20% off coupon for DeepDiscount.com - 06/06/08 to 06/22/08, Extended to 06/29/08

[quote name='JJSP']Hmm, the I Love Lucy collection would be around $115 or so instead of $160. Tempting.[/quote]

Keep in mind that Target has put that boxset on sale for $109 twice during the last quarter.

[quote name='speedy1961']Keep in mind that Target has put that boxset on sale for $109 twice during the last quarter.[/quote]
This is why you're the man, Speedy. I'll keep patiently waiting for Target then. :)

My girlfriend would be a very happy person if I could pick the set up cheap.

[quote name='speedy1961']Keep in mind that Target has put that boxset on sale for $109 twice during the last quarter.[/quote]

[quote name='JJSP']This is why you're the man, Speedy. I'll keep patiently waiting for Target then. :)

My girlfriend would be a very happy person if I could pick the set up cheap.[/quote]

Unless your tax rate is less than 6%, it would be cheaper on DD (free shipping, ya know). Plus, who knows when Target will put it on sale again. Might be better to pick it up from DD.

I'll probably be spending too much over the next couple weeks. I'm looking at $400+ for this sale.

Maybe I'll try to order "Dinosaurs" from them again, but after the last very times I haven't been pleased.

fuck them, they raised the prices again.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Unless your tax rate is less than 6%, it would be cheaper on DD (free shipping, ya know). Plus, who knows when Target will put it on sale again. Might be better to pick it up from DD.

I'll probably be spending too much over the next couple weeks. I'm looking at $400+ for this sale.[/QUOTE]
I did the math wrong - it works out to $123.98 ($154.98-20%/31.00) shipped, unless Deep Discount charges tax to customers living in CA. Our local tax is 7.75%, which would make it $117.xx if Target had it on sale at $109. Only a $5 difference, it seems.

I'm aiming for a $100 budget. Not sure what I want though. My thoughts are...

Pokemon Season 1 Set 2 (so I can get rid of my single dvds and gain some space)
Sabrina the teenage Witch season 2
Melancholy of Hizuari vol. 3 and 4
2 different scooby doo films that are like 7 or 8.
full house season 7

May or may not kick the SD films and buy home improvements final season.

Since I just started a new job and blew all of my extra money (and then some) at Fanime, I can't really afford anything. I bet I'll still end up getting something... :p

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Awesome. I will be using this on the second Devil May Cry DVD, which, until moments ago, I had no idea had been released already.

If anyone knows, could someone tell me if there's a difference between this DVD and this one? They're both "Level-2", but the cases are different. Is this just a collectors thing? Or is there an actual difference in the DVDs?[/quote]

The more expensive one includes a box to hold the three discs.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Devil-May-Cry..._bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1212208375&sr=8-6

Non-box version: http://www.amazon.com/Devil-May-Cry..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1212208375&sr=8-1

I'll be spending around $150 (before the discount) on the following anime Boxsets :

Baki the Grappler Season 2
Dragonbal Z Season 5
Trinity Blood Complete
Cowboy Bebop Remix Complete

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I'll be spending around $150 (before the discount) on the following anime Boxsets :
Cowboy Bebop Remix Complete[/quote]
Anyone know how this holds up to buying them individually (besides being much cheaper?) I always find the Anime Legends sets to just seem so, cheap. Did these discs lose a lot of features, or are we just looking at a collection of the original discs in a crappier box?

[quote name='JJSP']I did the math wrong - it works out to $123.98 ($154.98-20%/31.00) shipped, unless Deep Discount charges tax to customers living in CA. Our local tax is 7.75%, which would make it $117.xx if Target had it on sale at $109. Only a $5 difference, it seems.[/quote]

I was just going off of you saying it would be $115 after the discount (didn't check the price). DD is based out of Illinois, I believe, so you wouldn't have to pay tax in Cali.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Anyone know how this holds up to buying them individually (besides being much cheaper?) I always find the Anime Legends sets to just seem so, cheap. Did these discs lose a lot of features, or are we just looking at a collection of the original discs in a crappier box?[/quote]

Obviously from a collectors standpoint the singles are much better than a value boxset....maybe even to a person who does watch extras on a disc....as for me though,out of the roughly 1,000 dvds I've watched I've probably hit the "extras" option on a dvd about 20 times total;so even if there are not extra features (although I'm not saying there isn't) it wouldn't bother me...I just want the episodes....

