2 new and cheap bundles at VGD w/FREE SHIPPING

defender

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
"Demon summon Bundle" $26.99

"Onimusha 2 Summoner 2 Bundle" $24.99

Use code om2dmc2fs at checkout to recieve free shipping via ground service (USA only).

All titles are NON-Greatest Hits covers.

Limited time offer for the free shipping and if you add other items to the order free shipping on the entire order.

[quote name='defender']hmm...I try to spread out the deals so maybe next week I will work on either Xbox or GameCube.[/quote]

Or a cube game and an xbox game bundle. Anyway, you the MAN!

yeah how about you guys start in this thread the bundles you would like to see..who knows...someone might just get their wish.

defender-is it possible to get rid of OOS games or have an option to show only in stock?
half the stuff i look at is OOS

[quote name='punqsux']defender-is it possible to get rid of OOS games or have an option to show only in stock?
half the stuff i look at is OOS[/quote]

I'm for this too. I love to sort by price, and all the cheap ones are OOS. Or atleast an option to hide OOS items.

sorry but I already adjusted the searches to show stuff thats oos...items will stay listed at the site as they do at just about every site (eb, gamestop, amazon)

how about asking for bundles with games I actually have in stock?

I am also working on about 3 more ps2 bundles..

[quote name='Masterkyo']Summoner 2 (PS2) $10 at CC :)[/quote]

its not listed at the site so thats a B&M only deal and that means YMMV

also I dont charge tax and this deal has free shipping so I do believe this is very comparable and its NOT ymmv

if you order...you get the games

[quote name='defender']sorry but I already adjusted the searches to show stuff thats oos...items will stay listed at the site as they do at just about every site (eb, gamestop, amazon)

I am also working on about 3 more ps2 bundles..[/quote]

eb dosent show oos items, one of the reasons they're my fav online retailer.

i dont even go to gamestop anymore because EVERY used game is oos on their site

also I dont charge tax and this deal has free shipping so I do believe this is very comparable and its NOT ymmv

You charge tax for me. I live in New York. Boo hoo. :(

How about a Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo/Cubivore Bundle for $50 shipped? Not gonna happen? How about just for me, then? :lol:

[quote name='metroidkiller9']i would like to say zelda oracle of seasons/ ages once again.[/quote]

I would 2nd this again, but there is only 1 seasons in stock and no ages at all. I know if you waited until July when I can buy something else, a Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike bundle for Dreamcast would kick ass.

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='metroidkiller9']i would like to say zelda oracle of seasons/ ages once again.[/quote]

I would 2nd this again, but there is only 1 seasons in stock and no ages at all. I know if you waited until July when I can buy something else, a Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike bundle for Dreamcast would kick ass.[/quote]

ah, i had not checked the stock of the zeldas in awhile. sorry. marvel vs capcom 2 and street fighter 3 are both sold out too though.

[quote name='metroidkiller9'][quote name='st0neface'][quote name='metroidkiller9']i would like to say zelda oracle of seasons/ ages once again.[/quote]

I would 2nd this again, but there is only 1 seasons in stock and no ages at all. I know if you waited until July when I can buy something else, a Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike bundle for Dreamcast would kick ass.[/quote]

ah, i had not checked the stock of the zeldas in awhile. sorry. marvel vs capcom 2 and street fighter 3 are both sold out too though.[/quote]

mmm hmmmmmmmmm :wink:

its easy to see sold out titles at the site so I am not sure why you guys keep posting sold out items...

guessed...check your PM

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='metroidkiller9'][quote name='st0neface'][quote name='metroidkiller9']i would like to say zelda oracle of seasons/ ages once again.[/quote]

ah, i had not checked the stock of the zeldas in awhile. sorry. marvel vs capcom 2 and street fighter 3 are both sold out too though.[/quote]

mmm hmmmmmmmmm :wink:[/quote]

Well I was saying in July in the hopes he may have some in by then. Wishful thinking, I know, but I really want both of those games.

