2 Player Couples Games **Read First**

Mrcapcom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Ok so I know there is alot of omg whats the best coop game etc but im tryin to make this thread aimed towards Couples weither they married or just gf/bf. I just wanted to see on a experience level of what ur signifigant other likes to play on the xbox 360. If its XBLA just put that down and if its not just say retail. Hopefully my post won't get annexed.

Anywho here I go:

Personally me and my wife liked these games together so far:

XBLA Bomberman Live!
Retail Viva Pinata
Retail Guitar Hero 2/3

Thats about it so far im looking through the live list now see what else I can buy and test it out.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Ok so I know there is alot of omg whats the best coop game etc but im tryin to make this thread aimed towards Couples weither they married or just gf/bf. I just wanted to see on a experience level of what ur signifigant other likes to play on the xbox 360. If its XBLA just put that down and if its not just say retail. Hopefully my post won't get annexed.

Anywho here I go:

XBLA Bomberman Live!
Retail Viva Pinata

Thats about it so far im looking through the live list now see what else I can buy and test it out.[/QUOTE]

My wife loved Halo 3's Rocket Race and LEGO Star Wars 2.

My GF and I play
Halo 3 (this is her fav, didnt really like it but I made her play and now she plays more than me)
Army of Two
Mario Kart
Warioware (she has to be stoned to play that)
Katamari Damacy
UNO - XBLA
Assault Heroes - XBLA
Orange Box (Portal) we trade off on levels
Guitar Hero
Mario Galaxy

I found that girls are generally timid about games and just ont wanna look silly, NEVER SAY THEY ARE BAD AT GAMES, if ya do this totally messes it all up lol. They want confidence in themselves and they want support of their significant other. Oh and dont talk to them like they are children handling a chainsaw. Thats my 2 cents on the thread OP. :)

Yea i edited the OP and added guitar hero i forgot she plays that with me too. Lego star wars she kept killing me lol
And I'm still thinking she wont' touch halo with a 10 foot pole altho I kinda see her getting interested sometimes.
Couldnt get her to play MUA

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Yea i edited the OP and added guitar hero i forgot she plays that with me too. Lego star wars she kept killing me lol
And I'm still thinking she wont' touch halo with a 10 foot pole altho I kinda see her getting interested sometimes.
Couldnt get her to play MUA[/QUOTE]

yea i cant get the GF really interested in MUA either so ur not alone, with Halo did ya play single player or online?

[quote name='looploop']no mention of Rock Band yet?[/quote]
U know I have yet to get that I think i might make off just getting the mic for her and I have to gh2 explorer guitars if a third wants to join

You could totally fist pump with your wife/gf/homocidal life partner in Army of Two. That's fucking teamwork.

Anything co-op and non-competitive generally works, really, depending on their taste :)

[quote name='Mrcapcom']U know I have yet to get that I think i might make off just getting the mic for her and I have to gh2 explorer guitars if a third wants to join[/QUOTE]
You want the drums. I'm not suggesting it, I'm kindly letting you know that you want the drums. Its true.

Can't really suggest anything. If its not RB or GH, my lady friends want to play Wii.

my gf really like Koei hack-and-slash games and i really like them too...as in i own 32 games and multiple versions (JPN, US) of the same game too.

so any of those games are fun to play IF you can like the series and/or gameplay. try Dynasty Warriors 6, Samurai Warriors 2 or Warriors Orochi to start...but stop if you really can't get into it.

she really likes Halo 3, Rock Band and Marvel Ultimate Alliance too. so if we're not playin a Koei game, it's one of those w/ other friends. she's not too fond of playin multiplayer w/ ppl she doesn't know.

N+ She says it reminds her of a Commodore 64 game.

Carcassonne is one of our favorites. It may take a few rounds for her to get it, but it's non-threatening and doesn't have time limits for turns, like Worms which she hates.

TMNT and Streets of Rage are good old timey fun.

Viva Pinata isn't really a co-op game, even in Family Mode, unless you count planning a garden together, but then any game could be considered co-op in that sense.

Fuzion Frenzy 2 and Viva Pinata Party Animals are good. Nothing like random mini-games to get everyone involved.

Guitar Hero 2 and Rock Band. GH3, not so much thanks to the insane difficulty curve.

