$20 off Blur Coupon

[quote name='matsam']I think it's only the 360 version at Walmart, and looking at the site right now, it shows the 360 version at $40 and PS3 version at $60.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I realized youre right. Ill have to go to BestBuy.

Went to Bestbuy and Every store in Ontario is apparently showing no stock according to the manager. The only store that has stock of the $39.99 version is Milton. Of course there are plenty of the "SPECIAL EDITION VERSIONS" that have the "LIMITED EDITION CAR -- ONLY AVAILABLE AT BEST BUY"..... This seems like BS lol. However that version sells for $59.99.

Had success at the Walmart in Kanata with the girl in the department. The guy was saying well it says not to be combined with any other offer it's on sale in the flyer...But do what you want. I smiled and said I have no idea I just got this because I was in the beta.

[quote name='Rastafari']Went to Bestbuy and Every store in Ontario is apparently showing no stock according to the manager. The only store that has stock of the $39.99 version is Milton. Of course there are plenty of the "SPECIAL EDITION VERSIONS" that have the "LIMITED EDITION CAR -- ONLY AVAILABLE AT BEST BUY"..... This seems like BS lol. However that version sells for $59.99.[/QUOTE]

The site was slow on the update today. The BB (Dodge Viper ACR DLC) exclusive version is $39.99.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Had success at the Walmart in Kanata with the girl in the department. The guy was saying well it says not to be combined with any other offer it's on sale in the flyer...But do what you want. I smiled and said I have no idea I just got this because I was in the beta.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks, I'm gonna try that tonight.

I've had no luck at that Wal-mart before though. Not with price matching or anything. Always an excuse.

Hope it works, I really want it for 20. I enjoyed the Beta enough for 20.

[quote name='shadow_nine']The site was slow on the update today. The BB (Dodge Viper ACR DLC) exclusive version is $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Yes finally, I placed 2 ISPUs...Ill be mad if coupon doesnt go thru, I already traded my copy at EB.
Hopefully out of 2 BB and 2 FS pricematch, one of them will accept it.

I've been denied at BestBuy in Laval, tried Staples right next to it, showed them the BestBuy flyer and they accepted the coupon, too!

PM+Coupon at Staples, you'll get it for around $22 with tax. Hope this helps!

Had no problems at the Ajax BB. The game is still priced at $59.99 on the shelf, but the 360 version scanned at $39.99 and the CSR barely even looked at the coupon.

$22.58 tax in.

got my $20 blur at Wal-Mart today :) They said it wasn't on sale until Tuesday but it scanned in at $39.89 (or whatever Wal-Mart's wacky price was) and they took the coupon even after noting the 'cannot be combined with other discounts'.

[quote name='vibinvo']Sorry to hear ppl are having a hard time. I had no problems with it at the WM at Heartland Mississauga.[/QUOTE]Headed there now.:D

After 2 rounds of arguments at a BB, manager finally said "Kid, you got balls and a hell of a mouth on you. Just punch it in as $19.99 for him." So I left with PS3 Blur and my pride still in tact.

For those who might hit problems, here's the list of things they threw at me and system errors I went through.
1. Game showed up as $59.99
I think the UPC for the non-BB exclusive is different from the BB exclusive. So they had to manually change it to 39.99.

2. BB is not an "authorized seller"
Lol, not authorized? Then you shouldn't be selling it right? All it says is for the retailer to accept the coupon and mail it in with proof of purchase to be reimbursed the $20.

3. Coupon is a fake.
No it's not, it's a legit manufacturer's coupon that was sent out as a gift to those who beta-tested Blur. It is a completely legitimate coupon.

4. Blur is already on sale and the coupon says not valid on sales or discounts.
If they say this to you, you are SOL. There's no arguing about that one because the coupon was meant for use on MSRP, not sales.

Good luck to fellow Canadian CAGer's. You might need it. So far I heard many denials on RFD.

Worked for me as well. Got it for 20.99 with tax at Best Buy. The guy didn't know how to scan it in so he had to get confirmation for it. Manual price reduction is what he said. Can't go wrong at that price.

