20% in eBay Bucks on any purchase @ newegg, macmall, toysrus, and more. (YMMV)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
ebayfz.png

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Who's eligible?

Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages and pay for the item with PayPal are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding––the offer is not transferable.

The Promotion starts at 12:01 AM PT on October 18, 2012, and ends at 11:59 PM PT on October 19, 2012. 20% in eBay Bucks (2% base plus 18% bonus) will be earned for any item purchased in MacMall, Newegg, BeachCamera, Guess Outlet, Last Call By Neiman Marcus, Under Armour, Callaway, Eastern Mountain Sports, Discount Tire Direct, Summit Racing Equipment, Toys R Us, and Babies R Us stores on eBay.

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Other restrictions apply.
[/FONT]

Now on what to buy...

I don't have the invite :( Maybe because I only sell on eBay (mostly non gaming related though) and seldom buy stuff from them.

Pretty good deal, spend 100 bucks at Newegg and get back 20.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
in eBay Bucks.
[/FONT]

If i'm not mistaken to get the 20% ebay bucks you have to buy items from those merchants stores on ebay itself, not their standalone site.

[quote name='person123']If i'm not mistaken to get the 20% ebay bucks you have to buy items from those merchants stores on ebay itself, not their standalone site.[/QUOTE]
It does seem so, so don't just go ahead and rush off buying stuff from newegg. :lol:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Promotion starts at 12:01 AM PT on October 18, 2012, and ends at 11:59 PM PT on October 19, 2012. 20% in eBay Bucks (2% base plus 18% bonus) will be earned for any item purchased in MacMall, Newegg, BeachCamera, Guess Outlet, Last Call By Neiman Marcus, Under Armour, Callaway, Eastern Mountain Sports, Discount Tire Direct, Summit Racing Equipment, Toys R Us, and Babies R Us stores on eBay.

it would be nice if it worked on newegg's site itself... i've been thinking about getting that white vita bundle

eBay stores set up by companies are usually much higher in price to compensate for the fees. Not really much of a deal since you can get it for cheaper from the sites directly.

For example, Newegg has terrible prices on eBay compared to their prices on their site.

[quote name='TooPoor']I don't have the invite :( Maybe because I only sell on eBay (mostly non gaming related though) and seldom buy stuff from them.[/QUOTE]

i buy stuff everyday and I didn't get an invite

[quote name='Squarehard']eBay stores set up by companies are usually much higher in price to compensate for the fees. Not really much of a deal since you can get it for cheaper from the sites directly.

For example, Newegg has terrible prices on eBay compared to their prices on their site.[/QUOTE]

not true, newegg and toysrus almost always have the same price on ebay as they do on their site.

Also ebay does not charge these big companies that big of fees, they have special deals

some examples:
disgaea 3 ps3 $15.99 both sites http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disgaea-3-A...4457?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4608dfc919
sonic generations $15.99 both sites http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sonic-Gener...0006?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5896fc7716
rocksmith ps3: $39.99 both sites http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocksmith-for-Sony-PS3-/350606361648?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

I've never really seen newegg have a higher price on video games on ebay than on their own site, i'm sure it's possible they have some, but the listings i've seen have always been the same price

i've gone through over 50 games so far on this list and they have all been the same price on ebay as they are on newegg
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games...g=25&_sac=1&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=newegg

[quote name='Squarehard']eBay stores set up by companies are usually much higher in price to compensate for the fees. Not really much of a deal since you can get it for cheaper from the sites directly.

For example, Newegg has terrible prices on eBay compared to their prices on their site.[/QUOTE]
Not really if you look carefully, most of them are the same as NewEgg's own website.

With this promotion you could get...

• Playstation Pulse Headset for $107.98
  • Dualshock 3 Black or Blue versions for $32
  • Xbox 360 4GB for $160
  • 3DS XL Red or Blue version for $160
  • Xbox 360 250GB Racing Bundle Forza 4, Racing Wheel $200
  • Playstation 3 Super Slim Uncharted Bundle $216
  • Pokemon White 2/Black 2 for $28

Newegg BIN auction on ebay :

Sony Playstation 3 250GB Bundle w/Uncharted 3 GOTY and Dust 514 Voucher
+ free shipping: Pay today and earn $54.00 in eBay Bucks.

Cost: $269.99
eBay Bucks earned: $54.00
--------------------------
$216.00

The only downside is that you have wait 3 months to spend those
bucks.

I cancelled my Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition order on Newegg, so I could order on ebay instead.

You earned US $3.20 in eBay Bucks.

i got re6 on sale at newegg for $51.99 a little over $40 with ebay bucks. Thats my price after tax. It probably be that close to that on black friday. Also, got El shaddai for $8

Some good deals include the xbox live card if you need it and the ps3 3d display.

[quote name='htz']Not really if you look carefully, most of them are the same as NewEgg's own website.

With this promotion you could get...

• Playstation Pulse Headset for $107.98
  • Dualshock 3 Black or Blue versions for $32
  • Xbox 360 4GB for $160
  • 3DS XL Red or Blue version for $160
  • Xbox 360 250GB Racing Bundle Forza 4, Racing Wheel $200
  • Playstation 3 Super Slim Uncharted Bundle $216
  • Pokemon White 2/Black 2 for $28
[/QUOTE]

No, you aren't getting any of those for any of those prices. You are paying the full price and then you have to buy something else. You see no savings until you buy at least 2 things. I.e. it's money off of 2 items, not money off of 1 item.

Still a good deal if you buy stuff on ebay, though. I do, but I don't think I got the email.