My list:

Beast King GoLion Vol 1 $21.53
Dario Argento Box Set $30.38
Miike Collection 1: Bodyguard Kiba $12.30
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky $19.75
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Vol. 3 $24.04
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Vol. 4 $36.52
The Yakuza Collection: Full Metal Yakuza/Wild Life/Onibi: The Fire Within $23.60

Free Ship
Total $168.12
Total After Coupon: $134.50

Lots of Miike for me. Some of these are hopefully back in stock for the sale.

Damn.

The only thing I really want right now on DVD is Stargate SG-1. Unfortunately, Amazon has all 10 seasons for $25 a box. DD has them at $37.10. Looks like I might be skipping this sale for once.

A friend got me to watch Cowboy Bebop earlier this year and I enjoyed it, so I'm buying Outlaw Star during the sale (along with Cowboy Bebop and the movie). Does anyone know the difference between the two releases besides the price? They have a red box version for $32 and a black box version for $40.

[quote name='Kaijufan']A friend got me to watch Cowboy Bebop earlier this year and I enjoyed it, so I'm buying Outlaw Star during the sale (along with Cowboy Bebop and the movie). Does anyone know the difference between the two releases besides the price? They have a red box version for $32 and a black box version for $40.[/QUOTE]

I believe the red box is a single case while the black box (i have) are all the individual volumes in separate cases.

[quote name='Turbo42']Damn.

The only thing I really want right now on DVD is Stargate SG-1. Unfortunately, Amazon has all 10 seasons for $25 a box. DD has them at $37.10. Looks like I might be skipping this sale for once.[/quote]

The whole series is $110 (or there abouts) at Costco right now.

I'm in NY, do I have pay sales tax for DDD now? Darn you blind governor. You should not be able to sign the darn bill if you can't read it. :bomb:

[quote name='hero101']I'm in NY, do I have pay sales tax for DDD now? Darn you blind governor. You should not be able to sign the darn bill if you can't read it. :bomb:[/quote]

Wow you are an asshole.

I have to pay online tax from some sites and not others, online tax as a whole is a joke.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Wow you are an asshole.

I have to pay online tax from some sites and not others, online tax as a whole is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Well if you are in the same state as the shipping office or main company you usually have to pay tax, I live in Illinois so I always have to pay tax from DDD. Im surprised the guy in ny has never had to pay tax from a local shipper.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Anyone know how this holds up to buying them individually (besides being much cheaper?) I always find the Anime Legends sets to just seem so, cheap. Did these discs lose a lot of features, or are we just looking at a collection of the original discs in a crappier box?[/QUOTE]
No extras have been lost. They're the same discs in a "crappier box."

IIRC some years it's gone up in the late evening the night before-- like even before midnight EST (although not a whole lot, maybe 1-2 hours early). No promises, obviously, but definitely keep an eye out.

Best way to do it is load up a wish list NOW so as soon as it goes live you can throw everything in a cart and check out, as the site gets hammered/slow very quickly and browsing is painful.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Well if you are in the same state as the shipping office or main company you usually have to pay tax, I live in Illinois so I always have to pay tax from DDD. Im surprised the guy in ny has never had to pay tax from a local shipper.[/quote]

You're such a dick, Bigdaddy. I wasn't even attacking you. Not sure why you are attacking if I haven't done anything to you. Darn you newbies make no sense.

Edit: Hmmm, I had wrong the wrong person. The dickhead is Bigdaddy. Sorry Dragonsbane. All those quotes are confusing sometimes.

[quote name='hero101']You're such a dick, Dragonsbane. I wasn't even attacking you. Not sure why you are attacking if I haven't done anything to you. Darn you newbies make no sense.[/QUOTE]

Wow not even an attack, if anything it was a response to the one post calling you an asshole....

Anyhow, as a general rule, you pay sales tax if the place you're ordering from has a pyshical location in your state (meaning they have a business license/sales revenue to report to said state.) Don't quote me on that, I'm going from memory and I just woke up, so...

