$20 off $80 w/ Google Checkout @ Buy.com

I still have not used the $20 off $100 which comes up still when I place items totaling $100 in my cart. I just tried $85 and the discount for $20 does not come up during checkout. Do I need to use the first one then I will be eligible for the next offer of $20 off $80? I never did receive these emails either and I am still able to qualify for now with the $20 off $100.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']That's better than the $20 off $100. But don't you have to receive an email to take advantage?[/QUOTE]

No...I never received the $20 off $100 and I am able to use it...just haven't yet.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']That's better than the $20 off $100. But don't you have to receive an email to take advantage?[/quote]

Your bonus will be automatically applied when
you use your Google Checkout account with login
[email protected]

Just use your google checkout email.

Nope, no go for m e. I've put a hundred woth in my cart just to see if I got either deal. And I don't get any discount. Which absolutely sucks. I know exactly what I want to buy with that $20 off of $80. But since I didn't get either email I guess I'm not eligible.

I wonder if we could use this on top of the $50 off any $51 order or more if you use a Revolution Card deal. I'd love to get GH3 for $30.

[quote name='jeccaneko']I wonder if we could use this on top of the $50 off any $51 order or more if you use a Revolution Card deal. I'd love to get GH3 for $30.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it...you have to select on buy.com's site how you are paying....you have to select revolution card as the form of payment. You would not be able to do this on google checkout.

This didn't work for me, I'm going to see what happens if I make my cart go over 100$....

EDIT: I'm not getting any discounts, GOD I HATE BUY.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='freshzen']This didn't work for me, I'm going to see what happens if I make my cart go over 100$....

EDIT: I'm not getting any discounts, GOD I HATE BUY.COM!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

It is not buy.com's fault...blame google if anything.

I just ordered something. No problem at all :D.

I got the e-mail today though. It's stated on buy.com that is an offer valid only to whoever got the e-mail.

[quote name='SniperREX']I just ordered something. No problem at all :D.

I got the e-mail today though. It's stated on buy.com that is an offer valid only to whoever got the e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Not true...I never received the email for the $20 off $100 yet google is giving me the discount. Now the $20 off $80 is not working for me. Maybe if I use the $20 off $100...it will allow the $20 off $80???

Weird. They never sent me any notice (Google Checkout has never sent me any sales notices) but for the first time it's finally working for me when I go to checkout.

I assume this is a one-time only use?

[quote name='rcavictor1956']Not true...I never received the email for the $20 off $100 yet google is giving me the discount. Now the $20 off $80 is not working for me. Maybe if I use the $20 off $100...it will allow the $20 off $80???[/quote]

I don't know. The whole thing is confusing. Anyway I'm glad it did work for me :D.

I got this e-mail, but I really wanted to use this on preordering R6V2. It's weird how on the product page, it shows google checkout as being available, but then in my cart it shows it as not eligible.

Ditto...multiple accounts,only one applies the discount....

[quote name='groundskeeper']I have three Google Checkout accounts and only one received the e-mail.[/quote]

Does this stack with the ten dollars off your first GCO purchase? I need a new mouse, and my dad wants a zen stone, so that would be awesome.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I have three Google Checkout accounts and only one received the e-mail.[/quote]

Three accounts, no emails here. None of the discounts are applied automatically. :whistle2:|

If you end up a few cents short like I did, you can add this DVD to your cart to put you over.

http://www.buy.com/prod/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-3/q/loc/322/40170334.html

Cheapest thing I could find through my quick search. After shipping, I came out with a total of $66.66 for Super Smash Bros Brawl, Rayman Raving Rabbids for Wii, and TMNT 3 on DVD.

I look at it as
49.99 - 10 = Brawl for 39.99
29.99 - 10 = Rayman for 19.99
6.68 for TMNT 3 DVD

so I'm content with that because they were all things I wanted anyway. (the third turtles movie sucked, but I had the other two on DVD so I wanted the complete set)

Nice deal! I got Smash Bros. Brawl and 2 Blu-Ray movies: Paprika and Justice League: The New Frontier for $73.98 shipped. it will suck to wait for slow shipping, but you can't beat the savings.

I got my answer from Google.

"Thanks for your interest in the $20 off $80 bonus. This promotion is
currently limited to a select group of Buy.com customers."

I guess my money isn't good enough for them.

i got the e-mail yesterday and i'm not sure what to buy with it... R6V 2 is pre-order and from the post above, i don't think it will work.

[quote name='eastx']Nice deal! I got Smash Bros. Brawl and 2 Blu-Ray movies: Paprika and Justice League: The New Frontier for $73.98 shipped. it will suck to wait for slow shipping, but you can't beat the savings.[/quote]

In my experience, even the slowest shipping option only takes a couple of days so you'll probably get it sooner than you expect. I believe they use fedex ground which has always taken 2-3 days for me to get stuff.

[quote name='JesusMcGee']In my experience, even the slowest shipping option only takes a couple of days so you'll probably get it sooner than you expect. I believe they use fedex ground which has always taken 2-3 days for me to get stuff.[/quote]

not here... I've had things take weeks to get here but I'm usually not in any hurry when I purchase things from buy.com (and I can't ever recall fedex).

I got the email but can't justify purchase anything when everything sold on the site is more expensive than Amazon. Plus you can do the 10 dollar deal with a new email/cc so I think I gotta pass on this one.

just ordered SSBB and John Woo's Stranglehold game and BD for $70 shipped... also, wife got the same promotion too. So if she got nothing to buy, i probably ask her to buy my stuffs.

[quote name='urge26']
I got the email but can't justify purchase anything when everything sold on the site is more expensive than Amazon. Plus you can do the 10 dollar deal with a new email/cc so I think I gotta pass on this one.[/QUOTE]

Lots of stuff costs the same too (such as most new release games), but I guess it depends on what you want...

Huh it seems i didn't get one of these on my main account but i got one on my secondary accounts. Now i gotta decide betwen
Zack and Wiki + Brawl = $65
or
No more Heroes + Brawl = $78

tough choice

I don't understand why buy.com offers free shipping on some items but not others. I am having a hard time getting $80 worth of free shipping items. Shipping kills this for me.

[quote name='Gage33']I don't understand why buy.com offers free shipping on some items but not others. I am having a hard time getting $80 worth of free shipping items. Shipping kills this for me.[/quote]

It could be due to sellers other than Buy, marketplace sellers, not offering free shipping. This is also why the Google Checkout deal doesn't work on all items.

bread's done
Back