I can also confirm that it worked at BB. Clerk used the coupon which took it down to 19.99 + tax, which came to 22.39. Whipped out my $10 RZ certificate, bringing my total to a paltry $12.39 for a new release. Epic win! :)

Just wanna ask, did your cashier or CS rep scan the coupon? The guys doing mine could get it to ring up so they had to manually adjust to $19.99.

Alright, got mine from Wal-Mart in Kanata without problems. Wasn't the same clerk(s) as the ones who helped you, PrincessZelda, as they hadn't seen the coupon before, but it went fine.

Only "bad" thing was the guy reduced the coupon amount ($20) AFTER he applied tax to the 39.99 price, so I paid around 25 dollars.

But I'm happy anyway :)

That is the correct way to do a coupon like that, $40+tax, minus $20

FS nad BB dont have a way to properly enter a coupon like this or the nintendo cereal ones so they end up gypping the government the tax revenue by just adjusting the product price

Worked at first BB (Taschereau). The CSR looked at it for a good 5 minutes. He understood it was from the Activision but he wasnt sure if BestBuy was in the list of sellers who can get refunded on that coupon. Finally, he called his manager who said OK.

Was I suppose to get a card for that exclusive car? I didnt get anything.
Grabbed Blue Dragon used for 7.99, been waiting forever for a price drop below 9.99$

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']
Was I suppose to get a card for that exclusive car? I didnt get anything.
Grabbed Blue Dragon used for 7.99, been waiting forever for a price drop below 9.99$[/QUOTE]

The car is in specially marked Blur games. They have the "Download this exclusive car" printed on the cover. The code is on a sheet inside. If you don't have the "exclusive car" on the cover, your copy doesn't have it. Same thing happened with the new Transformers game and the Jazz code.

[quote name='Spino']The car is in specially marked Blur games. They have the "Download this exclusive car" printed on the cover. The code is on a sheet inside. If you don't have the "exclusive car" on the cover, your copy doesn't have it. Same thing happened with the new Transformers game and the Jazz code.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see, well it was an ISPU so I couldnt look for it. Weird tho that the page online shows it....false avertisement

Denied at Langford BB, but it worked just fine at the Walmart two blocks away. The clerk sounded like she was about to make an issue of the "not valid with other offers or promotions" but I told her that only applied to other similar discounts applied at the cash register, not the price of the game itself.

Worked for me at Walmart in Toronto, but I got gouged on taxes (I paid the pre-coupon taxes). I wonder if corporate will eventually clamp down though, but oh well.

That's exactly how coupons are supposed to work - the idea is that the manufacturer is paying part of the bill. Think of it as a $20 IOU to the store.

But at any rate, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart tightens up on people using the coupon on what is already a discounted price.

Got my $20 Blur at futureshop after some initial problems at best buy. At first they didn't want to do it but, took the coupon after they saw the bestbuy price drop.

[quote name='bVork']That's exactly how coupons are supposed to work - the idea is that the manufacturer is paying part of the bill. Think of it as a $20 IOU to the store.

But at any rate, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart tightens up on people using the coupon on what is already a discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, it still feels bad considering all the people who got it for 22 bucks! Then again, the 3 dollars was probably worth not having to argue with people at a cash register.

I went to Best Buy in Montreal (Anjou), the printed coupon did not scan but after talking to the manager, they made it happen.

39.99 - 20$ = 19.99$ for a new copy of Blur, pretty cool...

The Best Buy in Winnipeg on Regent works, they will have to just call a store manager to get appoval to change the the manual price down as they need to log in with the store managers ID. But boom got it for $19.99

Also it says in store still that its $59.99, just ignore it and take it up to the front, don't ask, it will scan at $39.99

Walmart in Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu (quebec), doesn't accept it. I tried but... the store manager refuse to take my coupon. I paid 39,83 -> 44.96 with tax.

[quote name='Sabbyru']Walmart in Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu (quebec), doesn't accept it. I tried but... the store manager refuse to take my coupon. I paid 39,83 -> 44.96 with tax.[/QUOTE]

You could have gone to Taschereau (Brossard) Not too far...

