20% used games at gohastings.com

AJVtony831

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
From their Facebook page:

"‎2 DAY SALE! Get an additional 30% Off Used Books, CDs & DVDs. 20% Off Used Games & Used Game Accessories, and 10% Off Used & PV Blu-rays! Promo Code: USED2DAY"

promo code is: USED2DAY

For those on the fence, probably 19/20 games I've ordered from GH have come complete, many times with working online passes/DLC as well. Only one game (Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit PS3) was missing a manual.

[quote name='allstar45']Thanks jpm :) I nabbed a move controller for 34 bucks. Here's hoping it ships![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Thanks as well jpm. Ordered a move controller for $34.XX. Hope it's in good shape but these controllers are impossible to find in stores right now.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe it actually shipped.. received my shipping notice on the controller.

Hope you guys got your shipping notice also. Now hoping the condition is good on it since this my first time buying hardware from them.

free ship code: NRTUES

You have to buy a new arrivals game/cd/dvd/book, but then your whole order has free shipping. I picked up some book for $7.99, but saved $150 on shipping.

[quote name='V3rtigo']free ship code: NRTUES

You have to buy a new arrivals game/cd/dvd/book, but then your whole order has free shipping. I picked up some book for $7.99, but saved $150 on shipping.[/QUOTE]

So you bought approximately 70 items? Wow.

[quote name='kodave']So you bought approximately 70 items? Wow.[/QUOTE]

Mostly DVDs under $2, but yes. The free shipping is perfect for cheapo items.

[quote name='jpm804']Can't believe it actually shipped.. received my shipping notice on the controller.

Hope you guys got your shipping notice also. Now hoping the condition is good on it since this my first time buying hardware from them.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped as well. Hope it's in good shape. Good luck to us.......

I thought mine was going to get canceled, I received three e-mails from them- two shipping notices yesterday. I've also never bought hardware from them, but the numerous games I bought have came in decent shape.. I'd imagine we'll find out on Thursday/Friday if we got jipped or not :p

[quote name='V3rtigo']free ship code: NRTUES

You have to buy a new arrivals game/cd/dvd/book, but then your whole order has free shipping. I picked up some book for $7.99, but saved $150 on shipping.[/QUOTE]

nice find vertigo, you should make it a thread

[quote name='V3rtigo']Mostly DVDs under $2, but yes. The free shipping is perfect for cheapo items.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Good luck keeping your order straight. Chances are they'll cancel some items, then send you some wrong items if any of your DVDs have multiple editions. I've had issues with orders of just 10-15 items cheapo items of DVDs under $2. I can't imagine ordering 70 at once though. You're a brave man.

[quote name='kodave']Agreed. Good luck keeping your order straight. Chances are they'll cancel some items, then send you some wrong items if any of your DVDs have multiple editions. I've had issues with orders of just 10-15 items cheapo items of DVDs under $2. I can't imagine ordering 70 at once though. You're a brave man.[/QUOTE]

I'm not collecting. If they send the fullscreen version, I'll be sad for a second then watch it anyways. The last time I did it like this, the mailman left me 3 boxes of movies. I think one came cracked, and maybe 2 or 3 with cracked cases. All in all, can't really complain about a $1 movie shipped.

[quote name='V3rtigo']Mostly DVDs under $2, but yes. The free shipping is perfect for cheapo items.[/QUOTE]
Your mailman is going to hate you.

Darn it, this is the 5th time since December 15th that they have canceled Castlevania: LoS for PS3 for me! lol, oh well....maybe it's God telling me I'm not supposed to play it!

got my first of several ordered today. in black dvd case instead of green xbox 360 case, no instructions and lightly scratched disc. holding my breath for better results on the others on the way.

[quote name='stikman']got my first of several ordered today. in black dvd case instead of green xbox 360 case, no instructions and lightly scratched disc. holding my breath for better results on the others on the way.[/QUOTE]

did you ordered old games?

just got my order of resistance 2 and it came in great shape. the disc and the case are in impeccable shape and it also came with a manual which was also in great shape.

