20% off used games at Gamestop.com!

worshipsf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Yes it's back, though slightly smaller this time around.

20PRE - 20% off all in-stock used games. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or other hardware. Expires 5/24/2010 6/16/2010 11:59PM.

Stack with Edge discount for another 10% off (28% off total)

http://www.gamestop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you order from Gamestop online, are you still able to return a pre-owned game for full refund within seven days at a local Gamestop or online?

[quote name='Hugstable']Even if you order from Gamestop online, are you still able to return a pre-owned game for full refund within seven days at a local Gamestop or online?[/QUOTE]

Even better, you have 30 days if you order online.

Sweet, probably gonna bite and pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy and No More Heroes if I don't see anything good on Amazon's Wii Gold box thingy (sp?) tomorrow. Hopefully I get a real case for the preowned Trilogy, just saw my local gamestop have the game and the case is legit. :)

Hmmmm, not as good as the previous combined discounts i.e. the price cuts on God of War 3 etc. + 25% off $100 or more or $20 off $80 or more. I ended up getting GoW3 new, Dante's Inferno Divine Edition new and Uncharted 2 new for $26.20 each, and they arrived literally within a couple of days of the order. Thanks though.

Hmm So I'm gonna pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy for sure since I've heard great things about all 3 games, love the Metroid series but never got around to playing a single game of the Prime Series. With this it brings the price down to 30$. :). Just wondering if I should go No More Heroes 1 or 2, because pre-owned there are pretty much the same price. Is there much story from the first that I need to understand the story of the second game? or is the first game just as good as the second to where I should be playing it first anyway?

[quote name='jester55']I just got this to stack with Edge AND CAG16 and SAVER! SMB Wii for $22![/QUOTE]
It would have been cheaper than $22 had cag16 and 20pre stacked.

[quote name='dino88']It would have been cheaper than $22 had cag16 and 20pre stacked.[/QUOTE]
True - but I'm still surprised!

NOOOOO! Metroid Prime Trilogy is now not available online for preowned anymore either! I just can't justify paying 60$ for it :(

[quote name='jester55']True - but I'm still surprised![/QUOTE]
Huh? Still surprised about what? This place is confusing.

Thanks, picked up God of War 3 for $32 with free shipping. Keeping fingers crossed that I'll get the $10 credit as well, if no it's still cool :)

This is weird, I tried to get the three coupon codes to stack and this is what it gives me:
CAG16 - Receive $10 off your next online purchase. Order value must be at least $10. Any unused portion will be forfeited. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 4/28/2012 11:59PM. - Dragon Age Origins: Awakening

This is with CAG16, SAVER, and 20PRE.

[quote name='Hugstable']Hmm So I'm gonna pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy for sure since I've heard great things about all 3 games, love the Metroid series but never got around to playing a single game of the Prime Series. With this it brings the price down to 30$. :). Just wondering if I should go No More Heroes 1 or 2, because pre-owned there are pretty much the same price. Is there much story from the first that I need to understand the story of the second game? or is the first game just as good as the second to where I should be playing it first anyway?[/QUOTE]

NMH 1 and 2 are both good and different enough to compliment each other. The stories are connected, but not essential. Get both! :)

[quote name='Kaijuboy']NMH 1 and 2 are both good and different enough to compliment each other. The stories are connected, but not essential. Get both! :)[/QUOTE]

Yee! thanks for the suggestion, if I don't see anything worth grabbing on the all day Amazon Wii Gold box then I'm gonna order both NMH games for sure for 27.43 with free shipping. How often do they restock on Used games such as Metroid Prime Trilogy. I really wanted that game for a decent price, but now my only hope is a used copy at my gamestop for 47$ bucks. Don't have that full amount til I get a job so I'm just gonna go with the two NMH games to tide me over, since I also got money set aside for Galaxy 2. What would be the best way on finding a good deal for MPT? I want it really bad but for no more then 40$ at that. Is it really worth the 60$ that amazon is charging for it? I love Super Metroid and Metroid 2, but haven't tried any of the Prime Series. Anyway sorry for being redundant in this topic, I'm new to this site, really like the forums and deals that get posted here. :)

[quote name='Hugstable']Yee! thanks for the suggestion, if I don't see anything worth grabbing on the all day Amazon Wii Gold box then I'm gonna order both NMH games for sure for 27.43 with free shipping. How often do they restock on Used games such as Metroid Prime Trilogy. I really wanted that game for a decent price, but now my only hope is a used copy at my gamestop for 47$ bucks. Don't have that full amount til I get a job so I'm just gonna go with the two NMH games to tide me over, since I also got money set aside for Galaxy 2. What would be the best way on finding a good deal for MPT? I want it really bad but for no more then 40$ at that. Is it really worth the 60$ that amazon is charging for it? I love Super Metroid and Metroid 2, but haven't tried any of the Prime Series. Anyway sorry for being redundant in this topic, I'm new to this site, really like the forums and deals that get posted here. :)[/QUOTE]

The reason MPT is so expensive is because it's out of print. I don't even own a Wii and am constantly tempted to pick this up just to have for the future in case I get a Wii.

