20 cent listing day tomorrow 18th

Everytime this sale or the 10cent one happens, only about half my stuff sells. Maybe ebay is overloaded with way too many auctions and too much competition when these sales happen.

[quote name='addicted2games']Everytime this sale or the 10cent one happens, only about half my stuff sells. Maybe ebay is overloaded with way too many auctions and too much competition when these sales happen.[/quote]

The last one after christmas I had pretty good sales and most of my things were higher than most others and they still sold. Was happy about hopefully I get a lot more things sold this week with the listing special. But your right on listing day sales I can instantly see 10+ items with BIN listed on that same day depending on what the item is so the market does get pretty flooded.

[quote name='addicted2games']Everytime this sale or the 10cent one happens, only about half my stuff sells. Maybe ebay is overloaded with way too many auctions and too much competition when these sales happen.[/QUOTE]

While this is true, all of my stuff usually sells because the majority of people taking advantage of these sales don't know what the hell they are doing. Many people use the 10 cent sale to start listing for the very first time so their auctions are always kinda messy.

I always use BIN's anyways so I have control over the prices.

BASTARDS!!! I JUST listed some stuff after giving up on cheap listings for this week (even though I knew we were due). They usually do it on Tues or Weds. so when nothing came by today I figured it would be next week at the earliest. DAMN them to hell!

Yeah, and referencing the comments above it doubly sucks that I paid full price because now ebay will be flooded with similar auctions, which will all end a day after mine. Dammit...

[quote name='Roufuss']While this is true, all of my stuff usually sells because the majority of people taking advantage of these sales don't know what the hell they are doing. Many people use the 10 cent sale to start listing for the very first time so their auctions are always kinda messy.

I always use BIN's anyways so I have control over the prices.[/quote]

Same here. I mostly do BINs because you know that you are getting serious buyers. I need to start running after people to send me a payment. BINs overall are just more reliable.

This 20 cent day could not have come at a better time. I just hope I can take advantage of it and list plenty of items. Right now I'm out of town on business and finally took to making my own account after my friend moved out and since I can't use the account we made. No biggie, I just have to start developing positives again, but that should be a cinch and working through CAG.

Man, eBay has been doing these sales really often for like the past half year. Here's hoping they keep it up. I'd love it if they do at least one of these every 2 months or more often.

[quote name='io']BASTARDS!!! I JUST listed some stuff after giving up on cheap listings for this week (even though I knew we were due). They usually do it on Tues or Weds. so when nothing came by today I figured it would be next week at the earliest. DAMN them to hell![/QUOTE]

You figured we were due? They just had one of these like 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='wubb']Man, eBay has been doing these sales really often for like the past half year. Here's hoping they keep it up. I'd love it if they do at least one of these every 2 months or more often.

You figured we were due? They just had one of these like 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Longer than that Wubb... it's almost been a month, I think. I know it's longer than 2 weeks.

I never got around to using the Turbo Lister since I assumed this sale would be next week :(

I thought they've done one since Xmas. Might have been 3 weeks ago I guess.

And yeah, thanks to TL I have 50 or so listings all ready to go with a few clicks. I might just stick to those or I might pull a few extra listings together. Not sure. If it was a 10 cent listing sale I'd be a little more excited about the whole thing. I might skip listing the stuff I have priced < $10 but I'll probably go ahead and toss most of that up, too.

Think I might try to sell off the Stargate SG-1's I have laying around gathering dust. I could rebuy the slim packs (eventually) and they'd take up less than half the space...

yeah the last sale on listings was Dec 27. They have been doing a 10cent/20cent listing day right after Christmas the past couple years. Anyways, I remember when there were FREE listing days. The last one was like 3 or more years ago. Thats back when BIN was a free option too. Well, off to listing more stufff............

Great...right when I just put up some auctions. I think I have a few more things to list, so this 20 cent listing day won't feel wasted.

i doubt we will ever get 10 cent listings again. its always been 20 cents since last jan.

