$20 off $40 Amazon app purchase. Expires 12/31/21

krzysio87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Same as the last time, except the wait for the next coupon is 48hrs. 

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=21423115011

If you're having trouble getting the coupon to work, you might have better luck trying the link through a mobile browser as opposed to desktop. That's what worked for me. Also the last one I managed to checkout through the browser version, this time it seems like I'm stuck using the app.

*Terms and Conditions :
Eligible customers who sign-in for the first time and make a purchase in the Amazon shopping app for the first time are eligible to get $20 off their next qualifying $40 order made on the Amazon shopping app. They are also eligible to receive an additional $20 promotional code ($20 off on $40 in-app purchase of qualifying items) for making a purchase in that app for the second time. Sign in and qualifying purchases must be completed before 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 31, 2021.

• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 31, 2021.
  • Customers must receive notice of the offer directly from Amazon through the Amazon website or email to be eligible. Customers who are forwarded this offer from parties other than Amazon are not eligible for this offer.
  • Offer applicable to US customers only.
  • Promotional codes apply only to purchases made in the Amazon shopping app.
  • Promotional codes expire at 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 31, 2021.
  • Promotional codes only apply to orders including at least $40 of products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon.com Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or “sold by Amazon.com Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
  • Offer does not apply to digital content or Amazon Gift Cards.
  • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  • Offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • Offer limited to one per customer and account. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $40.
  • Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
  • Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
  • Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
  • Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
  • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
  • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're having trouble getting the coupon to work, you might have better luck trying the link through a mobile browser as opposed to desktop. That's what worked for me. Also the last one I managed to checkout through the browser version, this time it seems like I'm stuck using the app.

Even if it says not eligible you should still attempt to add something to the cart and then try the page in the app since numerous users reported that it worked last time even when they were ineligible according to the top of the page.

numerous users reported that it worked last time even when they were ineligible according to the top of the page.
I'm pretty sure that at some point after launching the previous promo, amz made changes to the promo itself which made most if not all accounts able to use the deal. Hopefully that happens again.

Thanks, OP! I'm somehow eligible even though I shop on Amazon often; I've never used the app before so maybe that's why? 

Said I qualified. I clicked apply and it said would be applied at checkout. Went to checkout and there was no discount applied. Total was over $40. Everything shipped and sold from Amazon, and, everything done on my tablet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Said I qualified. I clicked apply and it said would be applied at checkout. Went to checkout and there was no discount applied. Total was over $40. Everything shipped and sold from Amazon, and, everything done on my tablet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You get a coupon for $20 off your next over $40 order not an immediate discount.

So, you have to buy something, to get a $20 off promo, and then after you use that on a second order you get another promo to use... and all that has to be done before Saturday?

This reminds me, I got an email from Amazon for a survey involving bluetooth headphones. They promised I'd be paid with a $3 gift card. That was last week and I still haven't been paid.

So, you have to buy something, to get a $20 off promo, and then after you use that on a second order you get another promo to use... and all that has to be done before Saturday?
It's supposed to be an immediate discount on your first purchase, then another discount on a future purchase.

That's what I assumed at first, but that first sentence in the T&C suggests otherwise.
Oh weird. That's not how it worked for me. I got the $20 off coupon on the initial order.

This whole thing seems slapdash. Initially, half the time I used the link the old offer from August would show up instead the current one. It took a little extra effort to get this to work but I managed to luck out, otherwise I wouldn't post it.

Even if it says not eligible you should still attempt to add something to the cart and then try the page in the app since numerous users reported that it worked last time even when they were ineligible according to the top of the page.
Wish I knew this last time. I didn't even bother because I assumed it didn't work.

For the 2nd purchase, it sounds like there is no minimum amount to get the extra $20 off $40, am I understanding this correctly?

It also says this on the top of the promo page:

"Claim your $20 coupon for First App purchase now! Come back 48 hours after your purchase to claim your next $20 coupon"

Terms and conditions also say this: "They are also eligible to receive an addition $20 promotion code ($20 off on $40 in-app purchase of qualifying items) for making a purchase in that app for the second time."

Am I suppose to come back to this promo page to click to claim the extra $20 just like how we did for the 1st purchase or do I just make a 2nd purchase now? It's simply not very clear to me.

For the 2nd purchase, it sounds like there is no minimum amount to get the extra $20 off $40, am I understanding this correctly?

It also says this on the top of the promo page:

"Claim your $20 coupon for First App purchase now! Come back 48 hours after your purchase to claim your next $20 coupon"

Terms and conditions also say this: "They are also eligible to receive an addition $20 promotion code ($20 off on $40 in-app purchase of qualifying items) for making a purchase in that app for the second time."