The asshole wasn't asking about sales tax, he was making fun of the fact that the NY governor was blind. For that I called him an asshole.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The asshole wasn't asking about sales tax, he was making fun of the fact that the NY governor was blind. For that I called him an asshole.[/quote]

Well, he is blind. I didn't lie about that. And you're the asshole. I corrected my other post. I'm just mad about the internet sale tax.

[quote name='Justin42']IIRC some years it's gone up in the late evening the night before-- like even before midnight EST (although not a whole lot, maybe 1-2 hours early). No promises, obviously, but definitely keep an eye out.

Best way to do it is load up a wish list NOW so as soon as it goes live you can throw everything in a cart and check out, as the site gets hammered/slow very quickly and browsing is painful.[/quote]

Now that u mention it,I do remember that happening a few times,I'll keep an eye out for that...As for the wish list,I've had my wish ready since the last 20% sale ended lol...but its definitely a good tip for those trying to get they're orders in before everything goes out of stock

anyone else having trouble with the site? maybe it's just my connection, but i can't get past the homepage at all. and that sucks because i was planning to make my order tonight.

[quote name='chimpster1313']anyone else having trouble with the site? maybe it's just my connection, but i can't get past the homepage at all. and that sucks because i was planning to make my order tonight.[/QUOTE]

not a good idea since the coupon doesn't start until 6/6 and tonight is 6/3

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']No extras have been lost. They're the same discs in a "crappier box."[/quote]Thanks, that's good to know. And I say crappier box just because in my experience the Anime Legend titles don't look as nice; slimmer, but not as nice. I think it's the banner that says anime legends on it. But for the price it's much more attractive than individual dvd's.

I'm going to order a bunch of $12 HD DVDs. Right now I'm looking at...

Children of Men
Inside Man
Fearless
Carlito's Way
The Pianist
Hot Fuzz
Eastern Promises
Unleashed
Pitch Black
American Gangster

Ouch >_< Looks like $100 total

I'm going to order a bunch of $12 HD DVDs. Right now I'm looking at...
This is my plan, as well. Have been watching a lot of those $12 HD-DVDs. Getting them to around $10 each will make the deal appealing. Cheap hi-def movies are the best.

EDIT: Looking at their HD-DVDs right now, I notice that some have dropped. Last week, when I ordered Fast Times and Children of Men from iNetVideo, they were still about $18 on DD. Now, they are down $12. There might be more.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This is my plan, as well. Have been watching a lot of those $12 HD-DVDs. Getting them to around $10 each will make the deal appealing. Cheap hi-def movies are the best.

EDIT: Looking at their HD-DVDs right now, I notice that some have dropped. Last week, when I ordered Fast Times and Children of Men from iNetVideo, they were still about $18 on DD. Now, they are down $12. There might be more.[/quote]

Glad you guys mentioned this, I hadn't even thought about the cheap HD-DVD's. I suddenly found more things to buy :p

A Small List:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Vol. 1 $39.69 ($31.75)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind [HD DVD] $11.98 ($9.58)
Hot Fuzz [HD DVD] $11.98 ($9.58)
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law - Vol. 2 $11.07 ($8.86)
The Venture Bros. - Season 2 $24.26 ($19.41)
Lupin the 3rd - 1-5 Movie Pack $19.80 ($15.84)
Lupin the 3rd Movie Pack - Final Haul $19.80 ($15.84)

If prices stay the same, about $110, although I might drop Haruhi and Venture Bros, or most likely everything since I'm in a stupid 'in-between' time with work (just got a new job but won't be getting paid for a couple more weeks I think).

I have a couple questions. . . If something is out of stock, would I be able to order it and get the sale price, then have them send it when they get it in?

Also, is this good on just DVD's, or is it also good on video games/cd's/posters etc.

Thanks a bunch!

[quote name='Pyloric']I have a couple questions. . . If something is out of stock, would I be able to order it and get the sale price, then have them send it when they get it in?

Also, is this good on just DVD's, or is it also good on video games/cd's/posters etc.

Thanks a bunch![/quote]
If it's out of stock you get it for the sale price. It's not good on preorders though.

In the past the codes have only worked with DVDs, Blu Ray and HD DVD (and maybe DVD shelves).

i think the coupon might be active soon

this morning i put stuff in my cart and applied the code and it worked

did some things and went to add more and check out and now it says coupon not active, hope they don't raise the prices

bread's done
Back