No message for me. Just as well though. Me and Newegg are on bad tides after my credit card information got hacked from their site last week anyway.

[quote name='crunchewy']No, you aren't getting any of those for any of those prices. You are paying the full price and then you have to buy something else. You see no savings until you buy at least 2 things. I.e. it's money off of 2 items, not money off of 1 item.

Still a good deal if you buy stuff on ebay, though. I do, but I don't think I got the email.[/QUOTE]

It's about the same as getting a gift card to eBay.

[quote name='NismoZ32']No message for me. Just as well though. Me and Newegg are on bad tides after my credit card information got hacked from their site last week anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's interesting you mention that. I have only had my credit card number compromised twice in the past decade, once by the Capcom.com store and once by New Egg several months ago. They must have very poor security or dishonest employees, I'm not sure which.

[quote name='DestinyHero']It's about the same as getting a gift card to eBay.[/QUOTE]

That's right. You are not getting 20% off of the item you buy, you're getting 20% of the value of that first item, to split on that and one other item. None of which you actually see until you buy the 2nd item. It's less than 20% off of two items.

It's still a pretty good deal, mind you.

thank you very much, op! ended up getting a 3ds xl and a few games from newegg totaling $245.xx. Getting back $49.xx in ebay bucks in 77 days!!!

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i buy stuff everyday and I didn't get an invite[/QUOTE]

I believe you can only get this deal if you use Bill me Later on every checkout

[quote name='Vanacloud']I believe you can only get this deal if you use Bill me Later on every checkout[/QUOTE]

I got this deal and never used Bill me later at any point.

[quote name='crunchewy']That's right. You are not getting 20% off of the item you buy, you're getting 20% of the value of that first item, to split on that and one other item. None of which you actually see until you buy the 2nd item. It's less than 20% off of two items.

It's still a pretty good deal, mind you.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, isn't this pretty much like any deal where you purchase something and get a gift card for a future purchase? I mean I get you want to spread the word and make sure people realize it's not a 20% rebate ala Bing Cashback, but it seems like you're railing a little hard right now. :p

Hey guys, does buying a 3ds on ebay newegg store give you the same warranty as if you were buying from the main newegg store? I think buying 3ds from main newegg store gives you a free year of warranty. However, the ebay listing doesn't specify.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I don't know, isn't this pretty much like any deal where you purchase something and get a gift card for a future purchase? I mean I get you want to spread the word and make sure people realize it's not a 20% rebate ala Bing Cashback, but it seems like you're railing a little hard right now. :p[/QUOTE]

I admit it's a pet peeve. :)

[quote name='lilseung']Hey guys, does buying a 3ds on ebay newegg store give you the same warranty as if you were buying from the main newegg store? I think buying 3ds from main newegg store gives you a free year of warranty. However, the ebay listing doesn't specify.[/QUOTE]

With both of my purchases, I received a newegg email with tracking and one with invoice just like if I ordered on the newegg site. My guess it's the same.

[quote name='crunchewy']That's right. You are not getting 20% off of the item you buy, you're getting 20% of the value of that first item, to split on that and one other item. None of which you actually see until you buy the 2nd item. It's less than 20% off of two items.

It's still a pretty good deal, mind you.[/QUOTE]

Yes you're getting 20% off on any of the items from the selected sellers. The form of discount is in eBay bucks. I understand what you're saying, but you can't factor in discounts on the "future" item...

If you buy the 3DS XL at $200, you'll get $40 in eBay money later. If you're buying a $40 game later, you're getting it free. What you're saying is that you're not really getting a discount on the $40 game. That part is true, but $40 eBay bucks is $40 eBay bucks, regardless you're getting a discount on the stuff you're going to buy later. Besides, how the heck do you know there won't be promotions later?

The only drawback of this deal is that you get the eBay bucks months later... And of course, the cool stuff on eBay always have higher price tag.

I didn't jump on the El Shaddai and DMC HD collection earlier, so I got them both for $25.98 shipped (same price as posted in deal forum a while back). I'll be getting $5 back later...

Toys R Us have crap!

[quote name='lilseung']Hey guys, does buying a 3ds on ebay newegg store give you the same warranty as if you were buying from the main newegg store? I think buying 3ds from main newegg store gives you a free year of warranty. However, the ebay listing doesn't specify.[/QUOTE]
It's the same... I already have the Red/Black 3DS, otherwise I would have jump on it. If they have a different color, I would buy another one.

I don't know why I bother, but if you get the $40 game free, after having paid $200 for a 3DS XL, then you are getting $240 worth of stuff for $200. That is not 20% off. 20% off of $240 would be paying $192, not $200. No matter how you slice, you are not getting 20% off anything. Now it is indeed still a good deal, but it's not 20%.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know why I bother, but if you get the $40 game free, after having paid $200 for a 3DS XL, then you are getting $240 worth of stuff for $200. That is not 20% off. 20% off of $240 would be paying $192, not $200. No matter how you slice, you are not getting 20% off anything. Now it is indeed still a good deal, but it's not 20%.[/QUOTE]

Oh you really into this... It seems you're so damn percentage savvy now are you? No where says you're getting 20% off on the stuff you're going to buy later. Your math implies that you're getting 20% on stuff you going to buy later, WTF?!

[quote name='sonnyforple']With both of my purchases, I received a newegg email with tracking and one with invoice just like if I ordered on the newegg site. My guess it's the same.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Serpentor']It's the same... I already have the Red/Black 3DS, otherwise I would have jump on it. If they have a different color, I would buy another one.[/QUOTE]

Ah that has been worrying me the whole day. Thx for clearing that up. Time to place my order.

Edit: Sold out =/

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back