$20 Gaming Credit with the Purchase of Metroid Other M for Nintendo Wii @ Amazon!

[quote name='GunstarRed']Went ahead and preordered mine just now. Don't want to run the risk that they knock the credit down to $10 like they've done on pervious preorders. $30 for a first week Nintendo release is a great deal![/QUOTE]

Well, IF it's good. I think this one's far from a safe bet, but I bit anyway :lol:

[quote name='callmewoof']Thanks for this post, I wouldn't have known otherwise. Since theres no telling when a game will be suddenly promo'd, I don't frequent the amazon sticky so this was fresh and helpful news to me. Woohoo METROID :O[/QUOTE]

Not that it matters now as Cheapy is right this probably deserves its own thread, but that thread title does get updated when new stuff is added, so I'm not sure why you couldn't follow the main thread. Its a sticky and the title gets updated, there isn't much more that can be done to flag it for changes.

Well, for one t hing I think the OP said that thread wasn't flagged. For another, many of us don't have the time or patience to frequent hundreds of posts in dozens of threads on the off chance some sale might be going on. The only way we're going to know about it is if someone makes a post.

[quote name='turls']Not that it matters now as Cheapy is right this probably deserves its own thread, but that thread title does get updated when new stuff is added, so I'm not sure why you couldn't follow the main thread. Its a sticky and the title gets updated, there isn't much more that can be done to flag it for changes.[/QUOTE]

When I made this thread the OP of the Sticky was not updated with the info of Metroid Other M having the $20 coupon, either in the title or the OP.

As a few others have said, I wasn't sure about Other M, but with the coupon it's a no-brainer purchase.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Well, for one t hing I think the OP said that thread wasn't flagged. For another, many of us don't have the time or patience to frequent hundreds of posts in dozens of threads on the off chance some sale might be going on. The only way we're going to know about it is if someone makes a post.[/QUOTE]

We're talking about the Amazon sticky that has been stickied for months, otherwise I tend to agree with you. In this case it sounds like that post had just not been updated yet. Which is fine that another thread was created. But callmewoof said there was no way to know when that post was updated, which is the part I disagree with (actually that is downright false). That thread most definitely has its title updated when changes are made, I've seen it numerous times. In this case I guess OP beat them to it, but it doesn't change the fact that is one of the most updated helpful threads on the forum.

Thanks, OP. Had $40 in Amazon credit to burn, so I'll be charged $9.99 and getting a credit. Oh Amazon...you know how to keep me coming back.

The only thing Amazon could do better (well, besides lowering prices even more) is have an easier way to ship them used games. If I could walk them in somewhere...or they shipped you a box, or something...

great deal. Haven't played trilogy yet but I might still pick this up. $30 for a first party nintendo game new is an awesome price.

[quote name='rpatrick']Thanks, OP. Had $40 in Amazon credit to burn, so I'll be charged $9.99 and getting a credit. Oh Amazon...you know how to keep me coming back.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. These promo credits are an excellent way to keep customers returning to their site.

[quote name='BriGuy27']great deal. Haven't played trilogy yet but I might still pick this up. $30 for a first party nintendo game new is an awesome price.[/QUOTE]

Technically, you're not saving any money until you buy something else with the credit. So, it's still $50 you're paying for a new first party Nintendo game (unless you use the credit to buy some other one).

But that's why all these companies love this whole free-credit thing rather than just discounting the price...it makes customers feel like they're saving money twice (both when buying the game that gets the credit, and then using the credit on a game) for a discount they're really only receiving once. It's brilliant.

Yeah, it's a great idea on their part, and dang, $20 off feels like a lot even though in some ways it kinda doesn't.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, it's a great idea on their part, and dang, $20 off feels like a lot even though in some ways it kinda doesn't.[/QUOTE]
Well, look it at this way. Back in the nineties, people literally paid $80 dollars just to play Final Fantasy III on the SNES opening day. I can't remember what the cost of Super Metroid was, but all I'll say is, all pricing issues aside, Metroid Other M is comparable to one of those games people are going to want to play. It's a good deal if you think it's a game you're going to want badly and need an incentive to buy.

Yeah, though Final Fantasy 6 and Metroid 3 are rare games that are actually worth crazy prices :whistle2:D (I want to say Metroid was $50, but I wouldn't swear to it.)

DANG that was back when Nintendo kicked ass :(

[quote name='Wolfpup']The only thing Amazon could do better (well, besides lowering prices even more) is have an easier way to ship them used games. If I could walk them in somewhere...or they shipped you a box, or something...[/QUOTE]
If you ever get games in the brown boxes (as opposed to the envelopes/bags) you could just save them and the inflatable packing for later use. That's what I do.

[quote name='Cheapskate']
But that's why all these companies love this whole free-credit thing rather than just discounting the price...it makes customers feel like they're saving money twice (both when buying the game that gets the credit, and then using the credit on a game) for a discount they're really only receiving once. It's brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Well, not really when the next game I buy with the credit may have another discount/credit and if there isn't a game I need I just buy MS points (which are also offered at a discount compared to most other places). Although they sometimes sucker me into buying a game full or near price with the discount when I otherwise may have waited.

Of course now they are limiting quantities of MS points so they are starting to cheat on that, in a sense. Don't give me a credit good for any gaming purchase, and then turn around and limit the purchases of an obvious item to use the credit on.

Nice, I preordered this a long time ago with the ECA code and it's always nice to get even more back with these preorder credits. I was on the fence about it even with the ECA discount but this pretty much seals it.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Technically, you're not saving any money until you buy something else with the credit. So, it's still $50 you're paying for a new first party Nintendo game (unless you use the credit to buy some other one).[/QUOTE]

For me it's been a rolling $10-20 credit with the variety of games Amazon has been offering it on. But I haven't had to pay full price since before the ECA discount, so Amazon is definitely killing it for me.

Woo hoo! Showed up in my gold box today, so I had to jump on it.

I remember seeing it 2-3 times back during the ECA code era, wish I would've ordered it then. Oh well.

[quote name='Cheapskate']What is this "my gold box" everyone is referring to? *feels out of the loop*[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are signed in to your Amazon account and click on the "today's deals" link near the top left side of Amazon's site.

Located at the top of the page are the deals that run throughout the day or at various times. Scroll down to the lower portion of the page and the section titles "your_name's quick picks" are your gold box items.

The items that appear in the gold box are based on your searching, viewing, and purchasing history, which is why you must be logged in for it to work properly.

bread's done
Back