20% used games at gohastings.com

AJVtony831

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
From their Facebook page:

"‎2 DAY SALE! Get an additional 30% Off Used Books, CDs & DVDs. 20% Off Used Games & Used Game Accessories, and 10% Off Used & PV Blu-rays! Promo Code: USED2DAY"

promo code is: USED2DAY

Finally picked up Uncharted for PS3, $14 and change shipped. Thanks OP. 20 percent basically took care of the tax and shipping.

ah nice, picked up BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.. also finally had that in stock phew !! Thanks OP

Weird - I can't even pull the website up here now, server not found. Yet on my phone it works fine.

Was hoping that the code stacked with the 5 for $20 books sale they had going, but looks like they ended that one. Oh well.

It's loading here. It'd be kind of sad if the site gets hammered for a measly 20% off sale that comes around every 2 weeks on avg. They really need new servers.

[quote name='armor843']will wait next 60% and free shipping.[/QUOTE]

why do people like you even post? you just take up space with useless garbage

Thanks, OP. I picked up 4 PS3 games for $32 shipped. They're not particularly popular games (and I'm not going to list them for fear of getting mocked) but a few were well-reviewed when released in 2009...

I have to agree with ssjmichael. I ordered Castlevania: LOS (PS3) for $26. It is not a bad price for a decent Konami Dracula game. I will agree that gohastings at times send messed up games [more for Xbox 360] then the PS3 version (or exclusive) titles. I do not know why people cannot take care of their games. Anyway, I got the email for the sale but I wanted to put my opinion on how although gohastings have quality control problems, they are a relatively good company where you can get decent/good prices for games and you save money if you are particular about getting 'used' / 'previously viewed' games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bucket2222']Thanks, OP. I picked up 4 PS3 games for $32 shipped. They're not particularly popular games (and I'm not going to list them for fear of getting mocked) but a few were well-reviewed when released in 2009...[/QUOTE]

No need to hide from people who would rather bash people instead of playing games they saved money on.

Anyways, I got Assassins Creed 2 for ps3 for $15 shipped/taxed.:cool:

Its kind of like a punch in the balls seeing that other stuff is getting the 30% treatment but the games and dvd's are not getting them. Plus I would probably only be buying more low dollar stuff so the shipping would kill it for me.

thanks, picked up UFC 2010 for $15, LBP GOTY for $15 and Bayonetta for $10, still thinking about getting bioshock 2 for $10 and RE5 for $10

i got 6 used xbox360 games...overall good deal but the shipping fee of $14 for standard shipping seems a bit high.

so what are the chances that I will receive all the items that should be included on limited edition? TIA

[quote name='coolrust']so what are the chances that I will receive all the items that should be included on limited edition? TIA[/QUOTE]

If you don't, you call them up and they should send you another one if it's available.

I'm still waiting to see if I get my other items from gohastings. I got caught in their whole "its in stock when you order, but its out of stock after they charge you" thing. Two of the three things I ordered a few days ago went "out of stock" despite being in stock on their website. I called CS yesterday to cancel those to items so I could get a refund faster only to get a confirmation this morning that they shipped. The messed up thing is I already ordered a replacement for one of the items from another place.

Contemplating MAG for the PS3, but I have this itching feeling the game isnt for me (Rock music is the OST with no custom soundtrack option and the game uses the R1/L1 for fire/aim which I hate)....

I've never ordered anything from gh and I do have my eye on a game, what is the used quality like? Does it also come with a manual?

I'm 5 for 5 with gohastings with a few 360 games and a few PS3 games. All came with mint cases/instructions/condition on the discs. Also just ordered 3 PSP games for about $19 bucks so I'll report back once I get those.

[quote name='armor843']i bought the first lost planet for $8 total and it came with no manual otherwise ok condition.[/QUOTE]

Really? Dang, I got the first LP for ~$3.74 during their free shipping and discount overlap and when I got mine it was a mint Collector's Edition. Ran smoothly too, while the $5 copy of Bioshock I got had minor scratches but has frozen on me a couple of times. Both had the manual. So I guess it really varies.

[quote name='bengalboy']I'm 5 for 5 with gohastings with a few 360 games and a few PS3 games. [/QUOTE]

So far, I'm about 40 out of 60ish in complete games (
iconps3.gif
&
iconwii.gif
). The other 20 are either without manual (15ish) or coverart/both. Everything works fine though.

Went with Brutal Legend and Rogue Warrior for $12.50 shipped. Good deal... when games are around $6 that I'm even vaguely interested in, it's hard not to pull the trigger.

