$20 off $80 w/ Google Checkout @ Buy.com

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Weird. They never sent me any notice (Google Checkout has never sent me any sales notices) but for the first time it's finally working for me when I go to checkout.

I assume this is a one-time only use?[/quote]

Yep, it's one-time only. I just verified that.

Look time lurker...
Finally bit on the deal for Super Smash, Zack and Wiki + Saving Private Ryan (7 bucks to get me over 80)--- Total was 67 dollars shipped. I figured great deal b/c Zack and Wiki will eventually go to 20, Smash would eventually be 40, which is going to take a while and I got a decent, free dvd out of it.

Yes I just bought Guitar Hero III with wireless guitar for the PS2. I received the e-mail but I thought I would never use it so I deleted it. When you go to buy.com, it won't say anything about getting 20 bucks off using gc. It just says 10 off for new customers, but when you add it to the cart, enter your google checkout account, it will automatically take out 20.

[quote name='Se7en69']I never got any email and it is not working for me. Sure wish it did. Many books I want to buy.[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, I did get the email and it still doesn't work for me. I've tried several different items over $80, all from buy.com (not the other merchants), and the discount still doesn't show up :(. What's the point of sending out emails to people if the discounts don't even work?

[quote name='R0wdi']Is this offer now working for people who never received the email?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that out of my three accounts the only one that received this offer is the one I used at buy.com to get the $10.00 new sign up. The other two has not purchased from buy.com.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']If it makes you feel any better, I did get the email and it still doesn't work for me. I've tried several different items over $80, all from buy.com (not the other merchants), and the discount still doesn't show up :(. What's the point of sending out emails to people if the discounts don't even work?[/quote]

Ouch! You should email them. I think it expires soon!

I know this site is all about games, but if you're looking for a sick sound system to go with your console, Buy.com has the Logitech Z-5500 speakers for $209.99 - $20 off $80 = $190 shipped - $40 rebate = $150 total.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10380059

That is an excellent price on a great set of speakers (CheapyD actually recommended them on a CAGcast a month or so ago, if I recall).

I almost went culdcept saga + 4000 ms points which seemed perfect, but after waiting 6wks for my xbox360 to come back and finding out the DRM fun I'm in for (be logged in and online or bust, all the games come up as 'trial games' for the wife) it took the wind out of my sails

Went for culdcept (38.99), dead rising (29.99, havent seen better lately) and a 360/pc usb/card reader hub thing for $14.99 - all free s&h, no tax for me, not too shabby

Kicking around CC for game ($29.99 & up) +1600pt card ($10 off) tho I just used up dead rising, shame they didnt have culdcept. Might do Oblivion + ms point card there, or wait for GotY to come down. Some games I have to snatch up, some not so much.

Tho I did have Oblivion back in the day, my 360 couldn't keep it down - kinda like a cat with a furrball :b Gave up back then, maybe my new/repaired one could handle it a bit better...

i will start buying from buy.com when they fix their shipping policy

$34.99 shipping for a F-ing 12 months GOLD card. that's some fragile card

Man, just broke down and bought MLB 08 The Show and PES 2008 for a total of 90 after the discount. I guess I can wait and there will be some sales later on but these games just came out and are considered one of the best so I have to get them LOL. Anybody thinks the Sixaxis will drop in price once the Dual Shock comes out?

Has anyone gotten this to work without receiving the email? I already had a google checkout account and tried to check out but the discount will not be applied.

[quote name='BostonGeorge']Has anyone gotten this to work without receiving the email? I already had a google checkout account and tried to check out but the discount will not be applied.[/quote]

Yes, it worked for me. Couldn't find two games so I ended up picking up a Western Digital My Book Essential 500 GB for $93 after the $20 discount.

[quote name='espionage']Yes, it worked for me. Couldn't find two games so I ended up picking up a Western Digital My Book Essential 500 GB for $93 after the $20 discount.[/quote]

Oh you used the $20 off $100 discount. Hmmm...might have to think about that one. Does that promo end today too? Wish I only needed to do $80 but I might go for it.

I can't even get the $20 off $100 discount to work. All three games qualify for free shipping and are sold from Buy.com. What am I doing wrong?

Although the email claimed it expired yesterday, I was able to use this today to nab Lost Odyssey + guide for $65.70.

So, if anyone was planning on using this and forgot, it might still be good!

I didn't get any email, but a $20 off $100 coupon appeared in my cart at buy.com. I used it today (3/18) to get Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (plus other stuff). Almost OOS, though. It seems the coupon is still valid for some accounts.

[quote name='CKaz']I almost went culdcept saga + 4000 ms points which seemed perfect, but after waiting 6wks for my xbox360 to come back and finding out the DRM fun I'm in for (be logged in and online or bust, all the games come up as 'trial games' for the wife) it took the wind out of my sails

Went for culdcept (38.99), dead rising (29.99, havent seen better lately) and a 360/pc usb/card reader hub thing for $14.99 - all free s&h, no tax for me, not too shabby

Kicking around CC for game ($29.99 & up) +1600pt card ($10 off) tho I just used up dead rising, shame they didnt have culdcept. Might do Oblivion + ms point card there, or wait for GotY to come down. Some games I have to snatch up, some not so much.

