$20 games at walmart YMMV

Excalibur_Sol

CAG Veteran
at my walmart in cordele, ga they have marked down many games to $20 in included: IT IS YMMV deal is dead

360:

GEARS OR WAR 2 LIMITED EDITION
MIRRIORS EDGE UPDATED - 10$
STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASHED
THE LAST REMNANT
OO7 THE QUANTUM OF SOLACE
LEGENDARY
AND MORE MOSTLY GOOD TITLES

PS3:

SMACKDOWN 2009
GTA 4
Wii:

SUPER MARIO SLUGGERS
INDIANA JONES LEGO - 10$

The manager over electronics is a friend and i was there when he marked them down and i believe the prices will not go back up there are more than i can recall i bought GOW LE and SW TFU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Red Haze']What's YMMV?[/QUOTE]

You Mileage May Vary = this deal may not be at other stores.

A lot of stores, Best Buy is a great example, have sales that are not at all the other stores -- BB is famous for having clearance sales at the discretion of their manager, usually to clear out overstock items and older merchandise.

Your Mileage May Vary - meaning, this might not be the case, or a standard deal/price, at all locations for any given retailer.

Your mileage may vary. Just saying that the deal may or may not work in your area, so check the stores to be sure.

It means "Your Mileage May Vary", which is another way of saying that the deals are not universal.

Sorry, just wanted to fit in.

Would love to find Gears 2 LE for that price. That is a wicked steal, but you really should add YMMV becuase there is no way that is just a price drop.

Keep in mind Gears 2 shoppers though, the GOTY edition came out yesterday and is $36.xx, so if you are into multiplayer you should just get that.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Should I answer the "What is YMMV" question again? I mean hell he might not have understood it clearly the other 4 times?[/QUOTE]

Yes please. May we have another?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Should I answer the "What is YMMV" question again? I mean hell he might not have understood it clearly the other 4 times?[/QUOTE]

I know I'm still confused. :razz:

[quote name='jamesbrown']i never ever seen a good deal on a video game at walmart, i must be visiting the wrong walmarts[/QUOTE]

There's a right walmart?!:)

nice finds but extremely YMMV.Walmart is like Sears/Kmart when they display their games.Most of them are locked in glass cabinets.No price tags and if they do its not up to date.Some of the games are in shelves but they rarely get restocked.Personally I think its a luck of the draw when trying to catch these deals.I only go to walmart to get my car's oil change and look at their pathetic (my local walmart) game selection for the PS3.Not to mention that each store do their own thing.Everything is YMMV.
I think these stores have a huge potential to be decent competetion to other stores selling VGames.I just somehow feel that their marketing strategy needs a serious change.
THanks for the heads up as this may be useful to ppl who visit the store often.

[quote name='subzerorn']nice finds but extremely YMMV.Walmart is like Sears/Kmart when they display their games.Most of them are locked in glass cabinets.No price tags and if they do its not up to date.Some of the games are in shelves but they rarely get restocked.Personally I think its a luck of the draw when trying to catch these deals.I only go to walmart to get my car's oil change and look at their pathetic (my local walmart) game selection for the PS3.Not to mention that each store do their own thing.Everything is YMMV.
I think these stores have a huge potential to be decent competetion to other stores selling VGames.I just somehow feel that their marketing strategy needs a serious change.
THanks for the heads up as this may be useful to ppl who visit the store often.[/QUOTE]

But just like Gamestop, they're out to make the most they can for the games they have, which is why many of us have seen some really old games sitting in those dump bins at WalMart for $20-40 each(like old Tony Hawk games for the N64 and shit).

They rarely have any games on clearance at my local Wal*Marts and when they do the suckers....errrrr...normal consumers snap them up like it's the best deal ever. :roll:

[quote name='Excalibur_Sol']at my walmart in cordele, ga they have marked down many games to $20 in included: IT IS YMMV

360:

GEARS OR WAR 2 LIMITED EDITION
MIRRIORS EDGE UPDATED - 10$
STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASHED
THE LAST REMNANT
OO7 THE QUANTUM OF SOLACE
LEGENDARY
AND MORE MOSTLY GOOD TITLES

PS3:

SMACKDOWN 2009
GTA 4
Wii:

SUPER MARIO SLUGGERS
INDIANA JONES LEGO - 10$

The manager over electronics is a friend and i was there when he marked them down and i believe the prices will not go back up there are more than i can recall i bought GOW LE and SW TFU[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181123&highlight=walmart+YMMV

And you are a CAG veteran?

images

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I would love to find GoW2 LE for $20...can you imagine how nice of a flip that would be? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Gears Of War 2 wasn't getting a phenomenal amount at Gamestop. I found a shitload of them at the end of the $5 Hollywood Video sale and they were getting $15 each before deducting 20% for taking cash or any applicable bumps.

bread's done
Back