$20 off xbox live at Best Buy with GAMER code

I picked one up the last time they had this deal. I got the JOUST one with a free code for JOUST also ($50-$20). I may check again to see if I want to extend ANOTHER year.

I think YMMV with the links for Joust / Madden XBL cards. The earlier links provided said that there were Joust and Madden cards at both of my local Best Buys, but after searching both stores over I couldn't find a single one. =(

On the plus side, I have a little under a year left. Just thought it'd be nice to stock up on another while they were $30.

[quote name='XT14']so how many does BB let you get on this code? one of each card you can find or what?[/QUOTE]

last time i picked up two of the same code, and just asked the cashier if she would try putting the sku in again, as it should take the $20 off each.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I think YMMV with the links for Joust / Madden XBL cards. The earlier links provided said that there were Joust and Madden cards at both of my local Best Buys, but after searching both stores over I couldn't find a single one. =(

On the plus side, I have a little under a year left. Just thought it'd be nice to stock up on another while they were $30.[/QUOTE]

^This. I went to 2 BBs and although both said they had them according to links provided (thanks btw) there were none in the store, which was quite unfortunate for me. Ah well.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I think YMMV with the links for Joust / Madden XBL cards. The earlier links provided said that there were Joust and Madden cards at both of my local Best Buys, but after searching both stores over I couldn't find a single one. =([/QUOTE]
This^3rd

If any fortunate CAG managed to get multiples I'd be interested in buying one off of you... my live sub runs out in April.

Was able to get two joust code cards for $29.99 each!!! Cashier had to punch in the coupon twice for it to take $20 off for each code in one transaction

ltgeneralkasty U RAWK for those links & thank you to everyone who posted the texted code on this deal

WooT!!

The store I went to on my road trip for the Tekken 6 LE had a TON of Joust Live Cards, it was incredible. : )
I'm really tempted to double up on these, when I originally was on the fence about one card @ 40. :p

[quote name='ltgeneralkasty']

Links for searching if your store carries the old cards:

Madden 10
Halo 3 OSDT
w/Joust downloadable game

Common place these are are near the video gaming section where all the game cards are (xbox points, zynga games, and all that)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting these. I used this to track down a Joust card at a nearby store. Got it for $29.99 no problem. Last one there, though, as far as I could tell!

Thank you very much :D I managed to find a lone ODST card at the nearest BB and a couple of Joust cards a little further away.

Any interested CAGs on the Southside of Houston PM me, i'll tell you the location :D

Thank you again cag. I went and picked up 2, had $55 in reward certs I needed use up. At least 30 more madden 10 $49.99 cards were left at the bestbuy in bowie MD

[quote name='Youngnoble']Thank you again cag. I went and picked up 2, had $55 in reward certs I needed use up. At least 30 more madden 10 $49.99 cards were left at the bestbuy in bowie MD[/QUOTE]

I assume this $20 off sale was to reduce stores with the old cards left in inventory (since people would naturally pick up the cheaper cards). Since this was just a text alert, I assume there'll be plenty left of the old cards. Do you think this'll appear in the next Weekly, or will they sell 'em clearance?

I don't think this sale had anything to do with clearing out the old $49.99 cards. As for the cards eventually going on clearance, they'll probably end up just throwing them out after a while since they hold no value until there activated.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I assume this $20 off sale was to reduce stores with the old cards left in inventory (since people would naturally pick up the cheaper cards). Since this was just a text alert, I assume there'll be plenty left of the old cards. Do you think this'll appear in the next Weekly, or will they sell 'em clearance?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it since you can't even find these cards on their website anymore. What's funny is that there were at least four "cheaper" cards at my BB location but only one $59.99 card left. All you had to do was walk down to the end of the aisle and you could save $10. Don't be so sure on people "naturally" picking up the cheaper cards.

[quote name='Youngnoble']I don't think this sale had anything to do with clearing out the old $49.99 cards. As for the cards eventually going on clearance, they'll probably end up just throwing them out after a while since they hold no value until there activated.
[/QUOTE]

Don't they usually sell them on the cheap before dumping 'em?

And lol, I guess that's what I get for having faith in the intelligence of the average Xbox Live shopper.

[quote name='DJP519']Thank you for posting these. I used this to track down a Joust card at a nearby store. Got it for $29.99 no problem. Last one there, though, as far as I could tell![/QUOTE]

Same here! Thank you for those links!

I snagged a madden 10 card from my local best buy (love my location, 2 min drive to best buy FTW)

They had a whole stack of madden cards, was in a hurry so didnt really look around for the others, may go back again today and get a joust card, free game never hurts. I dont think I could use the 12 mo though, im already good till june of 2013 :)

[quote name='t4nd4r']Where do you sign up for those texts? I did not see an option on the Reward Zone Gamers Club site.[/QUOTE]
Text "GAMER" to 332211.

Again, if any of you finding stacks of these cards are willing to pick me up one for $30, I'd certainly be interested in reimbursing you. :pray:

Whoa, glad I caught up on the thread, there's a ton of stores near me showing some of those $50 cards. Not the one I have to go to today anyway, of course, but ones near enough to where I'll be. Thanks for the links!

For those that didn't receive the text, have you been successful in just telling them the number and having them put it in? I've signed up for the texts in the past and I never receive them. I guess I will try it again in a bit when I get to my cell. I can't bring it in to work. :(

[quote name='Lokki']For those that didn't receive the text, have you been successful in just telling them the number and having them put it in? I've signed up for the texts in the past and I never receive them. I guess I will try it again in a bit when I get to my cell. I can't bring it in to work. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, just give them the code @ the register (I'm not subscribed to their texts since I lack a cell), and they'll apply the discount.

