$20 off on orders of $99 or more GS online

meh i tried doing the 20 off 99 with two ff13s earlier and the fifa thing but it didn't work, im assuming you can't combine it with items on sale like that.

Edit -> "No combo/bundle deals or consoles"

Was considering this for the Metal Gear PSP bundle.

So unless I wanted to pay full price for Tony Hawk Ride, the coup is useless.

:(

Why does no coupons work on pre-orders anymore?? This really pisses me off I've been waiting for a deal on Fallout New Vegas for like a month now but no codes work on pre-orders. I'm assuming it's because everyone used the 25off deal and then just canceled their pre-order to get $25 off every game.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Why does no coupons work on pre-orders anymore?? This really pisses me off I've been waiting for a deal on Fallout New Vegas for like a month now but no codes work on pre-orders. I'm assuming it's because everyone used the 25off deal and then just canceled their pre-order to get $25 off every game.[/QUOTE]
I assume you mean 25% off every game, and no- that's not the case. Even when 25DEAL was active, you could use pre-orders to bump your total over the $100 mark and get 25% off in stock games. The reason they stopped allowing coupons to work on pre-orders is because A. 25OFF was never supposed to work on pre-orders in the first place, nor was it meant to be known by the general public, and B. Gamestop can't afford to sell $60 games on release day at $45 instead. It's a miracle our 25% pre-orders are still active in the first place.

Also, I just tried the coupon on both new and used games. It doesn't seem to work on either.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']The reason they stopped allowing coupons to work on pre-orders is because A. 25OFF was never supposed to work on pre-orders in the first place, nor was it meant to be known by the general public, and B. Gamestop can't afford to sell $60 games on release day at $45 [/QUOTE]

A) Where are you pulling your "facts" out of? If it wasn't supposed to work it sure was active a VERY long time. I'm thinking a couple weeks for sure as I recall ordering a LOT of games with 25off. Oh, and I recall there being a banner on the front page telling everyone about the code!

B) Yes they can. Gamestop's wholesale cost is probably very near $30. Why do you think K-mart is selling NEW RELEASE games for $39.99? Amazon? Best Buy? Fry's? Costco? Because they are still making a small profit and using low pricing to get customers in the store where they buy even more crap.

Speak with knowledge, not opinion.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Why does no coupons work on pre-orders anymore?? This really pisses me off I've been waiting for a deal on Fallout New Vegas for like a month now but no codes work on pre-orders. I'm assuming it's because everyone used the 25off deal and then just canceled their pre-order to get $25 off every game.[/QUOTE

it was 25% off totals of 100 or more

there was no way to get 25 off Each game

Now you could of stuck 75 bucks in preorders in and got 1 25 buck game and then cancell all the preorders to get 25% off that 1 25 buck game but that was the most they could o

[quote name='raiser']A) Where are you pulling your "facts" out of? If it wasn't supposed to work it sure was active a VERY long time. I'm thinking a couple weeks for sure as I recall ordering a LOT of games with 25off. Oh, and I recall there being a banner on the front page telling everyone about the code!

B) Yes they can. Gamestop's wholesale cost is probably very near $30. Why do you think K-mart is selling NEW RELEASE games for $39.99? Amazon? Best Buy? Fry's? Costco? Because they are still making a small profit and using low pricing to get customers in the store where they buy even more crap.

Speak with knowledge, not opinion.[/QUOTE]
A. I remember 25DEAL and 10AUTO being advertised on Gamestop's website, but not 25OFF. I could be wrong, but at least for a while, it was a "Gamestop Affiliate Exclusive Offer." And yeah, the code was active for a long time, but that doesn't mean it was active for a long time because it was intended to work that way. Many people who called or e-mailed about the situation (likely worrying that they're orders wouldn't be honored, especially after the coupon expired) were assured that their orders would be honored- but that it wasn't intended to work with pre-orders, and coupon codes like it in the future wouldn't work with them. Now, that's just what I've heard other people on CAG say, and there's bound to be some slip-ups every now and then that will allow coupons to work with pre-orders. It's just that there have been many, many opportunities for them to allow inferior coupons (like 15NEW and today's coupon) to work with pre-orders, and they haven't. Which brings me to my next point...

B. I never said Gamestop would be LOSING money per item- that's obviously not the case. My point is that they're in the business to make money, and if they know a lot of people will buy a game on release day at MSRP, why discount it? The only logical reason would be to draw in more/new customers or keep up with the competition. And if I were running a business, neither of those would EVER constitute a loss of 25% of my net income for items on their release days. But that's just my opinion. Forgive me if only facts are allowed on these boards.

bread's done
Back