20 Off 149.99 Orders and Free Shiping GS

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!
I saw the deal off retailmeornot. I am not sure how it works with other orders but for me who just got about 300 in store credit and wanting a new headset went with this to take off tax. Which is nice considering I had returned a warhead headset (wouldnt recommend). I am hoping the A50 is all I dreamed and more.

Sweet, it works. Use 'Saver' for free shipping :bouncy:

You got the A50s? I am looking at Turtle Beach xp400s but thinking A50s might be better.

I hope the A50 comes and works out of the box perfectly.

Because lately Astro is an absolute cluster@#%&.
Check their forums if you don't believe me.

The quality of their products and their customer support have taken a gigantic dive the last year. Mixamp problems, headset problems on NEW headsets. It's atrocious.

I would just get the mixamp off ebay and get siberia v2s. Better comfort and quality. And you don't have to deal with Astro.

[quote name='computingwarren']Dis is gai. Gamestahp dawnt know how ta do sheeeet arawnd hear[/QUOTE]

27439998.jpg

31426220.jpg

[quote name='Blade']
27439998.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is there anything you want to pre order? So many games coming out and we offer DLC that is available everywhere. Damn, those employees can shut the fuck up

Man GS charging tax on MSRP not on actual price so it comes out to same if I just go pick up headphones in person with credit :bs:

This would have been good for any looking to buy collector's edition stuff, but it only applies it items currently in-stock.:whistle2:(

Here are the terms.
code GS149

GameStop: $20 Off on purchases of in-stock games and accessories totaling $149.99 or more + receive free shipping. Excludes consoles, laptops, and DLC. Expires 12/19/12.

Tried it on a purple 3DS and 3DS starter kit and this popped up:

"Coupon GS149 - $20 off purchases of in-stock games and accessories totaling $149.99 or more. Excludes consoles, laptops, and DLC. Other Restrictions may apply Offer Expires 12/24/12."

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Tried it on a purple 3DS and 3DS starter kit and this popped up:

"Coupon GS149 - $20 off purchases of in-stock games and accessories totaling $149.99 or more. Excludes consoles, laptops, and DLC. Other Restrictions may apply Offer Expires 12/24/12."[/QUOTE]

Excluding consoles makes this less sweet.

too bad you could not use the code instore..

loved to get a kindle fire hd for 199 - 20 and 25 gift card 155 would be a grab in a second

[quote name='computingwarren']Dis is gai. Gamestahp dawnt know how ta do sheeeet arawnd hear[/QUOTE]

Dey TUK ER JERBZ!

[quote name='Reraise']Excluding consoles makes this less sweet.[/QUOTE]

There went me getting a 3DS XL for BB price :( Gamestop is the only place I have credit so it would have been pretty cool

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Hmmm. May buy 3 $50 steam cards[/QUOTE]Please share if this works. Holiday sale in less than two days!

[quote name='d8onausa']Please share if this works. Holiday sale in less than two days![/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it does not because steam cards are not listed online. On a side note I tried to use the code on a Gamestop gift card and it did not work.

I recently ordered some stuff from Gamestop (package is suppose to be delivered today). Do you guys think that if I email them they will reimburse me the $20?

[quote name='vickers500']Damnit, Bioshock Infinite Sonbird Edition isn't available at Gamestop. Was going to use my credit and the code to make this 36 bucks :([/QUOTE]
It also has been going in and out of stock at Amazon for some time now, don't know what's the deal with that.

[quote name='TooPoor']It also has been going in and out of stock at Amazon for some time now, don't know what's the deal with that.[/QUOTE]

I locked in a pre-order from Amazon a while ago, so I should be fine on being able to get one, but I'd rather switch my order over to gamestop what with my credit and the $20 deal. Guess I'll be checking the games page every few hours hoping it's available again.

Has it been at a steady "not available" status at gamestop or does it go in and out of stock frequently, or do you know at all? I'm hoping this isn't going to be another BL2 Loot Chest situation.

edit: Just called my local gamestop and asked them if it was still available for pre-order. Apparently it isn't. Looks like it's starting to go out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usagi']Pretty sure it does not because steam cards are not listed online. On a side note I tried to use the code on a Gamestop gift card and it did not work.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the restrictions made it a pretty bad deal... Only real use is if you are paying almost the same price somewhere else this will at least take off taxes.

