20% off used games at Gamestop.com!

worshipsf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Yes it's back, though slightly smaller this time around.

20PRE - 20% off all in-stock used games. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or other hardware. Expires 5/24/2010 6/16/2010 11:59PM.

Stack with Edge discount for another 10% off (28% off total)

http://www.gamestop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Used 20PRE, edge, and SAVER to get Monster Hunter Tri for $26.95 shipped with tax. I had $30 credit on my edge card, so good deal for me!

Anyone try using 20PRE and then calling in and having luck with the $10 off UFC codes? I have 2 $10 UFC codes (show up as 10% online but a call will fix that) as well as a $10 for buying SSFIV, but nothing stacks. Wondering if the call will work for UFC like my last purchase...been wanting a copy of Midnight Club LA CE for PS3...

[quote name='BiggNick']Anyone try using 20PRE and then calling in and having luck with the $10 off UFC codes? I have 2 $10 UFC codes (show up as 10% online but a call will fix that) as well as a $10 for buying SSFIV, but nothing stacks. Wondering if the call will work for UFC like my last purchase...been wanting a copy of Midnight Club LA CE for PS3...[/QUOTE]

Probably not as they pointed out when I emailed about the code that it can't be combined with any other offers.

[quote name='BiggNick']Anyone try using 20PRE and then calling in and having luck with the $10 off UFC codes? I have 2 $10 UFC codes (show up as 10% online but a call will fix that) as well as a $10 for buying SSFIV, but nothing stacks. Wondering if the call will work for UFC like my last purchase...been wanting a copy of Midnight Club LA CE for PS3...[/QUOTE]

I actually did have luck with this, although not with a UFC code but a $10 code from a cancelled order. Well, still waiting to see if they actually will credit my card as they said. Anyway, it's worth a try. At worst, you just cancel the order if they say no.

Edit: unlike the previous poster, I phoned rather than emailed.

[quote name='Tsukento']It isn't until just now that I've realized these $10/$20 coupons are useless. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make them into gift cards? Terribly limits your ability to stack anything.

Can't get 20PRE to stack with anything but Edge, and the coupon won't stack with anything but Edge either.[/QUOTE]
Exactly these coupons are no good what so ever in my eyes, and will continue to shop at Amazon. If you can't stack these then there really is no point in offering these things at all. They use these "fake" coupons to get you to buy from them, but you're never really going to use them since they don't stack.

[quote name='actripxl']Exactly these coupons are no good what so ever in my eyes, and will continue to shop at Amazon. If you can't stack these then there really is no point in offering these things at all. They use these "fake" coupons to get you to buy from them, but you're never really going to use them since they don't stack.[/QUOTE]

They're good for lightning deals and games under 20 but other than that, yea pretty worthless

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']They're good for lightning deals and games under 20 but other than that, yea pretty worthless[/QUOTE]
But when you consider you have to pay for tax and shipping its not really worth the coupon for even games under $20 since you can't combine them with free shipping codes.

[quote name='actripxl']But when you consider you have to pay for tax and shipping its not really worth the coupon for even games under $20 since you can't combine them with free shipping codes.[/QUOTE]

You can combine them with Saver on some games. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it, but last week I ordered Metal Gear Solid 4 used for 17.99. The $10 coupon code stacked with SAVER and EDGE and became a reasonably good deal.

I have never had any trouble stacking them (or anything else) with SAVER, keeping in mind the original cost has to be at least $25 before coupon. They're actually most valuable if you find a game near $11 that you want, as you can get it for about $5 after tax (over 50% off). Still, the Gamestop credits are more like souped up versions of the regular coupons, compared to Amazon credits that are almost as good as money.

Thanks. I'll take this to my advantage since I'm going to gamestop next week. This is actually pretty crazy. I only go to gamestop a few times a year and this is what happened

May: Pokemon Soulsilver
SMG2

I'll be trading in SMG for the "Best Deal of The Galaxy" thing that gets you 30 bucks for it. I have some money and possibly some store credit so hopefully I can find a used Modnation Racers. I know it's on my collection, but I knew I was gonna get it eventially.

If anyone's wondering why in the hell I would be trading SMG2. This is actually a pretty bad confession. I have yet to play the original... When I brought it I didn't know what to expect(my birthday was a day before it came out and I was planning to go there the next day. So I thought, why not?)