[quote name='defender']its easy to see sold out titles at the site so I am not sure why you guys keep posting sold out items...

guessed...check your PM[/quote]

how do i search in stock only then? i havent been able to figure it out, sometimes i miss the obvious

Def I need

Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Colin McRae Rally 04

all xbox of course

any chance of a bundle? something like 2 for 25 + free shipping ?

you cant search by item quantity ....but the searches do show stock levels...

I said its easy to see sold out titles...I didnt say that they become invisible.

Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Unreal Championship, Unreal 2, something with them would be good 4 xbox,

what about basketball game bundles or sports in general......

anything xbox is good try to do 2 XBL games.....

Some xbox live bundles would be great if they were cheap. All three of the games dricachamp mentioned are $15 at BB right now.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='defender']sorry but I already adjusted the searches to show stuff thats oos...items will stay listed at the site as they do at just about every site (eb, gamestop, amazon)

I am also working on about 3 more ps2 bundles..[/quote]

eb dosent show oos items, one of the reasons they're my fav online retailer.

i dont even go to gamestop anymore because EVERY used game is oos on their site[/quote]

The reason that defender, and many other retailers, don't want to remove OOS items from their site is so that those items still show up under search engines. If someone looks up Power Stone 2 in Froogle or Pricegrabber, VGD would show it as available. But, then when you go to the site, it would be OOS. Their hope is that once they have gotten you to the site, you will buy something else. It's sort of like spamdexing. It also makes smaller sites look like they have more stock than they really do, hence making them look more reputable.

This is not a knock against defender. It is a common practice with many sites, and one I'm glad that EB does not participate in. They are my favorite VG site as well.

metal slug product page states
" This product will be in stock on Tuesday 25 May, 2004"

at times it can very helpful showing titles that are oos at the site...if I see that a certain page is hit often it lets me know that customers want that game and I shoul go out of my way to try to get more....also I have a product notification system so a customer can be notified if there is a change in inventory for an item. So there are very good reasons to display oos items.

for once I wont argue with fwacce- I wont deny that part of the reason is what he calls spamdexing but I just call it SEO (search engince optimizing)

Well, about this spamdexing. Although you might think it's working in your favor, you might also be losing business unecessarily.

If I do a search for a game that I want and find a site for it, only to go there and find out they don't have any, I don't stick around and continue shopping. I will usually hit the back button and never return. To me, it's like a b&m store advertising a game, only for me to get there and find out they never had any in stock - they were just hoping that I'd go in and shop. I'll leave and never go back. I feel like they've wasted my time and that always pisses me off.

My brother is the same way, as well as a few other people I know that do the same thing. So, you have to try to figure out if you are getting more customers than losing and if it's worth it.

[quote name='longislandlady']Well, about this spamdexing. Although you might think it's working in your favor, you might also be losing business unecessarily.

If I do a search for a game that I want and find a site for it, only to go there and find out they don't have any, I don't stick around and continue shopping. I will usually hit the back button and never return. To me, it's like a b&m store advertising a game, only for me to get there and find out they never had any in stock - they were just hoping that I'd go in and shop. I'll leave and never go back. I feel like they've wasted my time and that always pisses me off.

My brother is the same way, as well as a few other people I know that do the same thing. So, you have to try to figure out if you are getting more customers than losing and if it's worth it.[/quote]

thats what my point was, im not trying to tell u how to run your business, u can do that however you want, but personally id rather shop at a site where i know if i click a link i wont be taken to a OOS item page.

i dont search sites often, i browse

browsing on your site can be complicated because not only can i (maybe its possible but i havent found it) not see whats oos, i also cant sort by price.

also you have several games in almost every catagory that appear 2 or more times

while i understand your want to keep oos items on your site, i totally disagree with it. but again its your site.

would be be possible to add on the advance search page

Platform: PS2, Cube, Xbox...etc.
Show: all, in stock only, oos only
List by: Title, Publusher, Price
that way someone could get a list of every game u have in stock for whatever system they wanted, organized any way they wanted

this would make your site much easier to use.

well...maybe I can work on something in the advanced search feature to search in-stock only

and I do understand your point but you obviously keep focusing on the negatives...

just last week I got back in stock the Xbox Pelican Light Rifle...now when I added them back to in-stock many customers were automatically notified of this event and were able to quickly come and order it... this is an obvious benefit for customers. If the game was taken out of inventory this could not be possible.

