$20 off $50 Purchases at Walmart.com when you use Paypal!

albino_hippo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, (3) purchase using your PayPal account that has the same email address where you received the email invitation, and (4) make an eligible purchase no later than December 15, 2008.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This assumes that you have recieved the email for this offer! If you were a registered PayPal user before December 5th and didn't see it, run a quick search in your email; it may or may not be there![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is from the email I got:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shop now and save with an exclusive PayPal deal at Walmart. Use PayPal when you checkout at Walmart.com and we'll give you $20 cash back on your order of $50 or [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]more!* [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here's the link in the email I recieved. It goes through PayPal, but it doesn't redirect to a specific page regarding the $20 off.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anyways, just letting you guys know. If there's something wrong here, please politely let me know.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Terms and Conditions:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Receive $20 cash back on a single purchase of $50 or more excluding tax and shipping. ("Offer") Offer applies to transactions on Walmart.com when you use PayPal as a payment method. Offer begins December 5, 2008 and ends December 15, 2008. The maximum amount of cash back per PayPal account is $20USD. The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 15, 2009. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, (3) purchase using your PayPal account that has the same email address where you received the email invitation, and (4) make an eligible purchase no later than December 15, 2008. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchase, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, automatic and/or recurring payments you have scheduled, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This Offer cannot be resold or transferred.[/FONT]
imgHLDYspcr_1x1.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This email was sent to *email address taken out*, because your email preferences are set to receive the PayPal Periodical newsletter and Product [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updates. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]© 2008 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

EDIT: According to the T&C, it can only be used if you recieve the email, use the link provided in the email, and checkout with the Paypal email that this offer was sent to. It might be worth a try to use my link and see if it works for you.

If all else fails, this topic can be a reminder to those who may have skipped over their email without noticing this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='noxxle']What if its weeks? Months?[/quote]

Then ya wait, man. :) You barely scraping by feeding the family, or what? :)

The way I look at it, I can use this offer to buy a new game right now and get $20 in a while rather than waiting more than "a while" for the game to drop in price "naturally". I can either wait a year to buy whatever new game, or I can buy it now, enjoy it, and get $20 back much sooner than a year.

A little extra spending now for a nice refund. I'd be willing to wait a few months for that.

[quote name='noxxle']Do the terms and conditions state when the cashback will happen? What if its weeks? Months?[/quote]

Yes, it says within Jan 15

I found the answer to my question. The terms say:

The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 15, 2009

*edit* you beat me to it.

[quote name='sleepy180']wtf my email says $20 back on $100 purchase, not $50. lame[/QUOTE]

Looks like we know who made Paypal's naughty list ;)

If it's not instant, how do we know we'll even get the cash back? I like to at least see it stated on a receipt or something.

Also, is this good on pre-orders?

[quote name='morphineseason']If it's not instant, how do we know we'll even get the cash back? I like to at least see it stated on a receipt or something.

Also, is this good on pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping both the Paypal promo email and my confirmation emails from Walmart/Paypal in case they don't credit the $20 by January 15th.

I got one but for all this talk about saving a lot with Walmart I cant cant find a good deal. Everything is at retail price with shipping so even with the coupon I don't really save much over say Amazon.

[quote name='cheaphuck']I got one but for all this talk about saving a lot with Walmart I cant cant find a good deal. Everything is at retail price with shipping so even with the coupon I don't really save much over say Amazon.[/quote]

Plus shipping and tax. At least amazon.com doesn't charge tax and if your order with amazon is over 25 you get free shipping.

went ahead and purchased ... but nothing with the discount or stating I will get 20 back... nothing, so I'm going to keep everything too, just in case.

I hope to get 20 back sooner than later.

Purchased, also keeping the email and receipt handy because I too didn't get any confirmation of the pending $20 cash back during or after the transaction.

I bought Eternal Sonata on the PS3 with this offer and I didn't get a confirmation email about cashback either....then I read the fine print and it said I had to be logged in at the time of the transaction, which is obvious, but then I got paranoid and thought maybe you had to be logged in the whole time?

[quote name='plastik3000']Anyone know of any good filler items to reach $50?[/quote]
toilet paper!!! you can always use that

Also made an over $50 purchase (before shipping and tax) and did not receive any confirmation. Hopefully something will show up in a day or two. The first time I used the Microsoft Live Cashback I seem to recall that there was a day or two before I heard anything too, although in that case I could at least see on ebay that I was going to get cashback. I'll keep my fingers crossed... and raise hell if necessary.

