$20 gift cards with select games at Circuit City: RB1 (360), Madden, Tiger, Ninja II

[quote name='is250awd']NG2 is 29.99 at blockbuster[/quote]

But it is effectively $19.99 with this deal, assuming one would spend another $20 at CC at some point in the future. $39.99 for NG2 + $20 GC.

I just picked up Ninja Gaiden 2. Total is $41.19 including tax and free shipping.

Note: It only shows an option to have the game shipped, no in store pickup available.

Also, the egiftcard is emailed to you right after placing the order and it can be used for instore, online and phone purchases. Thanks CheapyD.

in 4 NG 2. couldn't say no with the $20 gift card, cause i'm always in need of something in the $20 range that I can now effectively pick up for free.

[quote name='memex']I just picked up Ninja Gaiden 2. Total is $41.19 including tax and free shipping.

Note: It only shows an option to have the game shipped, no in store pickup available.

Also, the egiftcard is emailed to you right after placing the order and it can be used for instore, online and phone purchases. Thanks CheapyD.[/QUOTE]

Now could you return the game and get full refund and keep the gift card?

thanks

[quote name='tears2040']Now could you return the game and get full refund and keep the gift card?

thanks[/QUOTE]

ANYONE?

[quote name='tears2040']Now could you return the game and get full refund and keep the gift card?

thanks[/QUOTE]

You can't because the receipt shows the game as $20. If you return the game you will be refunded $20. $20 for the eGiftcard is already charged to you.

Wow, NG2 for effectively $20, that's pretty darn good. Might just have to jump on that...just hope I'll get around to playing it before it goes on Target clearance :p

[quote name='Edge']Wow, NG2 for effectively $20, that's pretty darn good. Might just have to jump on that...just hope I'll get around to playing it before it goes on Target clearance :p[/quote]

My thought process exactly. A title I wouldn't have normally thought about until it hit Target clearance otherwise.

Ha, I was just coming to see if there was a thread about this (well NG2 specifically) because I just noticed this and placed an order for NG2. That $20 GC along with a bunch of other ones I've gotten makes my total $60, which equals a free game.

[quote name='guessed']But it is effectively $19.99 with this deal, assuming one would spend another $20 at CC at some point in the future. $39.99 for NG2 + $20 GC.[/quote]

Also, not all Blockbusters sell new games. None in my area sell new games, just used and those aren't exactly in abundance!

Almost pulled the trigger on NG2 but with our 360 starting to crap out so much, it's not worth the risk. The game will most likely end up in a bargain bin sooner or later.

As soon as I get paid, if the deal is still on, I'll be picking up NGII. I rented it, liked it, didn't think it was great, but effectively, for $20, I can't pass it up (since I'll most likely be using the GC sometime soon anyway).

damn and i thought $30 for ng2 was a steal... im tempted to return the copy i bought from blockbuster since its still in its original seal, but nah... too lazy

[quote name='Vinny']Almost pulled the trigger on NG2 but with our 360 starting to crap out so much, it's not worth the risk. The game will most likely end up in a bargain bin sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

GL on the bargain bin thing. Maybe if it goes Platinum.

With this deal, NG2 is a no brainer. If it goes Platinum then the price floor is set at $30. Secondly, this is for an original. I hate those ugly-ass Platinum covers. I don't who the hell came up with that design, but those games have the worse covers ever. Even the bright yellow PC GameCube covers with that ugly and intrusive Best Seller logo tacked on for "good" measure are better than the 360 PH's. Third, even in the bargain bin at $16.96 or so, it's won't get a whole lot cheaper than this for a new one.

If I bought RB2 would I need to own RB1 to import the songs? Don't have either yet but I'm planning on getting the RB2 bundle when it comes out - and for $40 for all the RB1 songs sounds okay.

The link for Madden 09 (360) appears to be broken, just an FYI.

Thanks for the heads up though! I paid full price for Madden at launch (I know, shame on me), so perhaps now is a good time to recoup $20.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I wonder if you could pricematch Blockbuster's price of NG2 and then get the giftcard. I'd definitely have to be in on that at that point.[/quote]

I just called them regarding that point and they said no. You can try calling your store, it'll probably be YMMV whether they'll do it for you or not.

I had to bite on this deal. I was planning on renting NG2 on Gamefly at some point, but knowing me, it would take me a while to pass it and would almost be the same money wise. So I might as well own the game.

Great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mxyzplik']If I bought RB2 would I need to own RB1 to import the songs? Don't have either yet but I'm planning on getting the RB2 bundle when it comes out - and for $40 for all the RB1 songs sounds okay.[/quote]

LISTEN CAREFULLY:

1. Go RENT Rockband 1 and create a save file on your xbox 360.

2. Pay 400 MS points for the licence transfer. It is available in the options section of RB1.

3. It will download all the tracks to your harddrive. Return the RENTED copy to the store.

4. Buy Rockband 2

Pretty simple, huh? Now all your DLC and the RB1 songs are playable if you have RB2. Only 5 songs are unable to be transfered due to licensing issues.

I just saved you like $30-$35 total.

400 ms points= $5
RB1 rental= $3-$5

In for Ninja Gaiden 2. Can't resist for that price.

I was just thinking about buying it used from Gamefly since I got that and can just keep it.

Anyway, with the amount of games coming theres bound to be something I can get there.

bread's done
Back