20% off entire order @ goHastings.com

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Code: WIN0810 (Must logged in to see the discount, no guest)

Works on new, used, previously viewed, pre-order, cd, blu-ray, dvd, ps3, xbox 360, wii, video game and system, etc....

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Edit: If coupon doesn't applied, go to your account [/FONT]and check the I want offers through email box then try it again. Thanks to hooker with a wenis.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='timberwolfbobby']How did I never know about this site before?? I was going to take advantage of the B2G1 sale at GS.com. Planned to pick up Bad Company 2, Batman & MUA2. With B2G1FREE, SAVER and EDGE, it came out to almost 67 dollars. At Gohastings? Even with 6 dollars in shipping, I only paid 55.37 thanks to the 20% off code.

I then proceeded to pick up Fable: The Lost Chapters from Amazon with that very 11 dollars I saved (10.99 plus Free 2 Day). I'd been trying to find that game for a good price everywhere!

Ahhh...a good day indeed. :)[/QUOTE]

indeed, i thought GS and Kmart were awesome with game deals, but goHastings takes the cake.

Three questions for people who know, since I've never ordered from GoHastings:

1.) Do they take forever to ship preorders? I don't need games on release day, but sometime within a week of release would be good.

2.) Is their packaging usually adequate? (Particularly for larger items like Collector's Edition boxes)

3.) Is it easy to cancel specific games from a preorder, or do I have to cancel the entire preorder?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

[quote name='henryVIII']Ugh, just received my copy of Just Cause 2 and there is a large, circular scratch in the middle of the disc. Impossible to miss.

Needless to say, my Xbox will not play it.

Not sure how this passed GoHastings quality control tests. Had anyone even glanced at the disc during some point in the process, it should have gotten pulled and never shipped out to a customer.

Wonder if they even test these games before shipping them[/QUOTE]

Yup they send me lemons like that to. I think they get lazy or worse know about it and sell it anyways. I got games so filthy there or so badly scratched they would not even work in 3 360's. There CS is a bunch of liars as well. I will not get into why but i wish you luck returning it and them actually refunding you the money. Just keep hounding them and do not wait to long so you can not file a claim with the bank if need be.

When they come playable i love this place through.

Thanks! Just used this to pick up Starcraft 2 for $50.27 shipped!

It did take some fiddling to get the code to work.
I created new account, added item to my cart, filled in info till credit card page where you can put in your discount code, entered the code, and it worked.
But once I saw that it worked, I went back to poke around and do more shopping, and when I tried to check out again the code was already listed as entered but I was no longer seeing my discount.

To make it work, I had to:
1) Remove my code from applying
2) Remove all items from my cart
3) Double check my account and check the box for email subscriptions
4) Add item back to cart, check out again, fill out all info
5) Re-enter and apply code as the last step on page w/ credit card info

Then it worked! A hassle, but worth it to save $12.

[quote name='bugeeker']Thanks! Just used this to pick up Starcraft 2 for $50.27 shipped!

It did take some fiddling to get the code to work.
I created new account, added item to my cart, filled in info till credit card page where you can put in your discount code, entered the code, and it worked.
But once I saw that it worked, I went back to poke around and do more shopping, and when I tried to check out again the code was already listed as entered but I was no longer seeing my discount.

To make it work, I had to:
1) Remove my code from applying
2) Remove all items from my cart
3) Double check my account and check the box for email subscriptions
4) Add item back to cart, check out again, fill out all info
5) Re-enter and apply code as the last step on page w/ credit card info

Then it worked! A hassle, but worth it to save $12.[/QUOTE]

All I had to do was add items into my cart and apply the code and it worked. No hassle at all.

So we've determined that they probably have the best overall quality in used games, but how do they fare for used books? I'm looking at a view at a ridiculously good price, even with shipping, but I wonder if they'll come bent or stained. Any user experience there?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So we've determined that they probably have the best overall quality in used games, but how do they fare for used books? I'm looking at a view at a ridiculously good price, even with shipping, but I wonder if they'll come bent or stained. Any user experience there?[/QUOTE]

I've only ordered one book from them and it was a little beat up. I'm sure it differs case by case.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So we've determined that they probably have the best overall quality in used games, but how do they fare for used books? I'm looking at a view at a ridiculously good price, even with shipping, but I wonder if they'll come bent or stained. Any user experience there?[/QUOTE]

It's hit and miss. The books in-store are often thumbed through. The strategy guides are usually in pretty poor condition, especially. On top of that, they'll ship it in an oversized bubble mailer.

Their policy won't accept trade-in books with any writing (including author signature) and they're pretty strict on bends/folds/flaps and stains.

Ok, thanks guys. I was surprised to actually find the same book New on Amazon for a dollar cheaper (3rd party seller, but still)

Oh, I ordered few used books from GH, man, the quality is top notch, virtually no difference when compared to a new copy in the stores.

trust me, if you can find a used copy of the book you want, just go for used.... GH's new book prices are outrageous!

[quote name='thelonepig']It's hit and miss. The books in-store are often thumbed through. The strategy guides are usually in pretty poor condition, especially. On top of that, they'll ship it in an oversized bubble mailer.

