$20 Fear 3 @ TRU.com(ONLINE ONLY)(PS3/X360), $20 @ BB too

[quote name='handsomepete']same price at Best Buy too - universal drop?[/QUOTE]even better since there's a 10% off code that'll work or get the used version & do the current deal.

$20 Fear 3 is something I think you could have had a while back but this is a good price for it.

I really liked Fear 3. Better than Fear 2 in my opinion. It is short as hell though. Fun in co-op and fun in SP. Most games can't manage both.

I still haven't even opened my $5 copy from Best Buy's DOTD. If it hadn't been that price already, I probably would have been tempted at this price.

[quote name='BFox549']is this game as good as Dead Space or Dead Space 2?[/QUOTE]

Not in any way, shape or form. I just finished the game yesterday and liked FEAR 2 better. Only thing this really has going for it is the gunplay, which I think is pretty slick. But the story and characters are atrocious, and unfortunately, they play a big part in this game.

F3AR came across to me as rather uninspired, and I kind of wish I'd spent my time on something else.

Fairly good shooter with an interesting co-op mechanic.

Couch co-op is reason enough to pick this up at $20 IMO.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Nothing beats bestbuys 5$ fear 3 deal from last month[/QUOTE]
Except for calling it "fuh-three-er"

I picked this up for the ps3 with Rayman Origins for $20 each on Saturday at TRU.

I think the BB DotD only applied to Xbox, but I could be wrong.

If this is a universal price drop, I may return it to TRU and wait for a BxGx sale.

I got this for 40 and I thought it was worth it back then and still worth it now. Pretty good FPS and I'm not even big on FPS games. Rather much play this than COD/BF. Single player was real good which FPS games lack now days. Had tons of fun and the online is okay. Def. worth 20.

Fear 3 will plumit more in a month or so. Seems like a cool game for me to try but I haven't played the other two. Is it recommended that I play the first two games before 3 or can I skip them ?

i wish i got it for $5. my grrl and i beat it on co op already. fun game... no fear in the game at all tho
yeah i think it was 360 only tho for the 5 bestbuy sale
and you arent missing anything if you skipped 1 and 2. this game has become like house of the dead parody of what it once was.
still fun tho, especially cuz i played my first game as fettel ;) cuz she hosted...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Fear 3 will plumit more in a month or so. Seems like a cool game for me to try but I haven't played the other two. Is it recommended that I play the first two games before 3 or can I skip them ?[/QUOTE]

I'd play them both for story and gameplay. FEAR 2 is a great shooter.

[quote name='rexflexall']Lucked out at $5 last month at BB. At $20 I think I still would have waited.[/QUOTE]

This. I bought the game on release as part of the TRU 2 for $50 screwup and beat it. Traded it in for some value and grabbed it back when BB had it for $5.

It's a decent to good shooter, I only play single-player campaigns, but like others have said it'll come down more. And if it is a universal price drop then it'll be $16 or so used at Gamestop if you have a PUR card.

bread's done
Back