2 for $30 (GH, PH, PC) sale starts 3/31 at EBgames.com

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='zak88fl']Is that new or preowned games?[/quote]
New.

[quote name='evilmax17']Best Buy has a similar thing going on right now, limitted to PS2.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat7700050001&type=category&cmp=[/quote]

Yeah, but think about those $2 that you save on tax from EB![/quote]
not to mention the 30$ you dont give bestbuy, and the help youll give cheapy for buying through the links! ^^

[quote name='CheapyD']

Yeah, but think about those $2 that you save on tax from EB![/quote]

Can someone tell me why they charge tax on orders from Pennsylvania? I thought the rule of thumb about internet sales tax was that they only charged you if they had a B&M presence in your state. Yet EB only charges tax for PA and I think Kentucky.

Maybe EBGames.com is considered different than B&M stores so that's why they only charge from PA/KY since that's where they ship from, could be the same name but could just be recognized as different companies even though they're the same thing

[quote name='CheapyD']Its PA and NV.
Yes, the have offices in PA and NV, thats why tax is charged.[/quote]

EB is headquartered in PA, I think. I do know their first shop was in the King of Prussia mall - and it was a kiosk, not a real store. FYI! :p

Jeremy

I was in King of Prussia mall last weekend when I went to Philly Classic Gaming convention, now they have 3 stores in that mall is that really neccessary? Like one is right across the floor from the other haha

If it's every PC title this is great... cause the Toys R Us deal was too limited for me, seeing as the only game I didn't was pikimin. I've been looking to pick up pikimin, monkey ball, tony hawk 4 and LOTR: TTT for a while now, so this might be the deal that finally pushes me to do it.

Good heads up on the deal.

As for the PC list, in REALITY there's a lot of PC titles (yes, even with the official yellow stripe and all!) but most sales such as these only take into account the Nintendo ones.. if even all of them.

I.E. Even Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 I've seen PC but not in the sale... Not to mention RE and recently RE 0 has been officially made PC. Then there's tons of others I can't even remember, but most of them aren't even listed on the Nintendo site. Obviously, Rogue Squadron II is PC, but is Godzilla Destroy All Monsters? Not sure.

The only thing I can tell from the previous deal link in the original post is that you could buy the games for different systems and the deal was still valid.

elprincipe wrote:

"Also think about how you'll actually recieve the items and not have your order canceled!"

LOL! That is so true, dang Best Buy bastards have cancelled too many of my online orders and crushed my hopes of getting cheap games from them, and they also wasted my time with me passing on some deals thinking that "Hey I'm already getting that game for 9.99". Bastards.

[quote name='ksuwild25']evilmax17 wrote:

"Also think about how you'll actually recieve the items and not have your order canceled!"

LOL! That is so true, dang Best Buy bastards have cancelled too many of my online orders and crushed my hopes of getting cheap games from them, and they also wasted my time with me passing on some deals thinking that "Hey I'm already getting that game for 9.99". Bastards.[/quote]

Well, sometimes there's some gems, like the $9.99 Megaman & Bass deal.

I agree with you King that people that get their hands on these 9.99 deals are getting great deals and I'm sorry for sounding so harsh, cuz I guess Best Buy didn't have to do any of those deals. I did get my hands on P.N.03 for 9.99 instore, which is the best deal I've seen for that game. But after what they did to CheapyD is just extremely uncalled for and stupid, and how they handle these 9.99 online deals is kind of chaotic since people were ordering a whole bunch of copies of the same game plus there's other reasons.

Hmm, not too helpful for PH/GH games, since that's the price you'll get them at best buy after the GGC trick :p Nice deal if it includes $30 PC games though, otherwise not too helpful for the smart gamer who use the GGC

[quote name='jrutz'][quote name='CheapyD']Its PA and NV.
Yes, the have offices in PA and NV, thats why tax is charged.[/quote]

EB is headquartered in PA, I think. I do know their first shop was in the King of Prussia mall - and it was a kiosk, not a real store. FYI! :p

Jeremy[/quote]

Not only that, but when they first opened for business they specialized in selling calculators. This was back in the day when a 4-function dealie cost as much as a high-end TI graphing calculator does today.

What I hate about buying these PC games online, is that I won't know if they have that horrible, horrible yellow stripe across the front of the games. Yuck.

2for30 coupon is now active

These were the llinks to the previous sale:
PS2
Xbox

The Gamecube link doesnt work anymore.
I'll guess we will have to wait until tomorrow for the full story.

I think that because the GCN has two different PC price points, they may not be running it....or at least holding off until they set their systems just right (to only accept the $20 titles). Anyhow, I definitely would want 2 $30 PC GCN games for $30.

The selection games is so poor on that I couldn't find 2 games between all 3 systems that I wanted. As much as I hate BB, I think Ill use their 2 for 30 deal on PS2 games instead. Even with the tax, it is still a better deal.

bread's done
Back