20% off import MUSIC GAMES (DDR, Taiko No Tatsujin, beatmania IIDX, etc...)

Damn, I was really excited about this until I saw that Guitarfreaks 4th Mix Drummania 3rd is no longer in stock. :(

Great find though, maybe I'll consider getting a Pop'n Music or Beatmania mix I haven't played yet.

I'm not sure how long its going to last. I plan on ordering TnT Special Pack on monday. Hope it lasts until then.

If you get into beatmania IIDX, I'd suggest either 6th or 7th style. If you get into Pop'n Music, I'd suggest PnM 8.

I wish I could get into Beatmania but i've never played it and there's chances of me not liking it but then again I pretty much like every single music game I own/played with an exception of Pop'n music since I only played it once at an local arcade and it seemed hard :oops: .

Man I would love to get Beatmania and a couple controllers. What would be the easier way to play imports on a NA PS2? I don't want to mod it and I have no clue what my options would be since I've only played imports on my ps1. Back thenhen I just used this thing that plugged into the back and you can set it to what region.

pop'n music is really hard at first, that's why there are 7- and 5-button modes as well as the "normal" 9-button mode.

beatmania IIDX is a pretty hard game. It features a 5 key mode that is pretty easy though as well as a beginners mode. 7 key difficulty is when it starts to get hard. I myself can beat a bunch of stuff on 7 key, like 7 star or flashing sevens, but this didn't come easy to me. It took about half a year.

[quote name='CouRageouS']What would be the easier way to play imports on a NA PS2? I don't want to mod it and I have no clue what my options would be since I've only played imports on my ps1. [/quote]

The easiest would be a fliptop, then a hacked version of hdloader, and then a chip (none of which can/should be disscussed futher here, try google). I really wish Sony had gone the same route as Nintendo by just putting region protection in that was trivial. I love the simplicity of the region switch on a GC and I wish Sony and MS had done the same.

If you're starting IIDX, skip 5 key mode entirely, and go for Beginner Mode in 5th, 6th, or 7th Style. 5key may only have 5 keys, but the patterns are REALLY hard for a beginner.

bread's done
Back