20% Off - FPS Freek Now Available 360 PS3

Chris.fms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
20% OFF - FPS Freek- Now Available! XBOX 360 PS3 From email I just received from them.

[quote name='From KontrolFreek.com email']http://www.kontrolfreek.com/conte...s/fpsfreek

I am glad to announce to you faithful customers that our store is now open for orders on the FPS Freek. As promised, your discount code is below and feel free to shop away. I do have a few things I want you to read first, please.

First, the FPS Freek is like any product on the market that is different from what you are use to. It takes some getting use to, so we ask that you do not judge the FPS Freek until you have used it at least 4 hours or close to that. Some people adjust quicker than others, but you will need some time to get adjusted to the product. After you feel comfortable with the product, we ask that you remove the product and then play without it and see the difference. We have a feeling you will never go back to playing without them.

Second, due to the excessive pre orders, the product will not be shipping until Feb 9 - 11, this does not mean you should wait on placing your order. We ask that you get your orders in quick so we can begin packaging and shipping your orders first.

Thank you again fellow gamers, I look forward to seeing you all online soon.

Discount Code - kontrolyourgame This gives you 20% off order.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...it is for the PS3. It works on BOTH controllers...I'm just wondering...they are $9.99 for a set of two...but $17 for a set of four. So isn't it cheaper to get a set of 4 instead of a set of 2?

[quote name='LegolasFett']Um...it is for the PS3. It works on BOTH controllers...I'm just wondering...they are $9.99 for a set of two...but $17 for a set of four. So isn't it cheaper to get a set of 4 instead of a set of 2?[/QUOTE]

Uh yeah. That's how buying in "bulk" works.

How much is shipping?

I can't find it on the website, and it isn't added to my order before the "Confirm Order" button.

Just not sure if it would help or hurt me. Either way, very interesting and good find.
Yeah, if anyone can figure out the shipping cost it would be very helpful.

[quote name='Rocko']How much is shipping?

I can't find it on the website, and it isn't added to my order before the "Confirm Order" button.[/quote]

About $5.

I'll give it a try. It's about $13 with shipping after the discount. Not really cheap, but I hope it's gonna make a difference.

anyone know if it works well on the ps3, all the reviews i find are for xbox only.

the ps3 is alot different than the 360 controller, im not sure if this product would be good for it, the analog sticks are already pretty tall. on a ps3 controller this thing would turn into a monster of a controller.

[quote name='lovemetal626']anyone know if it works well on the ps3, all the reviews i find are for xbox only.

the ps3 is alot different than the 360 controller, im not sure if this product would be good for it, the analog sticks are already pretty tall. on a ps3 controller this thing would turn into a monster of a controller.[/quote]

I'm thinking the same thing. It would probably make the left stick very odd, but it could work wonders for the right stick. I ordered a pair and I'll find out sooner than later.

They actually had an issue with the early tooling that caused issues with use on the ps3 and re-tooled them to be a tad shorter so that they wouldn't hit.

I have their speed freek add-on and it works great on both my 360 and ps3 controllers. It also works really well for skate when doing the tricks. I'm looking forward to getting the fps freek and testing out how well the leverage works for precision aiming. This should use me as a former hardcore pc fps player

Whoa! These look awesome - I'm huge into shooters and usually play them on the console. But I've always felt like I can never get down those shots which require a little precision. Always feel like I'm overcompensating. These look like they might help.

Thanks, OP! Ordered a set for PS3 and 360.

In the checkout comments tell them cpfms sent you please. Its not for any credit or anything but they kind of got ticked that i gave out the pre-order discount code and i would like them to know if i helped them at all.

Shipping kills this deal. $13.34 w/ coupon for what amounts to 2 cheap pieces of plastic.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']This would be amazingly cool if I cared about console shooters. M&K always wins![/QUOTE]

Actually, whenever I've read about an some internal focus testing being done with different input devices actually being pitted against each other, the controller almost always comes out on top, which would go against conventional expectation.

wtf is with their website? I'm on checkout step 4 of 2 (!?), and clicking on the checkout button directs me to paypal, which has nothing about fpsfreak or checking out.

i really want to get one of these for the ps3, i hate the dualshock3 analog sticks, they dont feel right.

my only worry is that it will raise the analog stick too high, as ive said before, the analog sticks are already tall on the ps3, its very different from the 360. and the placement of the analog sticks is very different, it might not have the same "advantage"

for those of you who bought it already, could you post back your thoughts when you get them?

thank you.

Lol, I am sorry, but just make a mouse for the consoles already ... this is getting pathetic. Joysticks are the most horrible control scheme for a shooter I have ever seen (for aiming, the movement is fine, of course).

I don't see how these sticks would actually make it that much better, seems kind of like a scam to me :p I have played quite a few console FPS games, but I am 1000's of times better with a M&K, I just don't see how there is a comparisson.

I would rather see a M&K team vs. a controller/analog stick team that would show something and would be interesting to see how it turned out.

on the 360 they seem pointless, but for the ps3 they could help, but waiting on ppls reviews first.

you are basically putting 360 type analog sticks on the ps3, the only bad part is it will raise it a little higher.

[quote name='lovemetal626']i really want to get one of these for the ps3, i hate the dualshock3 analog sticks, they dont feel right.

my only worry is that it will raise the analog stick too high, as ive said before, the analog sticks are already tall on the ps3, its very different from the 360. and the placement of the analog sticks is very different, it might not have the same "advantage"

for those of you who bought it already, could you post back your thoughts when you get them?

thank you.[/quote]

I'll see what I can do when I receive mine.
I'm looking just to stabilize the adjustments you make while trying to go for a precision shot. If this helps with those in the least I'll be a happy camper

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']This would be amazingly cool if I cared about console shooters. M&K always wins![/quote]

[quote name='MattVid']Lol, I am sorry, but just make a mouse for the consoles already ... this is getting pathetic. Joysticks are the most horrible control scheme for a shooter I have ever seen (for aiming, the movement is fine, of course).

