasure (though I really wanted Meet the Robinsons). I'll watch it once and throw it up on Goozex and turn it into a PS3 game!

From what I've read in this thread you get it on your actual birthday. Mine is today so I'm checking, but I read a post that said it didnt come in until the evening. I want my $3 bluray, damnit!!! :)

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Today is my birthday, so unless it comes later on today, I guess its a bust for me. I'll keep ya posted...[/QUOTE]Mine didn't come until noon MDT on my birthday (yesterday), so don't give up hope.

Mine was on Feb 27th

Got the email on

Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I only signed up about three weeks before so was afraid I might not get it but did. Got Enchanted.

Mine came earlier today but I haven't been able to get at it till now. How the hell do you change what selection you get??? Its saying that I chose High School Musical 2. I sure as hell don't care for that movie...

looked through several pages of this thread and disneys site. cant find out what birthday i gave them or if i was given a choice or if i have one now...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its my birthday today and got the email just in time. Now I have to pick one free disney blu-ray and collect 25 points![/QUOTE]

What movie you going with?

did you have the same problem as iowaholdem and only have 2 choices?

[quote name='sangredekrazy']What movie you going with?

did you have the same problem as iowaholdem and only have 2 choices?[/QUOTE]
I got no choice and was saddled with High School Musical 2....grrrrr. At least I'm sure I can flip it at MovieStop

[quote name='sangredekrazy']What movie you going with?

did you have the same problem as iowaholdem and only have 2 choices?[/QUOTE]
I got no choice but High School Musical 2: Extended Version that is. Already have one those in my collection but i'll sell or trade them here anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the fuck?

So I got this e-mail and entered the code at their site... but it only gave me 25 points and nothing else! No selection screen for a Blu-ray...

[quote name='Xizer']What the fuck?

So I got this e-mail and entered the code at their site... but it only gave me 25 points and nothing else! No selection screen for a Blu-ray...[/QUOTE]

I redeemed my birthday code two-three weeks ago and they had all but The Game Plan available. I'm guessing one of two things happened.

A. They ran out of stock of everything.
B. Too many people were creating fake DMR accounts with fake upcoming birthdays to abuse the system.

I'm sorry for those of you who have to miss out on this. I was lucky enough to get National Treasure with a DMR code inside.

I'm in the same boat as other people; I just had a (legitimate) birthday, got the email offer, went to redeem...and the only thing they want me to have is Highschool Musical 2. I wasn't real keen on any of the choices, but I was hoping to get Enchanted for the wife.

But... Highschool Musical? 2? That's just insulting.

[quote name='Xizer']What the fuck?

So I got this e-mail and entered the code at their site... but it only gave me 25 points and nothing else! No selection screen for a Blu-ray...[/QUOTE]

Try this link. I had similar problem when I entered the code but accidentally closed the browser instead of minimize. Luckily I browse my history page & found the link from where I left off. Make sure to check your history browser next time.

bread's done
Back