20 gig PS3

Foxhound54

CAG Veteran
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hi all,

I'm looking for a 20 gig PS3 for use as a Blu Ray player mainly. I really don't care if it's new or used, because I'm a cheapass, as long as it won't crap out on me. My new TV is just calling for Blu Ray enjoyment, and the PS3 seems the way to go for a long-term Blu Ray solution. I really haven't found much out there, so I'm hoping someone may have some suggestions. Thanks!

If you're only using it for blu ray movies, just get the 40gb. The 40gb is quieter and use less power. Also it's kinda hard to find the 20gb now, and the only difference is the 20gb can play ps2 games.

I was hoping that some place would have 20 gigs used for a discount (haven't seen anyplace come down from the 40 gig's $399.99 price point) and didn't see any point in owning a PS2 and PS3 if I could just have one (I have a nice little PS2 catalogue, but it's currently living with the little brother someplace else). Though, if nothing pops up, the 40 gig is the route I'll take.

Search Craigslist. I know many people think it's a site where you find hookers but it's really not. I got my 20 gig about 4 months after it came out and it was $250 with two controllers and HDMI cables.

Also check ebay.

One downfall of the 20GB model is lack of wi-fi; I would agree with the previous guess of a used 20 GB cost, as a quick check of eBay showed most 20 GB units being as-is/broken models. Picking up a 40GB with a PS2Slim (if you decide your catalogue of games is worth having) may be the most reliable decision, and not that much more expensive.

As a side note, this makes me glad I snagged a 60 GB back in October when they were discontinued.

There is a 20GB at my K-mart in North Plainfield, NJ but is still listed at $499. Could probably get them to price adjust if you are anywhere near there.

bread's done
Back