I don't see how these sticks would actually make it that much better, seems kind of like a scam to me :p I have played quite a few console FPS games, but I am 1000's of times better with a M&K, I just don't see how there is a comparisson.

I would rather see a M&K team vs. a controller/analog stick team that would show something and would be interesting to see how it turned out.[/quote]

[quote name='lovemetal626']you are basically putting 360 type analog sticks on the ps3, the only bad part is it will raise it a little higher.[/quote]

That is the whole point of this product, to make the analog sticks more accurate. By extending the lever (the analog stick), you effectively raise the number of possible unique positions (i.e. resolution, sound familiar mouse people?) that can be achieved by the player.

It would be nice if they were cheaper, seeing how simple these are, and considering the fact that they probably cost all of $0.03 to make. I might order the speed/FPS combo, if the 20% off coupon will work on that too.

The speed/FPS combo does work with the 20% off. I just ordered that. I'm going to see if one of my friends wants to buy one of the extra speed freek attachments since you get two for $9.99.

Thanks for the heads up. I read an article on these months ago and thought the theory behind them sounded interesting...simple, but interesting. Well, as a gadget lover, I bought a couple of sets to test with my PS3 and 360. I'll try it on Killzone 2 in a few weeks and COD in the meantime.

if these things work great on ps3, ill be so happy

fps freek along side with the giotech "real triggers"

the dualshock3 might actually turn into a good shooter controller :D

[quote name='lovemetal626']if these things work great on ps3, ill be so happy

fps freek along side with the giotech "real triggers"

the dualshock3 might actually turn into a good shooter controller :D[/quote]

I've been wondering about those triggers. Are they pretty good?

I really like those triggers. I got them from Amazon.com for a decent price. It also came with some "armor" that clips over the front of the controller. I just tossed that thing.

What a lucrative business. A few cents worth of plastic turns a nice profit. Of course, they have to pay off R&D costs, but I bet they're doing well with this.

I ordered a combo set with the 20% off coupon. They have a new cart system they will be rolling out. They sent me a link to it, after I emailed about my previous attempt at an order failing.

$19.40 OTD shipped. ($17.50- $3.50 + $5.40). Hopefully these will work well for me.

Just got mine in the mail today.

I have to say, they're...slightly underwhelming. I guess I was expecting too much. They probably increase accuracy by a modest 15-20% (and that's being generous). But the important thing I was worried about, is that it doesn't get in the way. When you get used to them, they mesh pretty seamlessly. Although I'm not putting it on the left stick, because that just makes it feel awkward. I don't think anyone has moving precision problems. It's the right stick that matters. Thus, I plan on giving the other nub to a friend.

Overall, this thing helps, but costs too much. And the shipping is a rip. I'd only recommend these things as filler to an Amazon order to qualify for free shipping. But I'd recommend them heartily.

I received mine yesterday and i really like the feel of them. I thought they helped improve my hip aiming more so than scope aiming in COD WaW. That was a bigger problem for me though, so i was very pleased. I don't believe the shipping is a rip when it costs over $4.00 to ship priority. You are better off getting together with friends and going in together to order them though. That would help break up the shipping cost.

Luckily I do excellent already with a 360 controller, so good with it that I'm better with it then a mouse, so I don't need these. :twisted:

[quote name='Chris.fms']I don't believe the shipping is a rip when it costs over $4.00 to ship priority.[/quote]

I didn't word what I was thinking eloquently enough. Shipping isn't a rip, but it kills the deal. Because I spent 15$ on these, when honestly I feel that they're more likely worth 7-10$. If they were sold through Amazon, I'd recommend these things as filler to go along with a bigger order.

Also, it's a damn shame they no where mention on the site that if you want to put it on your PS3 controller, it WILL leave indentations on your controller. I don't know if that's the case for the 360.

I got mine today. They help me quite a bit. I am an "overshooter" so this helps w/ that prob. I am able to lead or follow a running target way better, also. I was pretty crappy at WaW and I got my deathmatch MVP challenge today when I was using them. That's just my 2 cents...........

I don't understand the need for these. I have been raised on video games and the 360 controller is like second nature for me. I already have a really good k/d in CoD and I hit 42 within the first week of halo 3.

I'm not trying to brag but I already feel I am kicka$$ with the 360 controller so can someone point out to me what this does and how it improves ones gameplay?

[quote name='BrolyB593']
I'm not trying to brag but I already feel I am kicka$$ with the 360 controller so can someone point out to me what this does and how it improves ones gameplay?[/quote]

Read around on their website or try them out. There are a lot of professionals who feel these helped their already "kickass" game. I like them and feel they help. Some people do, some people may not, but the only way to know is to try it for yourself and decide.

Yeah, I can't say they are for everybody 'cause everyone is different. All I know is I am not so kicka$$ and these helped me out. But.........isn't there always room for improvement for everyone? Unless you get number one every time................

I got mine yesterday as well and really like the feel of them. They work well for Quantum of Solace and other games, but I need to try them some more in the really short killzone 2 demo. The aim in that game just feels completely different when compared to other fps games anyway.

I plan to try them with resistance 2 tonight. It truly seemed like I was able to train in my cross hairs for easier headshots while using them and they're comfortable

bread's done
Back