I'm joining those waiting for a free shipping coupon. I'm interested in some cheap DVDs, but I'd be paying more for shipping than I'd save with 20/30% off. Hell, I'd be paying more for shipping on one item than for the three DVDs themselves.

It's worth it for some things, just not all.

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']$2.28 shipped for EACH game and almost everything I looked at is out of stock. Maybe good for others but for me...No Sale![/QUOTE]
[quote name='stikman']i got 6 used xbox360 games...overall good deal but the shipping fee of $14 for standard shipping seems a bit high.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='xRemnant']I want to buy something but the shipping kills the deal.[/QUOTE]
This has been covered like 1000x already. The items ship from individual stores and not from some central warehouse, so the shipping charge per item is typically very warranted since a five game order may ship from five seperate locations.

Besides which, $2.28 shipping for a single game is about $.50 or so cheaper than when you send a game package via USPS at the post office($2.70) with Delivery Confirmation.

But I guess as usual people expect companies to lose money shipping items individually just to get them a deal.:roll:
[quote name='Zin_LG']I'm still waiting to see if I get my other items from gohastings. I got caught in their whole "its in stock when you order, but its out of stock after they charge you" thing. Two of the three things I ordered a few days ago went "out of stock" despite being in stock on their website. I called CS yesterday to cancel those to items so I could get a refund faster only to get a confirmation this morning that they shipped. The messed up thing is I already ordered a replacement for one of the items from another place.[/QUOTE]
Patience is a virtue. There's no game out now that just HAS to be played right this millisecond. Personally I'm waiting for the people who bitched during the last sale about being double and triple charged(because they kept re-ordering an OOS game that came back IN stock before getting the refund for the prior copy they ordered that was cancelled) to come in and start that vicious cycle again.

Patience people. If you learn to have some of it you won't have that many issues with GH.:D:booty:

My order is always a mix :whistle2:( All discs are new though, but cases and manuals are obviously a big YMMV thing... I'm surprised that the codes in the used copy of Mafia II CE were still redeemable, shocked!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This has been covered like 1000x already. The items ship from individual stores and not from some central warehouse, so the shipping charge per item is typically very warranted since a five game order may ship from five seperate locations.

Besides which, $2.28 shipping for a single game is about $.50 or so cheaper than when you send a game package via USPS at the post office($2.70) with Delivery Confirmation.

But I guess as usual people expect companies to lose money shipping items individually just to get them a deal.:roll: [/QUOTE]

It does not matter where the item comes from, if shipping kills the deal then it kills it. Or one has to be sympathetic and buy it anyway when it is not an attractive price?

If you buying an item that has high value then shipping free is fine and dandy, when you buying items below the 10 dollar range shipping goes above the 20% saving. Is just how percentages work.

[quote name='xRemnant']It does not matter where the item comes from, if shipping kills the deal then it kills it. Or one has to be sympathetic and buy it anyway when it is not an attractive price?

If you buying an item that has high value then shipping free is fine and dandy, when you buying items below the 10 dollar range shipping goes above the 20% saving. Is just how percentages work.[/QUOTE]
It's under $3 for shipping. Not even most eBay items will ship for that amount.

The shipping cost is reasonable when you realize that a good majority of the stuff GH ships out is in excellent shape and again realize that the items come from MULTIPLE locations usually.

Have fun ordering from Gamestop.com and getting your incomplete and mangled copies of games with free shipping that'll take forever.;)

But since you feel that $2.28 is unreasonable for shipping costs, then I hope we never do any trade deals since I charge about $2.80 for a single game in shipping.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Patience people. If you learn to have some of it you won't have that many issues with GH.:D:booty:[/QUOTE]

May I refer you to this thread?

[quote name='dino88']May I refer you to this thread?[/QUOTE]
:lol: Touche. Although that was something I paid money for that I didn't expect to take as long as it did. Aside from the 'free' copy of RF:G with that promo the artbook disc sucked.

Thanks, got:

Way of the Samurai 3 (360) - $13.03
Def Jam Icon (360) - $4.79
Shipping - $4.56

Even though if it had free shipping I could buy another game, I am satisfied with this deal.

[quote name='Hunter and friends']Went with Brutal Legend and Rogue Warrior for $12.50 shipped. Good deal... when games are around $6 that I'm even vaguely interested in, it's hard not to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Too bad Brutal Legend sucks

Thanks as well jpm. Ordered a move controller for $34.XX. Hope it's in good shape but these controllers are impossible to find in stores right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
got an email saying my game was shipped this morning!woohoo considering it went out of stock after I ordered it so I thought maybe it was going to get canceled.

bread's done
Back