[quote name='Ralph444']I hope the A50 comes and works out of the box perfectly.

The quality of their products and their customer support have taken a gigantic dive the last year. Mixamp problems, headset problems on NEW headsets. It's atrocious.

I would just get the mixamp off ebay and get siberia v2s. Better comfort and quality. And you don't have to deal with Astro.[/QUOTE]
I was using game credit so I was limited with my choices also after the firmware update it seemed to reduce some issues. This is my 360/ps3 headset as my computer has the logitech ones (which I wish worked with xbox and ps3).

I would just get the mixamp off ebay and get siberia v2s. Better comfort and quality. And you don't have to deal with Astro.[/QUOTE]
The Astro A50s are great sound wise. Probably one of my favorite headsets / headphones around. I own the Tritton 720s, the Sony wireless headset, and a pair of Sennheisers (decent ones, not cheap) and for gaming the Astros blow all those out of the water.

Now the bad part. If you are using the mic with the xbox 360 you will soon realize that it has terrible sound. There is no way around this. The mic works flawlessly with PS3 and PC but it flat out sucks on the 360. I assume this is because Microsoft did some sort of deal to ensure that their $300 Warheads wouldn't get killed on the headset market. Everyone says the Warheads are just an overpriced Tritton 720, which I bet they are.

If anyone picks up the Astro A50s realize that you will be using it for single player or you will be wearing a separate mic while using them because everyone on XBL will say you sound like a robot with really loud sound. You can also look up youtube videos and ppl will also note that it sucks on XBL. Makes me wonder why no review from a gaming website mentioned this. -_-

Now back on topic, hopefully I can use this with a Nexus 7? lol

Ear Force PX5 dropped down again to $159.99 online only so if you use the $20 off and free shipping it helps with the taxes (and nets u like $6?).

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/ear-force-px5/90893

Unfortunately I personally looking for wireless headset that won't be affected by wifi etc bc I have a lot of stuff going on. GameStop are cheap assholes and keeping prices ridic high on the xp400, Astro50 and Tangos to where even if I wanted to buy at a loss it would be retarded to (like paying $269 for Tangos when at BB+Amazon they are $200 lol)

I prob will go flip some games to BB using GS cred then pick them up at BB if still available or buy Kindle cards and get it at Amazon... if neither then guess I will look for a diff headset

[quote name='computingwarren']Is there anything you want to pre order? So many games coming out and we offer DLC that is available everywhere. Damn, those employees can shut the fuck up[/QUOTE]

They have a job to do ^ that is part of it. fuck off.

[quote name='LlamaNinja']I saw the deal off retailmeornot. I am not sure how it works with other orders but for me who just got about 300 in store credit and wanting a new headset went with this to take off tax. Which is nice considering I had returned a warhead headset (wouldnt recommend). I am hoping the A50 is all I dreamed and more.[/QUOTE]

Get off my website.. CHEAP ass gamer

[quote name='sninh']is this still working for anyone? i'm trying to buy some games but it isnt applying[/QUOTE]
It has ended.

ALSO about the headsets. I have owned A50's, Warhead, Sony Wireless, and Logitech G930.
My favorite overall is the Logitech G930. They arent too much and they sound amazing, they might not have the options the others have but I am sure you can tweak that on a pc.
My least favorite are the Trition Warhead. They have 2 batteries, cost 300 but sound awful. No matter what audio setting I had on them I couldnt stand it. They are cup my ears and I just could never enjoy wearing them. I kept trying to like them because I have the halo 4 console so it would have been an epic match.

Tl;dr= PC: Logitech G930, PS3: Official Wireless Headset, X360 A50. Warhead=Ripoff

I've got the A40s and I have had zero issues and been pretty darn pleased with them for PC gaming. Of course I got mine free so I couldn't complain either way.

Edit: I love the Logitech 930s as well one of my favorite headsets and not crazy overpriced the lower end version of them is solid as well the 910s or whatever.

Ive known, in person, 3 people with A50's. (2 relatives, 1 close friend)

Brother's gave him problems and would make a buzzing sound (a loud one) after 3 months. He dealt with their customer support alot. ended up selling them.

Cousin's mic (he still uses it) always goes off like a loud echo, and he's tried to fix it.

Friend flat out hates them now. He said he bought it off the hype from the MLG forums, he regrets it. he still likes the mixamp though.

So from what I've heard-they're not really durable.

bread's done
Back