$20 gift card @ Target with 3 Wii launch titles

trevor2001

CAGiversary!
This offer has circulated now from a scan of the Target flyer. It states offer is only good on launch day. Hopefully they will have more copies of the games than actual systems for people who pre-ordered elsewhere.
wiipamphlet1.jpg

[quote name='drfunk85']Just did some rough math, and if you buy the Wii, and 3 games, get the 10% off from the CC, then go back and use the $20 gift card on an extra wiimote, you will save roughly 65 bucks. Not too bad. Unless some other deals come around or it is discovered that Target has an extremely low supply, this might be the route I go. I was only planning on buying one extra game or so at first and reading some reviews on the others, but if you are buying the console + 1 game and 1 controller already, it basically amounts to b1g1 on the next two games.[/quote]

By " 1o % off from the CC, do you mean by using a Target credit card? If so, is that just a one time sign, up bonus? If that is the case, I'll have to sign up for one when I buy the PS3, which is obviously a much pricier purchase.

The BestBuy GiftCard w/ the $5 off coupon on the backside has no value on it, so you can put how ever much you want on it. Some BB requires a $5 minimum, but YMMV depending on the cashier.

The proper etiquette is to buy the GiftCard first. Then, peel off the $5 coupon on the backside, and apply it to the game you want the next time you return. As for the actual Giftcard, you can use it anytime you want. Good luck.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']The BestBuy GiftCard w/ the $5 off coupon on the backside has no value on it, so you can put how ever much you want on it. Some BB requires a $5 minimum, but YMMV depending on the cashier.

The proper etiquette is to buy the GiftCard first. Then, peel off the $5 coupon on the backside, and apply it to the game you want the next time you return. As for the actual Giftcard, you can use it anytime you want. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and incorrect etiquette would be to put .01 on the card, crack it open and rip out the coupon in front of the cashier, throw it down on top of your game and yell "RING IT UP, BITCH!"

[quote name='Tybee']Yes, and incorrect etiquette would be to put .01 on the card, crack it open and rip out the coupon in front of the cashier, throw it down on top of your game and yell "RING IT UP, BITCH!"[/quote]

Incorrect, yes, but it's sure as hell what I'm going to do now that you've planted the idea. It'll make me look so...cool.

The funny thing about all this is that I saw the giftcards on "sale" at my local target on an endcap. They were there with all the other accessories for the wii shown a while back.

[quote name='sonderiaom']The funny thing about all this is that I saw the giftcards on "sale" at my local target on an endcap. They were there with all the other accessories for the wii shown a while back.[/quote]Then I will be buying one today. I wanted to check out the endcap anyway.

[quote name='billyrayearl']Incorrect, yes, but it's sure as hell what I'm going to do now that you've planted the idea. It'll make me look so...cool.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy it, because it's likely that they'll pull the GGCs from that location shortly thereafter.

[quote name='sonderiaom']The funny thing about all this is that I saw the giftcards on "sale" at my local target on an endcap. They were there with all the other accessories for the wii shown a while back.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Target, here I come.

My weekend is set! ;)

"Light goes on! Light goes off! Light goes on! Light goes off! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!" :drool:

[quote name='sonderiaom']The funny thing about all this is that I saw the giftcards on "sale" at my local target on an endcap. They were there with all the other accessories for the wii shown a while back.[/QUOTE]

My weekend is set! ;)

"Light goes on! Light goes off! Light goes on! Light goes off! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!" :drool:

[quote name='Tybee']Enjoy it, because it's likely that they'll pull the GGCs from that location shortly thereafter.

[/QUOTE]

No shit. I so there tonight.

*god I'm such a geek.*

[quote name='billyrayearl']By " 1o % off from the CC, do you mean by using a Target credit card? If so, is that just a one time sign, up bonus? If that is the case, I'll have to sign up for one when I buy the PS3, which is obviously a much pricier purchase.[/QUOTE]

I just read the Target Red Card Rules and it said that the 10% you get off is an all day thing, so you could use it on any purchases made that day. Also, everytime to spend some amount of money, you get points. Enough points and you'll get another 10% shopping pass.

[quote name='orimental']I just read the Target Red Card Rules and it said that the 10% you get off is an all day thing, so you could use it on any purchases made that day. Also, everytime to spend some amount of money, you get points. Enough points and you'll get another 10% shopping pass.[/QUOTE]

Amass over 1000pts (1pt. per $1 charged) for another 10% off voucher delivered to you; however, there's a limit per year and you only qualify 1 voucher per statement (i.e. spent $4000 on the red card will only net you 1 voucher, not 4).

