$20 and under bargin bin games at Wal-Mart in a cube shaped display.

eldergamer

CAGiversary!
When me and the 2 year old went to Wal-Mart (or as my midwest relatives call it Wally-Mart) for diapers and various sundries there was a giant cardboard cube display filled with $20 and under video games. One side for PS2, one side for Wii , one side for DS and one side for XBox.

Unfortunately even though the sign stated $20 and under the only thing there that really was under $19.96 was copies of Madden 08 for the PS2 for $10. Pretty much all the other games; Wii shovelware, PS2 sports games, 30 copies of the Simpsons game were at $19.

Was hoping for some sort of clearence bargins, but I should know better when dealing with Wal-Mart.

Actually there was a pretty good deal on 24 packs of Pepsi. A 24 pack was $5 with a $1 off coupon on the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say it politely before things get nuts: this isn't a deal!

[quote name='eldergamer']Was hoping for some sort of clearence bargins, but I should know better when dealing with Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Well, Walmart's nationwide did have Puzzle Quest (DS) on a budget display for $9.96 a year or so ago. Imagine the return on buying a few hundred of those back then.

Well, it is a giant cardboard cube display full of games. Hard to be specific. In short all the games seemed to be $19.96 minus Madden 08 for $10. Which isnt a deal.
The pepsi however is, although it belongs is a seperate thread in a different category.

[quote name='eldergamer']Unfortunately even though the sign stated $20 and under the only thing there that really was under $19.96 was copies of Madden 08 for the PS2 for $10. Pretty much all the other games; Wii shovelware, PS2 sports games, 30 copies of the Simpsons game were at $19.[/QUOTE]

So the moral of the story is that you saw some games at retail price? Thanks for posting... :roll:

Eldergamer, thanks for the post and ignore the Trolls.

Can u update the title of this post to say something more like "Walmart $20 Bargain Bin YMMV?"

If Walmarts are putting out this bin, it is possible that there may be some good stuff in there, and it could end up with interesting backstock, like "Endless Ocean (1)", or other odd things buried in the warehouse.

I'll cruise my local Wally's to see if they are running these as well.

Thanks for the post.

I'd suggest changing the thread title to 24-Packs of Pepsi $5 plus $1 off coupon on the side, I'm going just for that. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Spyder187']Can I have a refund for my 20 secs of life wasted here?[/QUOTE]

If I can't, then you can't either...

[quote name='Rictor']Don't Wal-Mart stores always have a $20 game display? There as common around here as the big bins of $5 DVDs.[/QUOTE]
Same here. It's just a bin they put everything in that won't fit in the case displays.

[quote name='eldergamer']When me and the 2 year old went to Wal-Mart (or as my midwest relatives call it Wally-Mart) for diapers and various sundries there was a giant cardboard cube display filled with $20 and under video games. One side for PS2, one side for Wii , one side for DS and one side for XBox.

Unfortunately even though the sign stated $20 and under the only thing there that really was under $19.96 was copies of Madden 08 for the PS2 for $10. Pretty much all the other games; Wii shovelware, PS2 sports games, 30 copies of the Simpsons game were at $19.

Was hoping for some sort of clearence bargins, but I should know better when dealing with Wal-Mart.

Actually there was a pretty good deal on 24 packs of Pepsi. A 24 pack was $5 with a $1 off coupon on the side.[/QUOTE]
You wear diapers dude..thats nasty

bread's done
Back