Their policy won't accept trade-in books with any writing (including author signature) and they're pretty strict on bends/folds/flaps and stains.[/QUOTE]

That is odd i got a guide a few months back with a kids name on the back cover.

I also got a game disc once with a name on the inside ring of the disc to. I did not that bad since it came in nice condition.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']How is gohastings with used games in regards to box/manual being included?[/QUOTE]

For me, everything came complete - game, manual, case - condition depends. For me, everything came mint or close to mint but then again I only bought PS3 and a few Wii games.

[quote name='JYabbz']For me, everything came complete - game, manual, case - condition depends. For me, everything came mint or close to mint but then again I only bought PS3 and a few Wii games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered a PSP game (only came to 8.34 with coupon). Be nice to get the case and manual, but if not I can survive.

So these guys have definitely won my business going forward. Placed my order Thursday night with standard shipping. Didn't even get a confirmation of my order being processed until Friday afternoon, and I got all 3 games in the mail today. All 3 with original cases, discs all in good condition. Bad Company 2 even has one of those VIP codes, though I haven't checked to see if it works yet or not.

Regardless, I'm very satisfied.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']So these guys have definitely won my business going forward. Placed my order Thursday night with standard shipping. Didn't even get a confirmation of my order being processed until Friday afternoon, and I got all 3 games in the mail today. All 3 with original cases, discs all in good condition. Bad Company 2 even has one of those VIP codes, though I haven't checked to see if it works yet or not.

Regardless, I'm very satisfied.[/QUOTE]

I got NCAA Football 11 from them as a used game, and it had the Online Pass unused. Sometimes people don't care about that kind of stuff.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Yup they send me lemons like that to. I think they get lazy or worse know about it and sell it anyways. I got games so filthy there or so badly scratched they would not even work in 3 360's. There CS is a bunch of liars as well. I will not get into why but i wish you luck returning it and them actually refunding you the money. Just keep hounding them and do not wait to long so you can not file a claim with the bank if need be.

When they come playable i love this place through.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've had horrible experiences with their customer service in the past when I contacted them through email. Half the time I wouldn't even get a response, and the other half of the time they didn't resolve (or attempt to resolve) my issue.

I called them this time around and the rep was very pleasant and sent me a pre-paid label to mail the defective game back. I am crossing my fingers they actually send me a replacement working game, but so far, so good.

I keep hearing how pleased with GoHastings people are. Maybe its just my bad luck, but my 3 orders with them thus far were botched.

[quote name='JYabbz']Pretty sure it is, I tried the coupon again on another order by checking and unchecking the email option and still no go. I think the best option is to set up another account or wait for the next b2g1 sale.[/QUOTE]

I also tried to use the coupon a second time with no luck.

The prices are really cheap but the first game I ordered from there, Borderlands, was in the case but not set in the middle, so it was all scratched. Still played great, but I'm not going to be able to trade it later if I wanted to.

thanks worked great, just what i was looking for 2.

I ordered demon souls a few months back and it came in great shape.. with booklet and all even art book.
thanks OP

Im sure its been mentioned in the thread, but $45 shipping for a new xbox is a crazy! Even with the 20% off, the total is still 309 after shipping and tax!

I got a used copy of Lego Star wars the complete saga for 10 bucks shipped. It looked practically new, had the case and manual. I ordered it and got it in about 3 days.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Prototype
Lost Planet 2
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Prince of Persia
John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Resistance 2
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

they came every day of the week it was like my birthday everyday ahahahah

how are the reviews on their used games? I'm looking at RDR but i wanna make sure the case and everything comes with.

Edit: Nvm....codes expired...too late :(

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Very unhappy with GoHastings service...they actually sent me the wrong game, and now the one I ordered is listed as OOS.[/QUOTE]

also not thrilled. there was a dvd for.. adults with very trashy tastes.. inside of the beatles: rock band i was shipped

and the resistance 2 game case had the resistance 1 disc inside

so 2 of the 8 games i ordered had serious problems

[quote name='sadakou']Damn, promo ended on pay day.

Hope they have a similar sale (or B2G1) in the near future.[/QUOTE]

It seems they always have one every month i think on sept 13 in store or online everything used will be 30% off

i ordered GOW 3 and 3dot heroes during last sale for 40 flat shipped and it came in excellent condition with manual and original cases. Love GOHASTINGS:bouncy:

[quote name='gospelman']also not thrilled. there was a dvd for.. adults with very trashy tastes.. inside of the beatles: rock band i was shipped

and the resistance 2 game case had the resistance 1 disc inside

so 2 of the 8 games i ordered had serious problems[/QUOTE]

bad luck then. Mine all came with mint discs and manuals and only the ratchet and clank game had a odd chewed case.

[quote name='DynamiteShikoku']bad luck then. Mine all came with mint discs and manuals and only the ratchet and clank game had a odd chewed case.[/QUOTE]

I got a copy of Alan Wake that looked like it was never used. Heck, it smelled like a brand new game. Even came with The Signal DLC.

I know that doesn't help the ones who get screwed. But in terms of getting quality used games, GoHastings > GS every day.

bread's done
Back