$20 gift cards with select games at Circuit City: RB1 (360), Madden, Tiger, Ninja II

I jumped on NG2.

The receipt includes an internet coupon good for 10% off games and accessories.
083108_ocb_coupon_gaming.jpg

Free shipping so it's fine to do online.

Anyway, hopefully it's not just a matter of their system not getting updated and orders getting cancelled.

[quote name='j.elles']Free shipping so it's fine to do online.

Anyway, hopefully it's not just a matter of their system not getting updated and orders getting cancelled.[/quote]
I would be pissed if they decide to cancel orders. Basically it would be liken to forcing us to buy a $20 GC from them.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']You've been here since 2006, kill yourself, slightly.[/quote]

Agreed. But wow, NGII is really tempting, especially since I have a $10 gift card from last week's Fallout 3 preorder. So I'd basically get an additional $10.

I gotta save for next month's games though ... must show restraint!

[quote name='hobbie8046']NGII at GameStop with coupon and edge = $24.49[/quote]
But the one from CC is brand new factory sealed. The one you quoted has been GS raped (and costs more).

Thanks, picked up NG2. Even though a gift card doesn't really make the game $20, I pick up a game or two almost every month from CC in their monthly clearances, so I'm sure I would spend $20 there eventually.

[quote name='eau']I jumped on NG2.

The receipt includes an internet coupon good for 10% off games and accessories.
[/quote]

Hm, I bet I could use that coupon to get Ninja Gaiden 2 in-store (lol) for $36, then use said GC to get Armored Core For Answer (been looking for a deal for it) for $54 - $20 GC for $70 for two new games. Not a bad deal and although I'm not really huge on Ninjia Gaiden, it's kind of hard to pass up.

I'm going to try to get them to PM from BBV and still apply the deal. If I can, it'll be $60 for the two... basically getting AC:FA with a free game.

didn't work in-store for me at the sicklerville nj CC. first off, NGII was still listed as $60, had to go to customer service desk where it was marked down to $40 as per the website but then the manager said the gift card offer was online-only. not the first time they've stonewalled me at this store. well, at least shipping is free.

does any one know if this is the same as the initial release, with the cardboard slip cover over the green case with art? or will it just be the green case with art.

does a version without the slip cover even exist?

First of all, has anybody received the gift card code yet? Second, this is probably dropping to $40 everywhere (Buy.com has it for $30 with FS right now), so it isn't as great of a deal as it seems. I don't believe it won't get cheaper than $20, this is one of those titles that is almost guaranteed to end up in Target clearance. Since I don't have a Target I get to that often, I went ahead and bit.

[quote name='turls']First of all, has anybody received the gift card code yet? Second, this is probably dropping to $40 everywhere (Buy.com has it for $30 with FS right now), so it isn't as great of a deal as it seems. I don't believe it won't get cheaper than $20, this is one of those titles that is almost guaranteed to end up in Target clearance. Since I don't have a Target I get to that often, I went ahead and bit.[/quote]
I got it less than 5 minutes after I ordered.

damn, my backlogs gonna be hurting... i just cant pass up 20 bucks for ng2... than preorder fable 2 for 10... and gears 2 for 10... and rockband 2 ps3... its a never ending cycle.

for those asking, CC.com states that you can infact use eGift Cards in a physical store. Just dont forget to write down the code and bring it with you.

[quote name='turls']First of all, has anybody received the gift card code yet? Second, this is probably dropping to $40 everywhere (Buy.com has it for $30 with FS right now), so it isn't as great of a deal as it seems. I don't believe it won't get cheaper than $20, this is one of those titles that is almost guaranteed to end up in Target clearance. Since I don't have a Target I get to that often, I went ahead and bit.[/QUOTE]

It's sold according to VG Chartz like 720,000 copies. So I don't think it's going to be in clearence. For $20, taking into account the $20 gift card that you get instantly via email, that can be used in store, I think this is the best deal you're going to get for a while.

Plus theres more then enough coming out that I was going to buy anyway.

I was about to pull the trigger on NG2, but I know it's just going to piss me off. Besides, I still have the $50 gift card from buying an HD-DVD player at Best Buy. Time to save some real money.

Note: If you go look up Ninja Gaiden 2 strategy guide at Gamestop, you can see the game under "we also recommend" but it's not available in store or online. I doubt that's a coincidence.

I ended up nagging my friend to buy ng2, and he did. That was way to good of a deal to pass up. I've been waiting on it for a while so when I saw this I just had to get it.

[quote name='eliter1']My code has not arrived, anyone else bot received it yet, it's not a problem but I am just curious.[/quote]

Hadn't gotten it last time I checked, it figures this happens because I just got an e-mail from my computer saying my RAID array died. So my code may have died with it if it finally came last night.

[quote name='turls']Hadn't gotten it last time I checked, it figures this happens because I just got an e-mail from my computer saying my RAID array died. So my code may have died with it if it finally came last night.[/quote]

My coupon wound up in my email spam folder, check there. :bouncy:

This deal was too good to pass up even though I know it will cause me to break my controller. I called GS and they said trade-in price for NG2 is $20. So you can play it for free then trade it in.

I didn't get the code, period. I've got a handle on spam blocking and that isn't the case. This sucks now I get to fight CS on it.

I even got the e-mail that the game shipped so I doubt it shows now.

My RAID array that died was not my critical data like email anyway.

Did the gift card show up in the e-mail?
When ever I check status, it just says Nina G 2 -39.99. No mention at all about gift card.
CS is telling me I'll be getting it with the game, which doesn't sound to be true, according to some posts.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Did the gift card show up in the e-mail?
When ever I check status, it just says Nina G 2 -39.99. No mention at all about gift card.
CS is telling me I'll be getting it with the game, which doesn't sound to be true, according to some posts.[/QUOTE]

when you checked out it should've said:
Ninja gaiden: $19.99
Gift card: $20.00

dammit.. it wont let me use my old gift card towards the purchase of a new gift card (i figured it was too good to be true) - however, now with $10 (from assassin's creed last year) and this $20 (picked up ninja gaiden 2), I am in a position to pick up a solid game (like LBP) with a price match to Fry's or something in the future from CC.

[quote name='YoUnGKiLlAh']when you checked out it should've said:
Ninja gaiden: $19.99
Gift card: $20.00[/quote]

WTF? Nothing like that on mine. It wasn't something extra you had to check when you bought it either, its just part of the sale.

EDIT: I just re-ordered the stupid thing since obviously CC glitched the first time around and didn't add the right item to my cart. I didn't do it any different than I did the first time--you don't have to press a special button or click a checkbox to get the deal. I don't even live close to a CC so this should be fun.

Anyway, THANKS YoUnGKiLlAh
for the tip

Finally broke down and ordered Madden 09 (360). I was going to wait and pick it up used from Gamestop, but the only copy was gone and I need my fix.

Is this deal still on, I don't see a giftcard in my cart and I'm following all the directions in the thread???

Gotta love CC's free shipping option. I just got my copy of NG2 in the mail today after placing my order on Thursday. I could've gone to the store and buy it there but with most of the gas stations being out of gas here in my area I'd figure I would save the trip for some other time.

Also got Ninja Gaiden 2 in the mail today, came with a slip cover.

As for $20 gift card, it came within 1 hour after placing the order.

Indeed, slip cover NG2 here as well. Is the slip cover sold with every copy, or is it something to be happy to have (as in, only the first batch should have it)?

If you didn't get the gift card to show up in your cart and didn't get the game for $20 on the receipt, don't expect it to magically show up in the package. Got mine today without any mention of a gift certificate. I got the slip cover.

bread's done
Back