I overplayed the game and got addicted to it. I had gotten every single star(even the ones in grandmaster) and did all the luigi ghosts. Honestly I did not feel like playing it ever again since I had to play them so much because some of them were so hard, and I couldn't imagine ever wanting to replay it.

how are you stacking SAVER with the $10 codes? whenever I get to the last page, there's an error in red font that says I can't use the $10 with SAVER.

[quote name='Pollox']I have never had any trouble stacking them (or anything else) with SAVER, keeping in mind the original cost has to be at least $25 before coupon. They're actually most valuable if you find a game near $11 that you want, as you can get it for about $5 after tax (over 50% off). Still, the Gamestop credits are more like souped up versions of the regular coupons, compared to Amazon credits that are almost as good as money.[/QUOTE]

The $10 coupons are actually best on 24.99 games IMO.

I recently just bought a PS3 and picked up Killzone 2, Uncharted, and one of the Ratchet and Clanks for $13.50 each, used. And shipping is free even though it's one cent below $25.

Waiting to use my last code on Demon's Souls when they get that in stock.

Yea, you just have to be smart about using the $10 codes. I picked up Assassin's Creed 2 & threw in a $3 "filler" game to get free shipping (Sega Superstars Tennis :p). After $10 coupon, Edge & tax it came out to $14.71 shipped. Not bad at all imo. Oh, and I got another $10 code from AC2. ;)

Yeah I used my coupon on Demon Souls used and got it fr 13$ and two copies of NSMB. I still have one more 10$ and a 20$ but im unsure of what to use it on.

This deal still going on? Cause I don't want to go to gamestop later and not have enough money and look like a fool.

Shit... nevermind. GAMESTOP.COM

[quote name='ducci101']has anyone actually had an order with SAVER shipping take the amount of time it describes on the website? "5-10 business days"?[/QUOTE]

I ordered 3 games on 6/9/10 and they arrived 6/11/10. Shipped from TX to southeast US. However, this is my only recent experience using it.

Just got RDR for :ps3: and surprisingly, it came mint and complete :D and it only took 2 days to ship! :D

Placing an order for SMG2 for $28 shipped

[quote name='david12795']Just got RDR for :ps3: and surprisingly, it came mint and complete :D and it only took 2 days to ship! :D

Placing an order for SMG2 for $28 shipped[/QUOTE]

The exact same thing happened to me today. I was surpised it arrived so quickly and was thrilled to see it complete.

Sucks for those who paid full price for this just a few weeks ago. lol.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The exact same thing happened to me today. I was surpised it arrived so quickly and was thrilled to see it complete.

Sucks for those who paid full price for this just a few weeks ago. lol.[/QUOTE]:razz: The credit I used to buy it with cost me $15 in real cash to make the $60 in credit I spent.;)

And for my real money spent, I've had alot more than $15 worth of fun in the game already.:applause:

Same here with the SAVER shipping. Left Texas and got here in southern Nebraska today. Ordered on the 9th and arrived on the 11th.

I ordered RDR along with NSMB :wii: but it didn't make it :(

would've been nice flipping it again to gamestop but oh well there's always gazelle and plus i dont have NSMB lol

as for supaet: you need to place an order $25 dollars or more.

tried for about 20 minutes to get everything to stack but no dice. RDR for $39 with tax. i hope it comes complete.

Got RDR for $35 (came complete/like new with special edition slipcover) and about to pick up UFC 2010 for $35 as well. Just wish Mod Nation Racers would come in stock at some point and I'd be set for the summer.

:edit: ufc out of stock... :whistle2:( oh well.

[quote name='david12795']looks like it has been extended to june 30th...[/QUOTE]

wow, they are making it really hard to by a game in a GS brick and mortar store any time soon. I hope it isn't intentional.

If anybody is wondering how long the saver shipping takes to arrive, I had an order shipped to me on 6/14 and it arrived 6/17. It's pretty fast for free shipping so be sure to take advantage of it.

Thanks OP, at least someone understands discounts. Why can't people understand that 20% and 10% do not equal a discount of 30%?

[quote name='worshipsf']Yes it's back, though slightly smaller this time around.

20PRE - 20% off all in-stock used games. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or other hardware. Expires 5/24/2010 6/16/2010 11:59PM.

Stack with Edge discount for another 10% off (28% off total)

http://www.gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back