20 GIG PS3 in stock in GameStop.com for $499.99

I was one click away from pulling the trigger, and I just closed the page instead. As much as I want one, I just can't justify it at this point in time.

[quote name='EarthKing']I thought they discountined this version? Oh well, here if you want a 20 GIG PS3 - http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020071

I'll call them before you order to make sure.[/QUOTE]
Discontinued != not for sale. I haven't heard anything about Sony recalling the existing 20GB PS3s, so I'm assuming that's what's being sold here.

I'm surprised they're still in stock, though... :whistle2:k

It IS discontinued, but everyone's sitting on surplus stock of it.

Hell, my store got a shipment of four last week. We've still got a used one that we've had since January for $439.99!

Dammit, I just got a pretty decent deal on a used 360 elite (500 with gears of war, crackdown with halo 3 beta and a sealed spiderman 3 that I can trade in for something worthwhile), but if I knew I could get a used ps3 for $440 I would have done that instead. I'm upgrading my pc and almost all 360 games are coming out for vista, and I really want to play the latest game from team ico.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Thanks for the deal, I am going to get one for my other HDTV. I'll use the second as a Blu-ray player.[/QUOTE]

wow nice :applause:

I'm not sure the 20GB's were offically canned in the US. Just that retailers were mostly ordering more of the 60GB's and saying that is what their customers were requesting.

Only reason to get a 60GB is the wireless internet and the memory card ports. If you aren't going to use those then I'd go for the 20GB and upgrade it later on.

Just so you know, you can easily upgrade the HD in either of the PS3's using a certain computer HD's. Or just use the USB port to access an external HD.

The 20GB can use remote play (accessing your PS3 via PSP) just like the 60GB if you have a wireless router.

1st thing you guys should do is download the latest update. DVD upscaling!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My local Sams club...or Costco i forget had a few of these the last time I was there about a week ago.[/QUOTE]
Damn you better check the price. DIdn't someone get brand new 20 gigs PS3 for like 320 bones at Sam or Costco. Please check the price

Interesting--wonder where this stock of 20s came from, if Sony really did can 'em. There are none in B&M here in Hawaii.

This would be a nice deal if it was from amazon.com. As is, with shipping and taxes I rather get a 60 gb from there. I wonder where they got all these from. Hmmm.

[quote name='Gpig']Dammit, I just got a pretty decent deal on a used 360 elite (500 with gears of war, crackdown with halo 3 beta and a sealed spiderman 3 that I can trade in for something worthwhile), but if I knew I could get a used ps3 for $440 I would have done that instead. I'm upgrading my pc and almost all 360 games are coming out for vista, and I really want to play the latest game from team ico.[/QUOTE]

You know, I was going to check your list but I see what you did there. And I see what you're going to do, so nevermind.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Just an FYI. The 20GB hard drive is a lower RPM than the 60GB one. And some games make a difference with that.[/quote]

No it doesn't! ....... really?

[quote name='richierich']surplus? Haven't seen a 20gig one ever.[/QUOTE]
That's because you have to ask. Retailers sell them pretty much at-cost but they make a *tiny* bit more on the 60GB model, hence, they have instructed their stores to shove the 20gigers in the back. Scan a UPC at Target and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, it's circular reasoning to say that they should be discontinued when they are the reason it will not sell.

BTW: The 20 GB one will not let you purchse PSone games for PSP and load them on your PSP. It is a protected WiFi-only feature does not allow you to use your own WiFi setup for this. No USB or MS Pro Duo option either.

[quote name='CZroe']

BTW: The 20 GB one will not let you purchse PSone games for PSP and load them on your PSP. It is a protected WiFi-only feature does not allow you to use your own WiFi setup for this. No USB or MS Pro Duo option either.[/QUOTE]

I think they changed that with a recent update.

[quote name='Apossum']I think they changed that with a recent update.[/QUOTE]
Well then I want my $100 back damnit. 60GB isn't enough and I only paid it because I am a PSP owner and I would be sacrificing potential.

You could still download games to the PSP even with the 20GB... You just couldn't stream them wirelessly. Now you can with the update like I mention. The 20GB can do everything the 60GB can.

The line about the slower RPM affecting games is false.

Plus... you can upgrade the system with a normal HD anyway (don't have to be special like the xb)

Dang, this is tempting. I looked for a non-tard pack PS3 for months, but never saw one. All the claims of "it's in stock everywhere" only applied to the tard-pack.

If I could buy this in a store, and use all my credit towards it, I'd go for it. I wish I could pre-order one in store :bomb:

[quote name='CZroe']...
BTW: The 20 GB one will not let you purchse PSone games for PSP and load them on your PSP. It is a protected WiFi-only feature does not allow you to use your own WiFi setup for this. No USB or MS Pro Duo option either.[/QUOTE]

That's not true and it's never been true. You've always used a USB connection for the PSP, NOT Wi-Fi.

[quote name='Gpig']I really want to play the latest game from team ico.[/QUOTE]

You mean the one that isn't announced? The one that's probably at least 2 years away?

bread's done
Back