2 Free Tacos @ Jack in the Box Feb 24th

Okay, what DOESN'T Jack in the Box have? We don't have them in Florida, but I often see the commercial on national cable (bastards teasing people not in CA).

[quote name='VioletArrows']Okay, what DOESN'T Jack in the Box have? We don't have them in Florida, but I often see the commercial on national cable (bastards teasing people not in CA).[/quote]
They mostly have burgers and chicken sandwiches. They have a few salads, breakfast stuff, and two types of taco: monster or regular. They're a selection for a burger place, but if you want mexican food, then nobody will outright go to Jack for tacos.

I've been eating the tacos lately, but I won't use this mostly cause I'm too lazy to go up and order from a person (I use the touch screen ordering systems that fast food has been switching to lately). Good deal though, I'll wait for the free sirloin burger or jumbo jack.

I so miss Jack in the Crack. They left Chicago in the 80's. But whenever I go to Texas or CA, I have to stop by one for old time's sake. But I never knew them to sell tacos. Any better than Taco Hell?

[quote name='hostyl1']I so miss Jack in the Crack. They left Chicago in the 80's. But whenever I go to Texas or CA, I have to stop by one for old time's sake. But I never knew them to sell tacos. Any better than Taco Hell?[/quote]
Well...the taco meat is kinda like a pasty-like substance. And you have two choices of tacos, and the difference is one is slightly bigger. So yeah, Taco Bell is better than Jack's.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Okay, what DOESN'T Jack in the Box have? We don't have them in Florida, but I often see the commercial on national cable (bastards teasing people not in CA).[/quote]

Same here, I'm in PA and I've never seen a Jack in the Box, yet see their ads on TV. Then again, same for 7-11 and Sonic. Oh, and oddly enough... the Golden Corrals here all closed down before this revamp and new commercials. GC sucks tho, as I had a cousin who worked there, who would hook me up with her employee discount of like 75% off.

[quote name='pyoobez']Same here, I'm in PA and I've never seen a Jack in the Box, yet see their ads on TV. Then again, same for 7-11 and Sonic. Oh, and oddly enough... the Golden Corrals here all closed down before this revamp and new commercials. GC sucks tho, as I had a cousin who worked there, who would hook me up with her employee discount of like 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Your not missing anything with sonic. Last year i took a road trip to eastern WA and tried sonic and thought their food was MEH and their drinks are basically food colored high fructose corn syrup. Go with dicks up here. no question.

[quote name='DarkZion']Well...the taco meat is kinda like a pasty-like substance. And you have two choices of tacos, and the difference is one is slightly bigger. So yeah, Taco Bell is better than Jack's.[/QUOTE]

Ya but the monster taco up here is 1.10, and the two smaller tacos are 99 cents for the same amount of weight in food. Gee I wonder which is more cheapass friendly?

Dude, you're crazy. Sonic is awesome. Their tater tots with cheese and chili are one of the world's perfect foods. Plus they give you breath mints with every meal, so they're considerate too.

I don't get where Jack in the Box is located. We have a ton of them here in St. Louis, but once you get out into central MO they just don't exist--I don't know about KC. And then about two years ago almost every Wendy's in St. Louis closed up shop. And then Carl's, Jr on the west coast = Hardee's in the midwest = Roy Rogers on the east coast, or at least it used to. Fast food joints have some strange strategies.

I remember when I was out in Texas seeing Burger King selling Taco's as well. I loved Jack's Taco's, good stuff although Taco Bell is still better.

[quote name='namtrahj']Dude, you're crazy. Sonic is awesome. Their tater tots with cheese and chili are one of the world's perfect foods. Plus they give you breath mints with every meal, so they're considerate too.

I don't get where Jack in the Box is located. We have a ton of them here in St. Louis, but once you get out into central MO they just don't exist--I don't know about KC. And then about two years ago almost every Wendy's in St. Louis closed up shop. And then Carl's, Jr on the west coast = Hardee's in the midwest = Roy Rogers on the east coast, or at least it used to. Fast food joints have some strange strategies.[/quote]

Sonic's tots are awesome, though chili cheese has never my thing.

Dude, I haven't seen a Roy Rogers in at least 10 years. I thought they were all gone and replaced by Hardee's.

[quote name='DarkZion']Well...the taco meat is kinda like a pasty-like substance. And you have two choices of tacos, and the difference is one is slightly bigger. So yeah, Taco Bell is better than Jack's.[/QUOTE]
You're on crack. Taco Bell is nasty. My suggestion: if you want good Mexican food, stay away from fast food! Jack's tacos are good though. It's not like they're trying to be a Mexican food place. It's just a single novelty item they have a tasty way of preparing.

[quote name='namtrahj']Dude, you're crazy. Sonic is awesome. Their tater tots with cheese and chili are one of the world's perfect foods. Plus they give you breath mints with every meal, so they're considerate too.

