$20 MLB.tv Premium Subscription - 1 year

20 pages of people on Slickdeals already got it. Everyone is saying it has worked. This is one of the best deals I've ever seen on anything. I didn't believe it when I first saw it either.

Originally Posted by FriscoSoxFan@SlickDeals
I called to cancel so I could rebuy and before I was able to give much more than my name and account info, the CSR said, "If this is because of the slickdeals thing, it was a false deal and our site was 'hacked.' I don't know if the customers will be canceled or not because I don't have that info, but if they aren't canceled, we will most likely refund you the difference."

[quote name='kona']Picked this up a couple hours ago...now to figure out if i can get this streaming to my tv. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yep. You sure can pretty easily. I do S-video out to the TV through HDMI. You can also do HDMI out on most newer video cards. Works like a charm if your PC is near the TV.

Love it.

Apparently people who ordered are already getting their orders canceled.

[quote name='killab77@SlickDeals']Don't waste your time with cached orders. My order went through, and was just canceled. MLB.TV will be canceling all of the subscriptions purchased through the boxee link, as it was a price mistake.

I know, I am bummed too[/quote]

I plan to challenge them on it then. It was a valid offer. It was on their website. I have the receipts. Price mistake or not, I think they should make good on what they charged me for.

I'm still watching the game as we speak. :)

Thank god they canceled it. I was so jealous of all the people who did get it.

Agent, good luck though. I am sure there is fine print somewhere saying that they can do whatever they want. Reminds me of the Gamestop situation from a month ago with the discount on future games after buying 1 game.

Also with Amazon listing MLB The Show 2010 for $40 and then canceling everybody's pre order due to a price error.

[quote name='wildcpac']Thank god they canceled it. I was so jealous of all the people who did get it.

Agent, good luck though. I am sure there is fine print somewhere saying that they can do whatever they want. Reminds me of the Gamestop situation from a month ago with the discount on future games after buying 1 game.

Also with Amazon listing MLB The Show 2010 for $40 and then canceling everybody's pre order due to a price error.[/QUOTE]

Oh, they can do whatever they want when it involves reimbursement of any charges.

It's just that I'm a returning customer and hope the customer service people will cave a little...

As an aside, they still haven't canceled me yet. At the very least, I took in a free Braves game today. Who knows... maybe I can be an exception. :bouncy:

Well hey, for anyone who subscribed at the $20 rate... it turns out the cancellation email is a hoax. We may just luck out after all. No one at slickdeals.com has lost their $20 subscription yet.

I still have it also, beside that one dude who posted false information for some reason everyone still has it. Hellz yeah:bouncy:

Just talked to a customer service rep. I was told that the accounts are going to be deleted and turned in to the fraud department. The site was hacked into with the boxee? fiasco.

Poster on slickdeals posted that a CSR told him that MLB gave Boxee a certain amount of $20 memberships and once the quota was met that it expired and wasn't a MLB mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. In case anyone is still wondering if their subscription will get canceled, the deal appears to be totally legit! It's a promotional for Boxee--ie. anyone considering Boxee is welcome too.

What an awesome deal!

Just FYI: I've contacted support over an issue I had... and they didn't have anything to say about my subscription. Coast seems clear.

Wow. So theres no chance another major deal like this surfaces before the start of the regular season? Was putting off my subscription for weeks, and wasnt sure why. And then this stupid deal shows up and I miss it. Now I almost feel ripped off to pay 600 percent more than some other people. Id be doubly pissed if I bought it today and 4 days from now theres another huge flash sale.

wow you guys are lucky. I wouldn't mind having a year membership, but I just don't want to pay up to $120 for the premium sub. I would of done it if I knew this deal earlier today.

bread's done
Back