Am I suppose to come back to this promo page to click to claim the extra $20 just like how we did for the 1st purchase or do I just make a 2nd purchase now? It's simply not very clear to me.
Agreed, it's confusing. I'm going to try 48 hours after and see if it works.

If anyone can report whether their 2nd promo worked and what they did, that would be appreciated.

I checked the promo page and it now shows a banner saying the first app purchase is complete and another banner for the second purchase. But no button to click and, as of now, no second coupon.

I checked the promo page and it now shows a banner saying the first app purchase is complete and another banner for the second purchase. But no button to click and, as of now, no second coupon.
Yes, I've been checking a few times a day since yesterday and that 2nd banner was there since (which, at the time, should've been less than 48 hours since the promo started). I kept checking to see if there would any changes today as it would've been 48 hours by now (like another claim button or something), but it has not changed since.

I have a feeling that what needs to be done to claim the 2nd $20 is to make 2nd purchase in app of any total value and doesn't have to be strictly sold by Amazon.com. After that, it will probably give you the $20 discount (probably send some kind of email to notify you) that would apply to a $40 minimum and has to be sold by Amazon.com. That's just my guess though.

Update: I just placed a 2nd order for about $29. I assume this order would give me the extra $20 off for my next order. I tried to see if the discount would be instant if I placed a 3rd order but it appears to not be so. Checked the promo page to see if anything changed for me; nothing yet. Perhaps I will give it a bit of time to re-check the promo page or re-test the cart to see if there's a discount. Might even get an email notification about it but we'll see.

Yes, I've been checking a few times a day since yesterday and that 2nd banner was there since (which, at the time, should've been less than 48 hours since the promo started). I kept checking to see if there would any changes today as it would've been 48 hours by now (like another claim button or something), but it has not changed since.

I have a feeling that what needs to be done to claim the 2nd $20 is to make 2nd purchase in app of any total value and doesn't have to be strictly sold by Amazon.com. After that, it will probably give you the $20 discount (probably send some kind of email to notify you) that would apply to a $40 minimum and has to be sold by Amazon.com. That's just my guess though.

Update: I just placed a 2nd order for about $29. I assume this order would give me the extra $20 off for my next order. I tried to see if the discount would be instant if I placed a 3rd order but it appears to not be so. Checked the promo page to see if anything changed for me; nothing yet. Perhaps I will give it a bit of time to re-check the promo page or re-test the cart to see if there's a discount. Might even get an email notification about it but we'll see.
I was going to do that but decided not to because the terms say that all purchases and the promo will expire on 12/31 and there isn't 48 hours left to get it, and even if it comes, the code may be expired.

Not worth the hassle for me, but hope it works for anyone who tries it.

Thanks op. The first order worked for me, but I never received the second $20 off coupon (I waited 48 hours).

I called Amazon customer service, and they were able to apply it to my account. Only took me 10 minutes.

Thanks op. The first order worked for me, but I never received the second $20 off coupon (I waited 48 hours).

I called Amazon customer service, and they were able to apply it to my account. Only took me 10 minutes.
Talked with Amazon CS via Chat. That rep was not understanding how the promo works and was insisting it only works for the 1st purchase. Pasted the Terms and Conditions and he had another rep call me directly. After explaining my issue to the guy who called me, he gave me the discount.

It shows up as "Courtesy Credit" in the cart and works only on Amazon.com sold items. However, it seems that the minimum $40 order is not enforced so that's a slight step-up from the promo. Not sure if there's an expiration date on that credit, but he did send a confirmation email about it. It doesn't say anything about expiring, so there probably isn't one.

This is the part of the Terms and Conditions I used:

"*Terms and Conditions : Eligible customers who sign-in for the first time and make a purchase in the Amazon shopping app for the first time are eligible to get $20 off their next qualifying $40 order made on the Amazon shopping app. They are also eligible to receive an additional $20 promotional code ($20 off on $40 in-app purchase of qualifying items) for making a purchase in that app for the second time. Sign in and qualifying purchases must be completed before 11:59 p.m. (PT) December 31, 2021."

I tried doing that and the asshole strung me along for forty minutes before saying he’d make a ticket and I’d be contacted within 48 hours. This was after initially going through chat, who transferred me to a call, which got disconnected while I was on hold. Honestly if they’d just said no and stuck to it and it had ended after five minutes, I wouldn’t even have cared, but if they don’t give me at least twenty bucks after all this nonsense I’m raising a stink.

I got the first coupon to work 3 days ago but I'm having the same problem with the second as the others here. From these stories, I think I'll just take my first $20 as a win and not waste time with customer service on NYE

bread's done
Back