I don't get where Jack in the Box is located. We have a ton of them here in St. Louis, but once you get out into central MO they just don't exist--I don't know about KC. And then about two years ago almost every Wendy's in St. Louis closed up shop. And then Carl's, Jr on the west coast = Hardee's in the midwest = Roy Rogers on the east coast, or at least it used to. Fast food joints have some strange strategies.[/QUOTE]
Sonic was awesome when they had their Frito Chili Pie and a few other items they got rid of...

And people who have JitB in their area should be thankful. It was my favorite fast food growing up. Can't beat a Sourdough Jack and their thick shakes with fat straws. Every time I go to Vegas, I have to stop there just once. It's sooo good.

The reason for the Carl's/Hardee's thing is Hardee's was going under in the late 90's. So Carl's swooped in and bought them out. Instead of rebranding a familiar name with an unknown, they just slapped the happy star logo on the Hardee's signs. Last time I went to Hardee's though, they had changed the names of the burgers to Carl's names, but they sure didn't change the food supplier. It didn't taste at all like Carl's. Hopefully that has changed. That was back in 2000/2001, afterall.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Sonic's tots are awesome, though chili cheese has never my thing.

Dude, I haven't seen a Roy Rogers in at least 10 years. I thought they were all gone and replaced by Hardee's.[/quote]

Yeah, my dad's told me about Roy Rogers and I've heard old timers refer to Hardee's by that name, but all I've ever seen/had around were Hardee's. Sadly, all the Hardee's near where I live have closed up. Closest is 35 miles. Oh, and apparently there's apparently only one left in Harrisburg and there used to be at least four. I used to joke to my friend they were gonna build walls around those stores and make a castle/private city called Hardeesburg.

EDIT: Looks like Roy Rogers IS still around.

http://www.royrogersrestaurants.com/

Well, they're advertising restaurants from 2007. Probably different owners.

I'm not old. :p

Wikipedia (I KNOW.) says there's 50 left as of last October. Where... I don't know. Hardee's is actually down the street, though I haven't eaten there in years so I have no idea what's there except for mediocre fried chicken and those scary-ass giant burgers.

As for tacos, I have to make them myself. Authentic Mexican restaurants try to kill me with cilantro (I HATE CILANTRO.), and fast food usually turns my insides out.

I can attest that Roy Rogers is still around. There is one about 10 min from my house (coincidentally in the same strip mall as my main flipping BBV). I never knew the connection w/ Hardee's though. I've only been to that RR once in the 5-6 years I've lived here in VA. The food was nothing memorable, unlike Hardee's where even though the food was mediocre at best, at least you got mass quantities (a plus when your a porr struggling college student).

@moriphiend: I dont think anyone seriously considers any of the fast food chains as "authentic", though this one place I remember from Chicago, Pepe's, was close. Pretty much all of the other places are 'Americanized' or "Mexican Inspired".

@violetarrows: Wow, I dont think I've ever met a person that vehemently against cilantro. I think it's one of the world's greatest herbs (after "herb" of course :))

[quote name='MorPhiend']You're on crack. Taco Bell is nasty. My suggestion: if you want good Mexican food, stay away from fast food! Jack's tacos are good though. It's not like they're trying to be a Mexican food place. It's just a single novelty item they have a tasty way of preparing.[/quote]
Well I was just comparing Jack's tacos to Taco Bell. Naturally, since I live in So. Cal, we have dozens of mexican restaurants. So yeah, I know where to go if I want good fast food.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']star ocean and tacooooos[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, so true. My Gamestop is getting this on the 24th. It's located right next to a Jack in the crack.

As far as I know, Roy Rogers is a seperate entity from Hardees. There has been one for 20 years in my town back home in Jersey and is still standing today. Every time I'm back home I've gotta get some Roys. Great burgers, roast beef and fried chicken. Before it was a Roy Rogers the building used to be a "Burger Chef". Does anyone recall them? I was a wee lad when they left my town. I'm assuming they went bust. Roy Rogers was also the only fast food joint I knew of that had a smoking section up until a few years back when Jersey outlawed public smoking. Oh and on a side note about Jack In The Box, aside from tacos they also serve eggrolls, breakfast sandwiches, and rice bowls. They have their fists in everything.

I don't get where Jack in the Box is located. We have a ton of them here in St. Louis, but once you get out into central MO they just don't exist--I don't know about KC. And then about two years ago almost every Wendy's in St. Louis closed up shop. And then Carl's, Jr on the west coast = Hardee's in the midwest = Roy Rogers on the east coast, or at least it used to. Fast food joints have some strange strategies.[/quote]
No Jack in the Box here in KC that I know of. Only time I have ever seen them is in Oklahoma and Texas. Sonic is meh, their cheese tots are good though

bread's done
Back