20% off all PC titles at Circuit City (possible YMMV)

SL4IN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Went to my local circuit city yesterday to check out the pc stock and it had an ad posted that all pc games are 20%. It's not advertised in the sunday ad and I haven't seen anything online for it.

[quote name='Strell']YES!

Op lives near me! WoooOoOoo!

Can't really think of any PC games I want though. :p[/quote]

Orange Box? Bioshock? Guitar Hero 3? Those are some ideas for starters.

[quote name='hordak']Orange Box? Bioshock? Guitar Hero 3? Those are some ideas for starters.[/QUOTE]

Good suggestions, but I don't have a comp that could run them.

GH3 on a PC? Ew.

[quote name='Strell']GH3 on a PC? Ew.[/quote]
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. While you do need a monster of a computer, it is EXACTLY like its console counterparts. Somebody playing would not know they were on a computer; I have a media center in my living room plugged into my 52" LCD where I play ALL my PC games.

In other words, GH3 ROCKS ... MORE SO THAN GH2!!! :)

[quote name='Strell']Good suggestions, but I don't have a comp that could run them.

GH3 on a PC? Ew.[/quote]

Puzzle Quest.

apparently my friend just got back with The Witcher at 20% off. this was at another CC in Utah that's too far for me to drive to :p

[quote name='Strell']Good suggestions, but I don't have a comp that could run them.

GH3 on a PC? Ew.[/QUOTE]

when they mod it to allow custom songs, it will own all there is to own.

except rock band, since it doesn't have drums ;)

unless they manage to work in drum tracks, since the rock band drums do work on a pc :shock:

[quote name='lowenbotten']So is this deal legit?[/quote]

at my circuit city it was.

that's why I put possible YMMV.

I think it's legit, folks. I just picked up Galactic Civs Ultimate for $3.99 (regularly $4.99) here in Va. No notice on the receipt, just rang up $3.99 as if it was regular price.

BTW, has anyone else ever noticed the CC slogan printed on the receipt: "We're with you"?!?!? WTF does that mean! Did I just buy life insurance? :D

Went to my CC at lunch and they had a small photocopied sign saying that all PC games were 20% off. Sadly, all the games there had the original stickers on them. They must never be adjusted for price drops (WoW was still marked $50).

Anyone know of any threads that list PC game clearances/closeouts? I know there's a console one out there.

Sale was going on yesterday at my CC too, just to help confirm. They had what looked like an ad page posted above the main PC game shelf, with a printed sign that said, "20% off All PC Games."

Does Age of Empires 3 have any super nasty DRM or "activation"? I ask because it's published by Microsoft, and apparently Flight Sim X has "activation" :bomb:

Some good deals in here! I was actually at Circuit City last night, but didn't check the games. Doh!

[quote name='jalu6']
Anyone know of any threads that list PC game clearances/closeouts? I know there's a console one out there.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in this, too. Any games on sale that come out even better with the 20% off?

I know the Warcraft III Battle Chest is something like $32 this week, before any potential discount.

Don't know if this is relevant or if it's already been posted, but I also saw all console game strategy guides were 50% off.

Wish there had been Mario Galaxy CE copies. Bah.

[quote name='ddrpower']DO they have puzzle quest for the PC at CC? It's not on the website.[/quote]
I saw it there the last time I went to CC (two days ago), so at least the some stores carry it, if not yours.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Does Age of Empires 3 have any super nasty DRM or "activation"? I ask because it's published by Microsoft, and apparently Flight Sim X has "activation" :bomb: [/QUOTE]

I have AoE3 and both expansions, and none have any DRM past the normal CD in drive check. Highly recommended too, as they look great in wide screen.

[quote name='jalu6']I have AoE3 and both expansions, and none have any DRM past the normal CD in drive check. Highly recommended too, as they look great in wide screen.[/QUOTE]

Great, thank you!

Does anyone know if AOE 3 "gold edition" is 20% off in store as well? It's one the few PC titles on circuitcity.com that doesn't show the discount. I'm wondering if it's exempt for some reason.

God I hate CC's website. I searched to see if The Witcher was on sale, as I really want that game. What do I get in return for my search...Love Jones on DVD for 10.99.

What the heck? Anyone know if this game is part of the sale?

[quote name='Stingercjc']God I hate CC's website. I searched to see if The Witcher was on sale, as I really want that game. What do I get in return for my search...Love Jones on DVD for 10.99.

What the heck? Anyone know if this game is part of the sale?[/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, The Witcher is the first thing I thought of too when I saw this sale...but I get "Love Jones" too.

Not QUITE the same thing...although possibly close, who knows? It IS R rated and has "Strong Sexual Content" :lol: ;)

[quote name='mikeohara']thanks Op, I'll buy my OB/COD4 from the City :D[/quote]

But...you have OB/COD4 for the 360. At least your gamercard says so. Your money I suppose.

Anyone have any idea how long this will last? Can't go this week, today may or may not be the last day.

[quote name='ddrpower']But...you have OB/COD4 for the 360. At least your gamercard says so. Your money I suppose.

Anyone have any idea how long this will last? Can't go this week, today may or may not be the last day.[/quote]

I do own both, but I have a list of about 4-5 developers whom I will support with multiple copies across multiple platforms.

bread's done
Back