Beautiful Katamari co-op makes for great couples therapy for communication issues. I'm surprised they didn't put the on-screen controllers from the Japanese co-op Katamaris this time around.

And because it came out today, Ikaruga. "We'll make it through the first stage sooner or later, baby."

Anything that involves time pressure or camera control in 3D space doesn't go over so well, but other than that, she holds her own.

The only two games I've ever gotten my wife to play for any amount of time with me are Guitar Hero II and Assault Heroes. We've only played AH two or three times, but she reaaaaaalllly got into GHII.

Actually, she tried playing Halo 2 with me back in the day, but she ended up walking into the wall with the gun pointing straight up 90% of the time.

Rock Band, PacMan CE, and Wii Sports are all that my girlfriend seems to like. Everything else "doesn't make sense".

I refuse to play co-op Katamari with my wife because it never ends well. Trading off the controller works well because you never can tell what you're actually rolling up when you are the one playing.

Viva Pinata is a good trading off game in the beginning when a lot is happening, but when the game slows down to the end it isn't as much fun to be the one watching.

A common theme to a lot of the suggested games (and games my wife also likes), is that they are button mashers. There are different themes to the button mashers and different difficulty levels. Some button mashers attempt to add strategy elements to them. Even if a game is 90% button mashing and 10% strategy, it ceases to be a true button masher and for most non-hardcore gamers there is little difference between a game that is 10% strategy and a game that is 100% strategy. The most glowing example I can give of this is Dynasty Warriors 6, which might as well be Carcasonne or Civilization. Same goes for MUA that if you try and manage any of the RPG elements in the game, it might as well be an RPG.

That said, Spiderman Friend or Foe is an easy comic-themed button masher that my wife enjoyed. She also liked MUA, but I handled all of the stats and items so that it also was simply an easy button masher with a comic-theme.

Note that I think the reason for the preferences fall more into the gamer/non-gamer differences than the male/female differences. I don't think there is much difference between trying to get your wife to play a game versus trying to get your mom or dad to play. The only difference is that you'll try harder and have more incentive to get it to work with the wife, whereas with your parents you'd just give up at the slightest bit of frustration.

my girlfriend likes to play bomberman live and puzzel fighter. She will be hooked on scene it LCA as soon as I buy it. Oh yea she likes to play the rock band drums, err I mean destroy them.:D

My GF and I have played co-op throuh all 3 halos.
We played co-op Brute Force (actually, a lot of fun)
Co-op Time Splitters and Time Splitters 2 Future Perfect (both fun)
Baldurs Gate (several different ones)

And Lastly...she routinely kicks my butt at Xbox Live 3D Ultra Mini Golf.

My daughter (11 yo) and I play Halo 3 multiplayer social.
Guitar Hero 2 and GH3, and we briefly had Rock Band, so
we played that together.

I play Carcasonne with my fiancee, but she gets really pissed when I steal her cities. So generally, we don't steal each other's stuff.

I just started playing Carcossonne with my wife. She not into video games, but she does enjoy Rock Band from time to time.

My wife and I play..

Scene It: Lights Camera Action
Super Puzzle Figher II: Turbo (XBLA)
Bomberman Live (XBLA)
Tetris Splash (XBLA)

I know its on PS2, but one of the games me and my wife enjoy to play together is a little obscure game called Cookie and Cream. You HAVE to work together for you to both advance....and its cute too :)

hanks for remidning me of beautiful katamari, i had meant to buy it at release but forgot. ordered it last night. we had a lot of fun playing the demo along with my 6yo son.

Scene It LCA and Viva Pinata Party Animals.

Also she always asks for me to play Mass Effect so she can watch.