[quote name='Tybee']Enjoy it, because it's likely that they'll pull the GGCs from that location shortly thereafter.

My weekend is set! ;)

"Light goes on! Light goes off! Light goes on! Light goes off! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!" :drool:[/quote]

Just a joke, Tybee. I am neither that rude nor that idiotic.

[quote name='billyrayearl']Please allow me to veer wildly off subject. Does anyone know whether or not the Wii will be compatible with all sizes of SD cards? Amazon has a 2 GB Sandisk for $39.96 (sold by Digital Media Source). Seemed like a good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memory-SDSDB-2048-A10-Retail-Package/dp/B0009RGLSE/sr=8-3/qid=1161378672/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-2645265-0834469?ie=UTF8&s=electronics[/QUOTE]

Nice deal, but Buy.com has a kingston 2GB up for $36.95, with a $9 mail-in rebate and $10 off using Google Checkout. So $26.95+shipping out of pocket, with another $9 rebate on top of that.

I'd assume the Wii would be compatable with most standard sizes out currently, but if anything, it's still a great deal if you have a digital camera or other device that uses that type of media.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202743332&adid=17662&adid=17662

Stopped at two Targets on my way home from work and though both had spaces prepared for Wii parephenalia, they were as stark and barren as Ann Coulter's womb.

Wii-jected. :cry:

[quote name='Tybee']Stopped at two Targets on my way home from work and though both had spaces prepared for Wii parephenalia, they were as stark and barren as Ann Coulter's womb.

Wii-jected. :cry:[/quote]Ditto.

I gave five dollars towards Zelda at Gamestop. The guy said you arent going to put $5 down on it. The 20 people before YOU did. Would Gamestop give me my 5 dollars back? I was planning on getting Zelda, Trauma Center, and either Super Monkey Ball, Excite Truck, or Red Steel. Im hearing bad things about Red Steel so who knows. Waiting for some reviews fiirst I guess.

[quote name='Tybee']Stopped at two Targets on my way home from work and though both had spaces prepared for Wii parephenalia, they were as stark and barren as Ann Coulter's womb.

Wii-jected. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yep. Same here. I was a little disappointed.

I think I'll be doing this, even though I still plan on going to Wal-Mart at 12AM for the system itself... guess I'll just have to play WiiSports until Target opens.

Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Second Opinion, and Raving Rabbids for me.

That gift card is awesome!

[quote name='thunderx85']you get 20 dollars for ps3 games as well[/QUOTE]

For those interested, these are the 21 confirmed launch day PS3 titles (Nov. 17th, 2006) for $59.99 each:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Ubisoft)
Call of Duty 3 (Activision)
EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 (EA)
F.E.A.R. (Vivendi)
Full Auto 2 Battlelines (Sega)
Genji: Days of the Blade (Sony)
Madden NFL 07 (EA)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Activision)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (Namco Bandai)
NBA 07 (EA)
NBA 2K7 (2K Sports)
Need for Speed Carbon (EA)
NHL 2K7 (EA)
Resistance: Fall of Man (Sony)
Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (Bethesda)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (EA)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (EA)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Acivision)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (Sony)

I was working in electronics at Target the other day, and I was told that Target was getting around 2000 Wiis. I don't know if that's just our region (new york) or if it's even correct, but hey.. I'm hoping she meant 20,000. :)

[quote name='Dezuria']I was working in electronics at Target the other day, and I was told that Target was getting around 2000 Wiis. I don't know if that's just our region (new york) or if it's even correct, but hey.. I'm hoping she meant 20,000. :)[/quote]

I'm sure they were wrong. There's like 1400-1500 Target stores. 2000 would mean less than two per store.

I stopped by my local Target and got the Wii giftcard, it has a button that when you press it, it lights up in bright blue from all four sides as well as the Wii logo. Its pretty cool.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I stopped by my local Target and got the Wii giftcard, it has a button that when you press it, it lights up in bright blue from all four sides as well as the Wii logo. Its pretty cool.[/quote]Where did they have it at your store? With the accessories?

[quote name='botticus']Where did they have it at your store? With the accessories?[/QUOTE]

I was finally able to find the Wii giftcards @ my local Target. They were hung right next to the dog tags/lapel pins/access. in their new Wii display end-cap aisle, in their electronics videogame dept.

Respectively, the $20 Target giftcard for the PS3 will also have a special PS3 emblem...so be on the lookout. I don't think they're out, yet.

bread's done
Back