I think its reasonable my system. I think its unreasonable to expect me to have every game I have listed at the site to be in-stock. It only take a click to see the item as sold out.

and there are multiple ways to search at my site...including by price...

here is a search sorted by price for ps2 games only from $1 to $20

http://www.videogamedeals.com/advan...84/inc_subcat/1/pfrom/1/pto/20/page/1/sort/3a

here is the advance search page
http://www.videogamedeals.com/advanced_search.php
if you leave the "description" field blank and choose the other parameters you will most likely get the results you want...I will see about adding a check box to search "in-stock" only

I do like the comments and normally they help the site so I thank you and sorry if I seem so defensive but its hard to please everyone

[quote name='defender']sorry if I seem so defensive [/quote]

oooh man, the pun-age!!

thanks for lissening to my feedback, thats actully pretty much my only problem with the site, keep the deals comming!

I am actually working on it now...you can go to the advanced search and see it but its not working yet

I really try to improve the site as much as I can...and if a possible customers says that they wont shop at my site for a reason ..well..I listen to that reason

Yeah, your site is kind of saddening.

I am a GC entusiast, and almost all of your games are sold out.

The more common stinkers, though, are a plenty.

Perhaps, you could put an active SOLD OUT banner below the item, to prevent us from putting it in our shopping carts.

When I left your site, I had 5 items in my cart.

Very yucky.

Some nice deals, if you had stock, though.

Thanks.

the only pages without SOLD OUT are the category pages...

if you use the search by price, search engine, or if you click a product you can see that its listed as sold out

btw-I just spent an hour making the advanced search option to display in stock items only
...you can easily just use that to search any category and display in stock items only

also...I am not sure why you dont see the SOLD OUT after you try to add the item to your cart...the bold red SOLD OUT text is usually a sure fire giveaway

also I am gonna work on getting the category display to remove the "buy it now" button if quantity is zero...I am sure there will be complaints still because customers seem to get upset over games they see but cant buy....honestly I cant prevent that without also hurting other functions of the site
I dont think its a big deal that you click an item and then see it as sold out...if you want to get upset about that and then leave the site...well...what can I do about that...you can only buy items i have and if your saying that you wont buy an item from me because I dont have it...well duh!

Well, for me, it's not that I won't buy the item that's sold out (yeah...duh), but I won't buy anything from there at all. Having a game I want come up in a search just to lure customers to your site will only make sure you don't get my business. But if it works for you, then that's great.

As for the OOS items when browsing, having them there never bothers me. It's when it seems like it's in stock, I go to add it to my cart and oops, it's not in stock after all. You have to see how that could get frustrating if done a few times. There are 3 places that I buy semi-often from: Gamestop.com, EBgames.com and GEexpress.com. I will do a search for PS2 or Gamecube and the list of games come up. OOS games are included as well, but you can't add them to your cart and it says it's out of stock. If I don't know what's in stock and what isn't, after several times of clicking on links only to have to hit the back button because it's not in stock, I'll get bored and inpatient and just try another site.

I think you have a great site and some great deals, but I've tried browsing and I gave up. I usually browse all games for a system at once to check what's available and what the prices are. It can be a long list. If I can't tell right then and there what's in stock, I won't bother.

I'm glad you are listening to suggestions and not getting upset. It's not meant to be insulting. It's just meant to be honest. Maybe I'm different and no one else will shop the way I do - but maybe not.

bread's done
Back