XBX live, my GF wants me to get Frogger. She plays that on her cell phone like crazy, and hates herself for playing it.
Overall her favorite games to compete on is the Donkey Kong Country series. We were playing the 1st one a few years ago together and I beat a level she couldn't. She ended up skipping class for two days playing non stop until she could beat that level consistently. She was so obsessive about, it was crazy.

my wife has enjoyed Bomberman LIVE!, and in the past we've also raced in PGR2 & 3. We've beaten Assault heroes as well. I'm just glad she can sit down and play when I want her to. Trying to get her to sing on Rockband is another story though; she's adamant about knowing the songs/lyrics before attempting to sing. I just keep telling her that's nonsense cuz I don't even know most of those songs.

my wife loves to play with me so far she has played

marvel ultimate alliance
halo 3
gears of war (she loved this and is hyped for gow2)
viva pinata (2 player isnt really that great though)
Dead or alive 4
uno
mario party
smash brothers
resistance fall of man
smackdown (any of them)

still trying to get her into more games but these are pretty fun with both of us playing

[quote name='wesdw369']my wife loves to play with me so far she has played

marvel ultimate alliance
halo 3
gears of war (she loved this and is hyped for gow2)
viva pinata (2 player isnt really that great though)
Dead or alive 4
uno
mario party
smash brothers
resistance fall of man
smackdown (any of them)

still trying to get her into more games but these are pretty fun with both of us playing[/quote]

wow your wife and my girlfriend should hangout. ha

[quote name='jousley']I know its on PS2, but one of the games me and my wife enjoy to play together is a little obscure game called Cookie and Cream. You HAVE to work together for you to both advance....and its cute too :)[/QUOTE]
Well, if we're including PS2 as well, then Cookie and Cream is a must play. It's a simple puzzle-platformer, but it's a true co-op game in the sense that you have to work together to make it through.

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil is another great co-op game to play the support role. It's a 2.5D platformer where the first player plays the main character Klonoa, and the second player plays Popka, which only really serves as a boost for when they miss a jump or can't make one, but you'll score major points for saving her ass over and over again.

Wakeboarding Unleashed has a co-op mode where one person drives the boat and the other person rides on the wakeboard. Lots of fun, but it can be frustrating if the driver can't drive the course well.

The Timesplitters games and Half-Life have co-op too, but she's not much into FPS games.

I made my significant other a die-hard Halo fan two years ago. We havn't played Halo 3 yet because we have been in Europe since the beginning of September, but she is excited to hop in on some co-op and custom Xbox Live games with our friends from college when we get back in a week.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Ok so I know there is alot of omg whats the best coop game etc but im tryin to make this thread aimed towards Couples weither they married or just gf/bf. I just wanted to see on a experience level of what ur signifigant other likes to play on the xbox 360. If its XBLA just put that down and if its not just say retail. Hopefully my post won't get annexed.

Anywho here I go:

XBLA Bomberman Live!
Retail Viva Pinata
Retail Guitar Hero 2/3

Thats about it so far im looking through the live list now see what else I can buy and test it out.[/QUOTE]

I approve of this thread. I made a similar one about co-op a while back but for some odd reason it got merged into a thread about 4-player games from 2007. #-o

I'm still fairly new to the 360 so I don't have a massive collection of co-op games yet, but the ones me and my warrior princess have enjoyed most have been Gears of War and Army of Two. At first it can be difficult to get someone to play such a "hardcore" game, but cover shooters slow down the pace and allow folks that aren't huge shooter fans to get their bearings without getting shot to hell. We eventually beat Gears of War on insane mode. :cool:

I would like to try some of the co-op FPS games such as Rainbow Six Vegas and Halo 3 but my battle buddy has issues with FPS games and motion sickness which is why we prefer third person shooters. One of the main problems with FPSs is the "head bobbing" that is found in a lot of them. Which co-op FPSs on the 360 have head bobbing and if so, can it be disabled?

What's the 2-player component in Viva Pinata? Is it just a small part of the game? I'm also curious about the co-op in Beautiful Katamari. I tend to stay away from games that have co-op features but limit them to a small subset of levels instead of the entire game.

[quote name='NTolerance']What's the 2-player component in Viva Pinata? Is it just a small part of the game? I'm also curious about the co-op in Beautiful Katamari. I tend to stay away from games that have co-op features but limit them to a small subset of levels instead of the entire game.[/QUOTE]
The 2-player mode of Viva Pinata is the main game, only both of you share control of the cursor.

The co-op mode in Katamari has both players controlling the same katamari, with player 1 controlling the left stick and player 2 controlling the right stick. There are only 3 co-op stages to play.

I found out that Simpsons The Movie game is 2 players I havent tried it yet me and wifey just been swapin the controller back and forth. Welcome to 360 land Ntolerance Ill add u to my friends list ^_^

bread's done
Back