20% off + free shipping on orders over $30 at SecondSpin.com

Uberslaughter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Forgive me if this is a duplicate thread, but I just got an email from second spin saying they were running this promotion through 1/9/09. The code you enter is FSTWENTY. Again, it's 20% off and free shipping on orders over $30.

[quote name='Uberslaughter']I've never had a problem with that and I've gotten maybe 8-10 games from them.[/quote]

I have purchased a good 15-20 games from them, and about 20% of them didnt come with original case, but the games were in decent condition. im just weird like that though @_@. Something about Wii and 360 games in a generic black jewel case makes me feel unsettled.

[quote name='Bezerker']The going rate of credit right now is $7.50 for every $16.25 credit, so i'll make sure to get in on this one.[/quote]
That's based on the trade in of what?

[quote name='Bezerker']The going rate of credit right now is $7.50 for every $16.25 credit, so i'll make sure to get in on this one.[/quote]

I noticed the magical mystery CD bought for $5 and traded in for $18.75 has gone down to $3 trade-in now, even though they still sell it for $34.99.

[quote name='Kerig']I noticed the magical mystery CD bought for $5 and traded in for $18.75 has gone down to $3 trade-in now, even though they still sell it for $34.99.[/QUOTE]

Kerig...your caption couldn't be more true! :applause:

but yes that magical CD has unfortunately gone down...very sad too..but it was a good couple years run

If you care about cases and manuals, it's a crapshoot with SecondSpin. I know that others have had good experiences but I have not.

I ordered 5 games from them and four of them did not come in original cases. Three of the cases were cracked (including the one original case) to the point of being nigh unusable: they either would not hold the discs securely or snap shut properly. One case was so badly cracked that the insert and outer clear plastic had a 3-inch tear.

One game was missing its manual and another game had a manual with its cover missing.

Even after several long calls, customer service refused to allow exchange or reimbursement, claiming that guarantees were made only for the discs' playability.

If you only care about discs, I will note that all the games I received played just fine. Three were near-mint and two were noticeably scratched but worked.

I guess the quality of the cases shouldn't have surprised me, as I'd previously visited their used CD shop in Sherman Oaks and it is the dirtiest music store in all of Los Angeles county. I left that store looking like I'd been in the coal mines all day.

My recent experience with Secondspin has been fairly good with regards to manuals, but over half the games had replacement cases. I don't mind so much with regards to Wii and single-disc Gamecube games (since you can still buy cases from Nintendo's online store), but anything else is a problem. And Secondspin doesn't authorize returns because the case isn't original (at least, based on my experience)...

I've also received remaindered items (marks/slash through the UPC barcode) of DVDs and CDs, which is also not a valid return reason (again, based on my experience with Secondspin).

That being said - I still plan on placing an order or two with Secondspin during the sale...

usually secondspin has some pretty rare games for cheap...just today i ordered Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (Xbox), .hack//Quarantine (PS2), Sniper Elite (Xbox) x2, and SW: Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast (GameCube)..and all of them except for .hack were $14.99..so about $12 after 20% off o_O

bread's done
Back