I remember back in 2003 they did a FREE DAY Listing once. they never did that again.

i got around 40 or 50 items i got to list. Probally put all of the Meijers BUY 1 get 1 free games. the TRU items and other crap i picked up dirt cheap up there and see if i can sell it. I would rather sell it on ebay and at least make 2 to 3 bucks on each item then return them. Hell might get lucky and the 10 buck tru games sell for 40 LOL right like that ever happen : )

hopefully i get home around 2 and be able to list everything

Really its 30 cents for me cause i like to use the later start times and its a major pain in the butt to get on and list them at night

I just found out that if you relist something you put up today let's say for $49.99 (that doesn't sell obviously) in a few weeks and it does sell, you only get the $0.20 refunded back for the relist and not the $1.20. Anyone know if that's correct? I know they used to refund you the full $1.20 for the relist, but it's now changed. I was thinking of putting up listings with semi-high prices for a few games I'm playing now, with the intent of relisting them with more realistic prices in a couple weeks to a month, but if I'd only get the $0.20 back there's no point to it.

slide - They did at least one 10 cent day last year, IIRC. I think they did more than one. Yeah, here's a thread about a 10 cent sale they did in Nov. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114212&highlight=listing

[quote name='wubb']I just found out that if you relist something you put up today let's say for $49.99 (that doesn't sell obviously) in a few weeks and it does sell, you only get the $0.20 refunded back for the relist and not the $1.20. Anyone know if that's correct? I know they used to refund you the full $1.20 for the relist, but it's now changed. I was thinking of putting up listings with semi-high prices for a few games I'm playing now, with the intent of relisting them with more realistic prices in a couple weeks to a month, but if I'd only get the $0.20 back there's no point to it.

slide - They did at least one 10 cent day last year, IIRC. I think they did more than one. Yeah, here's a thread about a 10 cent sale they did in Nov. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114212&highlight=listing[/quote]

Thats correct you only get the 20 cents refunded.

Thanks for confirming. Do you know when they changed that? I remember the one time I did relist something from a sale being pretty surprised that I got the full insertion fee back to me when it sold. That was a good while back now.

[quote name='wubb']Thanks for confirming. Do you know when they changed that? I remember the one time I did relist something from a sale being pretty surprised that I got the full insertion fee back to me when it sold. That was a good while back now.[/quote]

I think they changed it around september of 06.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']hahahahaha, I just listed a bunch of items on the 17th[/quote]

Yea i listed about 10 items but luckily they were all auction and started them at 99 cents so no big deal even though I could have made more money doing fixed price on some of those items.

[quote name='wubb']Thanks for confirming. Do you know when they changed that? I remember the one time I did relist something from a sale being pretty surprised that I got the full insertion fee back to me when it sold. That was a good while back now.[/QUOTE]

It's been this way for a while. But not only that, they seemed to add in restrictions that make the refund ineligible in many cases as well. I've relisted plenty of unsold things and followed the guidelines (first relist, less than or equal selling price, etc) and for some reason not gotten the relist fees credited back. I just don't bother much any more with it.

I woke up this morning to find 2 things I listed just after midnight had sold. So far so good!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']So anyone know if the 20 cent listing rolled over to today as well?[/QUOTE]

No... it never has.

[quote name='wubb']Thanks for confirming. Do you know when they changed that? I remember the one time I did relist something from a sale being pretty surprised that I got the full insertion fee back to me when it sold. That was a good while back now.[/QUOTE]

OK, so I was able to relist (and sell) something that qualified for the relist refund. Well, guess what? I DID get the original listing fee back this time (and not the 20 cent relist fee). The only reason, though, is that the original was from the 15 cent listing day three weeks ago :rofl:.

So, it appears the policy is to refund whichever listing fee is cheaper (the original or the relist). How weasely of eBay.

bread's done
Back