Found the e-mail, yay! I really don't mind rebates cause by the time I get the money back, I usually have forgot about it, and it's a nice suprise ya know

[quote name='shadowkast']toilet paper!!! you can always use that[/quote]

Get the recycled kind, please! Wipe your ass with someone's recycled notebook paper. :) I'm sure it's sterilized. We use the recycled stuff exclusively. It's a lot softer than the ass-ripper paper my grandparents use. :)

Does it need to be 50 dollars before taxes or just 50 total? Many of the games are 49.99.

*edit* ok i am an idiot and need to learn to read. Terms say 50 before taxes/shipping.

[quote name='xycury']went ahead and purchased ... but nothing with the discount or stating I will get 20 back... nothing, so I'm going to keep everything too, just in case.

I hope to get 20 back sooner than later.[/quote]

I did the Paypal cashback last year too, and if I remember correctly, there was no confirmation e-mail. Anyway I got my money in the stated time-frame.

I intend to save on shipping by using "site2store" shipping. However the game I want is 49.88 and I cannot find anything for a dollar that qualifies for "site2store" shipping.

If anyone finds something please send me a pm.

[quote name='Sofa King Cheap']What's the subject of the email to look for in one's Inbox (to receive the offer)? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

"Get $20 cash back from PayPal when you spend $50 at Walmart.com"

The cheapest filler I've found that would seem worth it is Tenacious D's Pick of Destiny DVD for $3.50.

Anyone know of something cheaper?

Alright, so I picked up LOST Season 4 blu-ray ($49) and Tenacious D Pick of Destiny ($3.50) and chose store pickup. Used my confirmed paypal account with the e-mail address that I received the deal invitation.

Hopefully all works according to plan because there's no confirmation of the cash back from what I can tell.

$20.00 deposited by PayPal into my PayPal account 3 days after transaction. No emails, no nothing, but I'm glad it was quick to get credited to the account.

[quote name='loomis1975']$20.00 deposited by PayPal into my PayPal account 3 days after transaction. No emails, no nothing, but I'm glad it was quick to get credited to the account.[/QUOTE]

That's great news. Hopefully everyone else gets the money just as quickly. Thanks for letting us know.

Edit: Wow, just checked my paypal account for the heck of it, and I guess I already got my $20 back as well! Check your accounts folks. I just ordered yesterday. Great service on PayPal's part.

[quote name='morphineseason']That's great news. Hopefully everyone else gets the money just as quickly. Thanks for letting us know.

Edit: Wow, just checked my paypal account for the heck of it, and I guess I already got my $20 back as well! Check your accounts folks. I just ordered yesterday. Great service on PayPal's part.[/quote]

NICE

I picked up:

Rhapsody DS
Araknoid DS
Exit DS (I could not find this game anywhere in stores (Kmart, Gamestop, Walmart Target)

All for 20... so it was like a B2G1 Free with this deal!

awesome job Paypal/Walmart. Now only if they continue with it, multiple uses :bouncy:

Remember this thing expires on 12/15 so you need to use it soon.

I picked up Rock Band AC/DC and Crash of the Titans (I haven't played one of the series in ages and I'm morbidly curious...)

Is there a restriction against buying gift cards online with this deal? :D

$20 off every $50 worth of groceries I buy with PayPal? FTW. Very FTW. :cool:

EDIT: Oh, limit 1, only with email, and max $20 back. Fail. I'd do it if I had gotten the email, but I didn't.

Wow. Very cool. I got mine yesterday (only 3 days after purchase). I wasn't expecting that quick of a turn around.
Now if only wal-mart was as quick at getting the items sent to me local store, I'd really be happy.

I got my $20 as well. Yeah! I haven't gotten what I ordered yet, but I got the cashback. Actually part of the stuff I ordered is available (I opted for free ship to store) and part of it isn't. I'm waiting for it to all be available before I go.

Let's see... The second season of Dexter is $20 and I don't have the first and haven't seen the show at all but I'll see if I can find something else.

For those looking for filler items...

Go to the Clearance section of the site and then click on the link that displays ALL of the items and just change the order of the list to 'Price: Low to High.' If you have daughters or nieces there are some cheap High School Musical or Hanna Montana t-shirts. Like $2.

I finally placed an order after figuring out what to buy for $50. PPLus i just sold my AC/DC Track pack on ebay which will help pay for my order.

:ps3: Rock Band: Track Pack 2 - $29.92
:br: George A. Romero's Diary Of The Dead - $13.86
:br: Stargate - $10.00

Plus once i use the Track Pack 2 Code i can sell it on ebay just like i did with ac/dc track pack and pretty much get my order for free.

bread's done
Back