Tho I did have Oblivion back in the day, my 360 couldn't keep it down - kinda like a cat with a furrball :b Gave up back then, maybe my new/repaired one could handle it a bit better...[/quote]

Have you tried re-downloading one of your arcade games with the account that purchased it? I heard that sometimes that fixes it.

Hmmm, this deal is certainly not dead... i just placed an order for Endless Ocean (Wii) and TC's R6V2 (PS3) for $64 shipped (after $20). It's like buy R6V2 and get a $30 game for free :) Better than all of the posted deals for R6V2 so far. Screw the $10 gc deal...

[quote name='Serpentor']Hmmm, this deal is certainly not dead... i just placed an order for Endless Ocean (Wii) and TC's R6V2 (PS3) for $64 shipped (after $20). It's like buy R6V2 and get a $30 game for free :) Better than all of the posted deals for R6V2 so far. Screw the $10 gc deal...[/QUOTE]

Just placed an order as well and it worked.

Nevermind. I thought it didnt work.

It doesnt expire until March 24th. You have to use the gmail that the email was sent to. I made a new gmail thinking I had to use a new gmail account and only got the $10. used the email that sent me the coupon and I got the $20 right off the bat.

I used this today as well, worked just fine. I never received an email for the offer; I've been signed up with Google Checkout for a few months. All I had to do was click the Google Checkout button under buy.com's "Proceed to Checkout" button. After I signed in with my Google account, the $20 off $80 appeared in magical green letters. Btw, I had to view the buy.com page in an IE tab for the Google Checkout option to even show up, my adblock extension seemed to be blocking it. Weird. Thank you op!

[quote name='weezyweazel']I used this today as well, worked just fine. I never received an email for the offer; I've been signed up with Google Checkout for a few months. All I had to do was click the Google Checkout button under buy.com's "Proceed to Checkout" button. After I signed in with my Google account, the $20 off $80 appeared in magical green letters. Btw, I had to view the buy.com page in an IE tab for the Google Checkout option to even show up, my adblock extension seemed to be blocking it. Weird. Thank you op![/quote]

It still won't work for me I signed in with GC and full price wham. No discount I hate Buy.com with a passion. Good for all of you though. I'm just as glad it did not work I would rather give anyone else my business.

It still doesn't work for me either, though I am guessing it is because I got the email sent to my yahoo account (which is linked to buy.com). I'm assuming you need to have your gmail account linked to buy.com as well as get the email for the $20 to come off.

It never worked for preorders.

If you didnt get the email, it wont work for you. I have a couple of gmails that got the $20 off $80 and a couple of gmails that didnt. The ones that did get it, worked. The one that didnt get the email, either didnt get any discount or only $10 (new unused account of course)

just got an e-mail saying the offer is extended to 3/24, so no wonder the "older" e-mail offer worked... basically, if you got the $20 off $80 e-mail earlier and forgot or can't find anything to buy at the time, you're still good till 3/24. Darn, still can't be used on MG Essential set :(

buy.com got strange shippings, i got the external hdd in one day (i was pretty shocked, it felt like ordering a pizza). For SSBB, damn, it took an entire week...

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']It still doesn't work for me either, though I am guessing it is because I got the email sent to my yahoo account (which is linked to buy.com). I'm assuming you need to have your gmail account linked to buy.com as well as get the email for the $20 to come off.[/QUOTE]

You don't need a gmail account. I was able to use it just fine on Saturday with my hotmail account (which has both a buy.com and a google account).

it only works on certain google checkout accounts. i have two: one for my gmail and one for my work email and only the work email got the deal. go figure

I just wanted re-iterate that I never received an email offer for this, though I have been signed up with Google Checkout for awhile. I may just be an anomaly, but if you're already a GCO customer it doesn't hurt to try even if you didn't get an email.

I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't seen it posted here. The magic green writing that showed up when I was checking out said the 20 off 80 was for select GCO customers.

[quote name='iazybandit']It never worked for preorders.

If you didnt get the email, it wont work for you. I have a couple of gmails that got the $20 off $80 and a couple of gmails that didnt. The ones that did get it, worked. The one that didnt get the email, either didnt get any discount or only $10 (new unused account of course)[/quote]

Thats not entirely accurate as I've never received an email but I'm able to just the $20 off on one of my accounts.

Picked up a PSP slim for $149.99 at buy.com, free shipping, no tax with the $20 off.

Showed up nicely on GCO and shipped on the same day. Very nice.

[quote name='eau']I just added more than $100 worth of in-stock games and the $20 off didn't show up for me at GCO.[/quote]Not every item qualifies for the discount.

bread's done
Back