As for picking one up for someone, I'll consider it since the location I last went to had a ton. Problem is, money is a smidge tight in the gaming budget since I've actually have felt like picking up launch titles/GS' B2G1/BB's various promos expiring this week x_X, not sure how quick I could get my monies back.

[quote name='egonpax']Unfortunately 2 of the BBs I checked today didn't have any of the $49.99 cards in store even though they said they had some available of the Madden and the Joust ones. And yes, I checked several areas where they had the Mafia Wars/Farmville/etc cards too. :( Ah well. I picked up a Castlevania:LOS guide for a penny! :)

Yeah I'll just wait for another one of these. :)[/QUOTE]

I found two 49.99 cards left on my area. Anyways, how are you guys getting a guide for a penny? Is it YMMV?

[quote name='haru3173']I found two 49.99 cards left on my area. Anyways, how are you guys getting a guide for a penny? Is it YMMV?[/QUOTE]
Very YMMV.

All info here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287114

Just picked up two of the "value" priced 12 month subs from BB for $49.99 a piece minus the $20 on each one from the GAMER code. Like buy one get one free! Although I had a $30 credit so I got two years for $30... Not too shabby!

Nice, my Live was going to expire at the end of this month and was never going to pay more then $39 for it.
I was able to find a Joust $49.99 card and got $20 off plus the bonus game.
The cashier couldn't believe how good the deal was.

[quote name='Lokki']For those that didn't receive the text, have you been successful in just telling them the number and having them put it in? I've signed up for the texts in the past and I never receive them. I guess I will try it again in a bit when I get to my cell. I can't bring it in to work. :([/QUOTE]

just tell them you got a rewards email then tell them the code

thats what i just did

Just picked up the Joust 12 month card, I can't send texts to those little things so what I did was copy and paste the official text that was posted on the first page, place it in a draft email, open up email with my smartphone, and then showed the cashier. She was a bit older so she asked another guy to come over, dude was saying that he thought I had to print something out, I replied with "There's a code right there, I'm not sure if you all can type codes in or not..." Something along those lines, lady punched in the code and BAM.

Worked like a charm, thanks guys!

Thanks, Just recently got a Best Buy gift card. Gonna stop by Best Buy tomorrow and see If I can find one of those $50 cards.

Just wanted to add that the younger cashier and the person he called over had no idea how to redeem the promotion. The girl from customer service thought that you had to enter it as a rewardzone coupon. When that didn't work and she walked away, I told him to just enter it as a regular item and it worked.

Got the last 2 Madden cards from a store, one for me and one for a friend. Supposedly they had Joust earlier today as well but I didn't get there for a few hours after checking. Damn good deal.

Plenty of Joust and Madden cards at the northcrest Best Buy in Fort Wayne, IN. Thanks OP. I'm paid up for two years of live now. Great timing too, my live was up mid-march.

Ugh, I (wisely) turned off auto renew and it canceled my locked-in 1-year renew @ $29.99. Looks like I am heading to BB in the am and hoping they have a couple $49.99's left.

Picked up one today from Baldwin, NY. They have a ton of Joust cards left and a couple of Madden ones, it's also where I found the Tekken bundle and I saw a couple of Ride bundles, but PS3 only. : ( I think it's a veritable ghost town over there, it's a shame it's 15 mins. each way at least.
Couldn't pull the trigger on a second one, hoping they'll be a deal between now and next year. ^_^
And for all of you having trouble with the code, just say "I have a coupon code" and they'll punch it in regardless. I've done it twice with the Live code and once with the 10% off code and I don't get the txts.

Thanks for the post Ctrek Got one for $30. I really needed it. I have been on silver since feb 6 couldn't take it anymore.

I've never been a Live user so I thought "what the hell" and picked up a 12-month sub. Hope it's as awesome as everyone says it is.

Checked online and it said my nearest store only had the madden and halo card. Went in today looking for those and the first thing I saw was the Joust card. Grabbed it quick and went straight to the register to pay for it. Surprised these were actually by the games in an easy to find "Game Cards" section. Not sure how many were left though. Thanks again for the post.

[quote name='ctrek3']Did not see this posted, just got the text. $20 off on 12 month gold live card.

give code 2248711 to cashier.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP, bought 5, 1 for me and 4 for other friends. 29.99 is a bargin these days for Xbox live

I have some idiots working at my store. I grabbed a Joust card and brought it to the cashier. I showed her the text and she stares at it. She asks if there is any way that I can print it out, as they have to have a printed copy of all coupons. I told her that it was only available via text and is a reward zone thing. She calls the manager over. he tells me the same thing. I showed him the text and the link to the best buy website FAQ about the texts. He still stares at it for a few mins. He finally takes it over to a different register and scans the card and puts in the code. I had told him originally that is what needed to be done. He was just too hung up on the fact that it wasn't a paper coupon.

I had a reward zone coupon with me and decided not to use it since that would probably take another 5 min discussion.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='Lokki']I have some idiots working at my store. I grabbed a Joust card and brought it to the cashier. I showed her the text and she stares at it. She asks if there is any way that I can print it out, as they have to have a printed copy of all coupons. I told her that it was only available via text and is a reward zone thing. She calls the manager over. he tells me the same thing. I showed him the text and the link to the best buy website FAQ about the texts. He still stares at it for a few mins. He finally takes it over to a different register and scans the card and puts in the code. I had told him originally that is what needed to be done. He was just too hung up on the fact that it wasn't a paper coupon.

I had a reward zone coupon with me and decided not to use it since that would probably take another 5 min discussion.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]
its always sad when you have to tell bb employees how to do their jobs

bread's done
Back