I almost ended up getting it today cause of this deal and could've had the game for 27$, but I took to long to order I guess, and by the time I was done putting in my info... sold out

blaaaaah

[quote name='jester55']I just got this to stack with Edge AND CAG16 and SAVER! SMB Wii for $22![/QUOTE]

I tried adding CAG16 and it used that coupon instead of 20PRE

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The reason MPT is so expensive is because it's out of print. I don't even own a Wii and am constantly tempted to pick this up just to have for the future in case I get a Wii.[/QUOTE]
I still see it new at Best Buy and Target. No reason to throw away $47 on a used copy.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I tried adding CAG16 and it used that coupon instead of 20PRE

I still see it new at Best Buy and Target. No reason to throw away $47 on a used copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked it up for $30 at Sears on clearance a few months back. I still see copies at both of my local Target's and I did see a few at my Best Buy. Not sure if it's still at BB tho. I'd recommend you check Sears (if you got one local) first since the price is very good there (or was).

Used this code today to pick up SSF4 used.

Original price 24.99, with 20% off add tax+shipping 25.05. Pretty happy w/ that.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='thedragon']Is there any real chance of a Ps2 game coming with case and instructions?[/QUOTE]

Every PS2 game I've ordered came with the original case, but no instructions... Oh, except for Psychonauts a couple years back.

[quote name='thedragon']Is there any real chance of a Ps2 game coming with case and instructions?[/QUOTE]

Your better off hoping for peace on Earth or Lebron to sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Your better off hoping for peace on Earth or Lebron to sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves.[/QUOTE]

QFT. The probability of getting a complete PS2 game, or even one with the bloody cover art gets worse with each passing day. I've gotten their junky generic cover art way too often.

[quote name='rawrker']QFT. The probability of getting a complete PS2 game, or even one with the bloody cover art gets worse with each passing day. I've gotten their junky generic cover art way too often.[/QUOTE]

I now only buy older used games from GS's website when I really don't care whether I get the complete package or not. 99.9% of the time they are not, although I noticed that they are now at least paper-sleeving the disc so it doesn't get scratched in transit.

thanks OP! I got Uncharted1 for 8 bucks by stacking my 10 dollar coupon, 20pre, EDGE & SAVER!! i'm surprised it worked!!! I was having trouble thinking about where to spend the coupon, but it stacks with this promo!! awesome.

[quote name='naiku']Used this code today to pick up SSF4 used.

Original price 24.99, with 20% off add tax+shipping 25.05. Pretty happy w/ that.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

What type of tax and shipping did you pay? Should have picked up a $0.99 game and stacked SAVER to avoid the shipping charge.

[quote name='Jinooka']thanks OP! I got Uncharted1 for 8 bucks by stacking my 10 dollar coupon, 20pre, EDGE & SAVER!! i'm surprised it worked!!! I was having trouble thinking about where to spend the coupon, but it stacks with this promo!! awesome.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've been trying that over and over and can't get it to stack with the $10 UFC contest coupon or the $10 RDR coupon.

[quote name='Jinooka']thanks OP! I got Uncharted1 for 8 bucks by stacking my 10 dollar coupon, 20pre, EDGE & SAVER!! i'm surprised it worked!!! I was having trouble thinking about where to spend the coupon, but it stacks with this promo!! awesome.[/QUOTE]

no way pix or it didn't happen.

Look again, although the coupons (20PRE and CAG16) both appear in the window, only the CAG16 actually applies.

well, y would i lie bout something so trivial?

While i can't show you any real proof, all i can go by is simple math.

Uncharted 1 is currently 24.99 used on GS online.

apply EDGE, then you'll get -2.50 = 22.49

apply 20pre, then you'll -4.50 = 17.99

apply saver for free shipping.

then apply 10 dollar coupon -10.00 = 7.99

EDIT= look below.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back