2-Disc Games (GC) List

Mospeada_21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Putting this together for reference. Maybe you can help and add a few I left off or am unaware of. Might be of interest for collectors as well. (can we apply for sticky status, Mods?)

2-Disc Games (GC) List: (new format)

1) Resident Evil - aka REmake
2) Resident Evil Zero
3) Resident Evil 4
4) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
5) Enter the Matrix
6) Tales of Symphonia
7) Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
8) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus
9) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
10) Freaky Flyers
11) Ribbit King
12) Tiger Woods 2004
13) Tiger Woods 2005
14) Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
15) Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
16) GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
17) The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
18) Killer 7 - future release

A) R: Racing Evolution w/Pac-Man Vs.
B) Mario Kart: Double Dash w/Bonus Disc
C) Darkened Skye/Outlaw Golf Bundle
D) Metroid Prime w/Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Preview Disc
E) Pac-Man World 2 w/Pac-Man Vs.
F) The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker w/Ocarina of Time & Master Quest - Wal-Mart Exclusive
G) Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike w/Bonus Disc - Target Exclusive - need to confirm

Missing any? Please add. Thanks!

* special thanks to io, DocRamon, usickenme, Dr Mario Kart, Michael Bolton, epobirs, and jclast.

15) Pac-Man World 2 w/Pac-Man Vs.
16) Ribbit King (extras disc - haven't checked it out yet)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Rogue Squadron bonus disc?
Wasnt the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest collection 2 discs?[/QUOTE]

the zelda games were on the same disc and the rogue squadron bonus disc came in a separate case...i think

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']the zelda games were on the same disc and the rogue squadron bonus disc came in a separate case...i think[/QUOTE]
Correct on both counts.

actually, target had a bundle that included both the rogue squadron game and the bonus disc in the same case... it wasn't marked on the case itself, just with a small sticker on the outer wrapping.

and there's a walmart bundle that included wind waker and master quest in the same case as 2 separate discs, and even split the cover art up into 2 sections, one for each game like the metroid prime w/ bonus disc cover art.

here's some other 2 disc games that i can think of...
tiger woods 2004
tiger woods 2005
medal of honor: rising sun
goldeneye: rogue agent

There should be an asterisk or some marker on 2-disc games that are actually contained on one disc with bous stuff on the second. My interest is in which and how many games were simply too big to fit on one disc. Somepeople like to think the GameCube suffers from the lesser disc capacity but I believe that isn't near the top of publishers lists of complaints. It adds a little cost for games using a lot of FMV but the cost of a second disc is minor compared to other issues constraining third party support.

How about Metroid Prime that came bundled with the Metroid Gamecube. It had a bonus disc for Metroid Echoes, so technically it is a GCN game with 2-discs.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']
5) Enter the Matrix
8) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus
11) Freaky Flyers
16) Ribbit King
17) Tiger Woods 2004
18) Tiger Woods 2005
19) Medal of Honor: Rising Sun[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? I don't own any of these games for the GCN, but it just seems odd to me that these games are 2 disk. Like, 2 disk in the classic sense of the word? Where you get half way through the game and need to switch disks? Or are these all like, bonus DVD of upcoming games or something.

My Pokemon Colosseum has a bonus disc with special gift of Jirachi inside. I guess some people had this seperately, but the one I have is in the box.

Edit: Some of them are bonuses, but like Metal Gear Twin Snakes, thats one where you have to switch the discs to keep playing.

[quote name='Arakias']My Pokemon Colosseum has a bonus disc with special gift of Jirachi inside. I guess some people had this seperately, but the one I have is in the box.

Edit: Some of them are bonuses, but like Metal Gear Twin Snakes, thats one where you have to switch the discs to keep playing.[/QUOTE]

Is your pokemon the Player's Choice version? Maybe it's something new.

Nope, its non-PC, on the back it says "Not for Resale" (but it has a barcode too) - I had got it from a friend, (who may end up wanting it back when he comes back from Iraq/Kuwait) so I'm not quite sure where it came from.

[quote name='evilmax17']Wow, really? I don't own any of these games for the GCN, but it just seems odd to me that these games are 2 disk. Like, 2 disk in the classic sense of the word? Where you get half way through the game and need to switch disks? Or are these all like, bonus DVD of upcoming games or something.[/QUOTE]
Freaky Flyers has a lot of FMVs and EtM has movie cut scenes.

[quote name='evilmax17']Wow, really? I don't own any of these games for the GCN, but it just seems odd to me that these games are 2 disk. Like, 2 disk in the classic sense of the word? Where you get half way through the game and need to switch disks? Or are these all like, bonus DVD of upcoming games or something.[/QUOTE]

Well, Ribbit King is just a bonus disc ("extras" actually) - I was looking at the PS2 version at Fry's and even IT has 2 discs (or so it says on the box). This is a fun game to play with my 5 year-old but we haven't checked out the "extras" disc yet, though I'm curious as to what it could possibly contain.

I'm actually going to go to best Buy and get the PS2 version for $5 using the $5 discount coupon (stupid me, I just returned one there a few days ago). Why, you ask? I bought Shadow Hearts Covenant used at Gamerush and it came in a Blockbuster case with one disc just stacked on top of the other. I want the Ribbit King PS2 case to put both discs in. Then I'll trade in the Ribbit King discs to GR and get $6.50 credit (with the bonus). I had returned the Ribbit King I picked up earlier because it wasn't worth the trouble for the $1 profit (after tax). It only trades for $1.50 without the $5 bonus, so I better get it done this weekend!

Confirmed GoldenEye: Rogue Agent to be a 2 disc game. The multiplayer portion is on Disc 2. Much like MoH: Rising Sun.

btw, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is not in progressive scan.

Enter the Matrix probably falls into this category because it uses lots of FMV and you can play through story mode as 2 characters, which means many piddly cutscenes are replicated (a Niobe version, and a Ghost version).

The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age is also a 2 disc game. Both discs are game content. It's almost assuredly because of all the FMV (there are over 100 if I recall correctly).

[quote name='Mospeada_21']G) Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike w/Bonus Disc - Target Exclusive - need to confirm
[/QUOTE]

Well it kinda is 2 disc, but that bonus was just the entire bonus disc (case and all) wrapped together with actual game. So it kinda is, but kinda isn't.

i've never seen them package the 2 cases together like you're saying... the one i saw was the regular game and the bonus disc in a 2-disc case (i'm assuming) and a small round sticker on the front wrapper that said "BONUS DISC INSIDE including the orignal arcade game" (or something along those lines)

Thanks to whoever created this list, it gives us some info when we buy the games used. Now excuse me while I go take back MOH:RS to EB for only giving me 1 disc with it(I knew that second holder wasn't there for nothing).

[quote name='supermariomelee']Thanks to whoever created this list, it gives us some info when we buy the games used. Now excuse me while I go take back MOH:RS to EB for only giving me 1 disc with it(I knew that second holder wasn't there for nothing).[/QUOTE]

no prob. can't take all the credit for it though, many contributed.
just thought it would be helpful. the topic comes up occasionally.

btw, most 2-disc games are labeled. the MOH:RS should have disc 1 and disc 2 screened onto it.

I've played through MOH: RS and I still can't figure out why the hell they needed 2 discs for that game.

Odd as it turns out I actually have quite a few of those games, over half of which I haven't even opened...

bread's done
Back