2 Free Live Arcade games with any new Xbox 360

CombatFrog

CAGiversary!
Ready to get your free Xbox LIVE Arcade games? Just follow these simple steps:
  1. Buy any new Xbox 360 system and sign up for an Xbox LIVE account.
  2. Have your console serial code and promotion code ready. Don’t remember your promotion code – you can use XBX0808.
  3. Fill out the registration form here. Make sure you sign in with the same Windows Live ID you used for your Xbox LIVE account.
That’s it. If you qualify, you’ll receive an email with the tokens for your Free Xbox LIVE Arcade games by January 30, 2008.
Click here for Terms & Conditions.

Source: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/wheretobuy/?WT.svl=nav

I do not have a 360 yet, so I'm not sure if this will work on an older 360/Live account. This is a console wide event, all you need is your 360's serial # and a promo code (they give you one "XBX0808".

The free games are Frogger and Robotron 2084.

Not much but hey, it's free.

They had one of these that ended on sept 30th, and many people never got their codes (including me).

Well I did this one since I didn't qualify for the last one, I'll look forward to trying to trade the codes for other things.

Thanks, just registered!

[quote name='bajingo']how do you trade these codes? ive wanted to before, but what can you trade online for a $5 game?[/quote]

You trade them for other game codes or MS points or ask for a few bucks via paypal for the code.

For their last promotion, I registered, even though I bought my system before the valid dates. I was sent my codes. Games were Joust and Robotron

Why couldn't I have gotten Frogger and Robotron instead of fucking Joust and Robotron? Joust plays like a damned clumsy Balloon Fight. :(

I did it last time and got Joust and Robotron, which they'd already given me as an "oops, we screwed up, here's a couple cheap games to distract you" tactic.

Yeah last time I registered, bought my 360 within the right time, followed all the instructions, and never got anything. Such BS.

I did this last time, even though I had previously registered my console, and did get the coupon codes for those 2 games(Robotron and Joust). I just got a new 360 thanks to my original dying(Gamestop warranty exchange), so I registered this one as well. Too bad I already had Robotron though.

When my 360 crapped out, I called Microsoft to get my coffin to send it back gave them my serial number [as it was a different from the last time I sent it in], and recieved an email with codes to get Joust and Robotron 2084.

...Unfortunately, I tried [repeatedly] using the codes, and niether worked. I sent my 360 in, and I'll try the codes again, otherwise, I'm calling Microsoft to complain.

This again...
Why don't they just bundle the codes in the box.:roll:

But thanks OP.

EDIT: Oh yeah, they might lose some sales from people who might buy the games without knowing they can get them free.#-o

I signed up again, even though neither of my codes worked last time. I was just on the phone with them today and they disconnected me, after being on hold for 20 minutes. I can't deal with their customer "service" any more. :argue:

I got the codes emailed to me last time on a hotmail account I rarely use. Didn't think about checking it till I saw the thread. The fourth of last month the codes were sent. Both games are awful though so your not missing much.

ugh Joust blows..

anyways i got that crappy game and robotron last time. my brother recently bought a new 360 so i'll pass on this info to him, thx OP

Can't get codes to work. I have tried numerous times. Joust and Robotron are codes that were emailed to me.

Cross your fingers and hope the codes work. A shitload of people got dead Robotron codes last time. Mine was dead and the shitheel I e-mailed told me I was screwed and that they don't give out new codes because they can't verify if you're lying or not...even if you've got a carbon copy of the e-mail delivering the code.

Hmm, my 360 RRoD'd the day I got the codes from the last 2 free deal. I should be getting a replacement soon, so I probably will get a new serial. That works out I guess :)

I already got Frogger, 2x Joust, 3x Robotron from previous offers like this and bundled with XBL Gold... I'll do it again and give away the codes to friends I guess.

I got my codes via email last month too. They both worked (Joust/Robotron), but I wish they would have included something different. How many times have these games been made available over the years on countless systems?Why don't they just give us newer games (even just one 800 point game) instead.

I just recently rebought a 360 (first RoD), and purposely created a new XBL account under a new profile just in case this offer came around.
Even though I have it on the Midway Treasures disc, Robotron is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'm happy to have it for free on 360.
I've got Frogger as well (thanks to the Xbox spinner controller), so I'll be looking to trade that code for Joust (or another XBL game) if anyone's interested. Apparently the codes should arrive before Jan 30,'08.

[quote name='yukine']Joust is rad, it's you guys that blow. :lol:

I signed up, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Finally a fellow Joust fan!

[quote name='Zmonkay']Finally a fellow Joust fan![/QUOTE]

Yeah, Joust is great. Don't understand all the bad mouthing. Although I play it with the DOA arcade stick, which makes it a lot easier.

bread's done
Back