Coupon was denied at Best Buy Whitby. Cashier told me it wasn't first time they've seen the coupon, but didn't know how to get it to work (didn't scan, and manually entering the numbers didn't work...) or what other clerks/managers did. The manager that came (Sean/Shawn?) said their system doesn't have this coupon and wouldn't call other stores.

Does anyone know/remember what their cashier did to get the coupon to work?

[quote name='addone']Coupon was denied at Best Buy Whitby. Cashier told me it wasn't first time they've seen the coupon, but didn't know how to get it to work (didn't scan, and manually entering the numbers didn't work...) or what other clerks/managers did. The manager that came (Sean/Shawn?) said their system doesn't have this coupon and wouldn't call other stores.

Does anyone know/remember what their cashier did to get the coupon to work?[/QUOTE]

They have to manually adjust the price to $19.99. It says on the coupon that Activision will reimburse the company at a later date.

BB Cambie in Vancouver works, just did it today.

$39.99 - $20 Blur coupon - $5 Reward Zone + Taxes = $17.39

Cashier scanned and inputted the numbers on the coupon any which way and still didn't work. In the end, she manually entered the adjusted price.

I bought blur ps3 at bestbuy in whitby, ontario today.

Cost me 19.99 with the coupon not including the tax.

no questions or anything, just took the coupon and entered the price in manually.

if i were you i'd go back and try again.

game is pretty fun as well.

Rage. Oshawa really needs a Best Buy (and then I pause and wonder if we really do...)

Thanks Heartless18 and cheapman79 (and waterboy99troop, just for kicks)!

Ugh, this was so annoying. It was Friday when I went to Futureshop and the clerk said, "It's a different version because we have some limited edition car." I went to Walmart and they scanned the PS3 version at $59. Apparently it was just the 360 version that was on sale, but at least I got that one at $20. However, I did manage to score an early copy of Sin & Punishment Star Successor at Walmart on Friday.

[quote name='Mr.']Ugh, this was so annoying. It was Friday when I went to Futureshop and the clerk said, "It's a different version because we have some limited edition car." I went to Walmart and they scanned the PS3 version at $59. Apparently it was just the 360 version that was on sale, but at least I got that one at $20. However, I did manage to score an early copy of Sin & Punishment Star Successor at Walmart on Friday.[/QUOTE]

This excuse was used on me as well. They they of everything they can to deny this coupon.

Going to try this today:

- Go to Walmart with coupon in hand for PS3 version
- Bring printout of 39.99 price from Bestbuy.ca on PS3 version, and force a Price Match
- Combine with Walmart $10.00 Gift Card received from work
- Score game for 9.99 + applicable taxes
- Enjoy then trade back to EB/GS!

I'll update if it all works out.

UPDATE: Totally worked. Spent about 30 minutes there going back and forth but it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hakken']The Best Buy in Winnipeg on Regent works, they will have to just call a store manager to get appoval to change the the manual price down as they need to log in with the store managers ID. But boom got it for $19.99

Also it says in store still that its $59.99, just ignore it and take it up to the front, don't ask, it will scan at $39.99[/QUOTE]

Last I heard BB Regent was not. BB St. James was not taking them on the weekend. Maybe it changed now.

Did you ask to speak to the manager regarding the coupon?

No dice at the Sunridge BB

Edit: But Airdrie WM was no problem. It was still showing 59.95, but rang up correctly. The guy had never heard of the coupon, but he gave me no trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried the BB downtown Toronto at Dundas and they refused it. Said they'd only take the mfr coupon if the item was regular price.

I went across the street to Futureshop and they would only do one of: price match with BB or $20 coupon, NOT both. :(

my local bestbuy wouldnt take it, they said it was a American coupon and it said Ontario on it and they dont take "these" types of coupons, i went to superstore and got it for $20

Since it didn't work for me at BB or FShop I went to the sherway WM and they gave me no trouble. It was already on sale for $39, and they took the $20 mfr coupon without a hitch.

bread's done
Back