[quote name='VaultDweller']did you ordered old games?[/QUOTE]

The game I got was 'are you smarter than a 5th grader? game time version on xbox 360' released Oct 2009. The one they sent me was a 'previously viewed' one...former movie gallery rental with sticker still on the black case box...even though I ordered a 'used' one. 'used' ones on their site are supposed to be personally used non-rental games.

update: I got my 2nd 'used' game from them in the mail and it was in like new condition. original box, manual and perfect condition disc. so obviously what you get when you order a 'used' game from them can vary greatly.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sort of related question:

Does anyone have experience buying used consoles from Gohastings online? I'm wondering how strict they are when accepting consoles for trade-in. I don't want to buy a console bundle and have things missing...

[quote name='Dranakin']A sort of related question:

Does anyone have experience buying used consoles from Gohastings online? I'm wondering how strict they are when accepting consoles for trade-in. I don't want to buy a console bundle and have things missing...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't risk it, especially if you aren't picking up a slim version of whichever console. The local Hastings here takes the console to the back to test it out before accepting it, but it's entirely possible for people to get their RROD/YLOD systems working for the 10 minutes they are checked and die after closer to an hour of playtime.

Shame - they clearly pumped their prices for this. Vanquish is $27 now that the sale is over and was $33 during it. I hate when they do crap like that.

[quote name='stikman']

The game I got was 'are you smarter than a 5th grader? game time version on xbox 360' released Oct 2009. The one they sent me was a 'previously viewed' one...former movie gallery rental with sticker still on the black case box...even though I ordered a 'used' one. 'used' ones on their site are supposed to be personally used non-rental games.

update: I got my 2nd 'used' game from them in the mail and it was in like new condition. original box, manual and perfect condition disc. so obviously what you get when you order a 'used' game from them can vary greatly.
[/QUOTE]

"Previously Viewed" are games that were previously rentals in our Hastings stores. However, if a person sells us a copy of a game that was a previously rented copy, then this will go into our "Used" inventory. It would be nice if we could mix those copies back in with our "Previously Viewed" inventory but they are handled very different from an accounting perspective.

[quote name='S_DOG34']Shame - they clearly pumped their prices for this. Vanquish is $27 now that the sale is over and was $33 during it. I hate when they do crap like that.[/QUOTE]

That is not true although I can see how it could sometimes be perceived this way. The prices change frequently but the program that does this does not utilize any promotional pricing information. We are simply trying to remain competitive with our pricing.

In this case, the MSRP of the new version of this game dropped from $59.99 to $39.99 on 1/5. This will cause the market value of the used copies to trend downward as the market adjusts. I can't provide details of how our pricing programs work, but I can assure you that our promotions are not one of the parameters. In general, the price of used products will trend downward over time.

[quote name='gohastings']That is not true although I can see how it could sometimes be perceived this way. The prices change frequently but the program that does this does not utilize any promotional pricing information. We are simply trying to remain competitive with our pricing.

In this case, the MSRP of the new version of this game dropped from $59.99 to $39.99 on 1/5. This will cause the market value of the used copies to trend downward as the market adjusts. I can't provide details of how our pricing programs work, but I can assure you that our promotions are not one of the parameters. In general, the price of used products will trend downward over time.[/QUOTE]

Wow - thanks for the reply.

That could be the case, but I had several titles I was interested in during a December sale (NFS: HP, Dead Rising 2, Vanquish) all of which were more expensive during this most recent sale than back in December or right now. That means that the prices for all 3 trended upwards (and in the case of Vanquish, it went up after a MSRP drop on 1/5 as you noted)!

A couple of dollars either way would just be bad luck on my part, but we're talking 20%-30% fluctuations for all 3 in a few days, which happened to correspond to a sale. You can understand my uneasiness with this.

[quote name='S_DOG34']Wow - thanks for the reply.

That could be the case, but I had several titles I was interested in during a December sale (NFS: HP, Dead Rising 2, Vanquish) all of which were more expensive during this most recent sale than back in December or right now. That means that the prices for all 3 trended upwards (and in the case of Vanquish, it went up after a MSRP drop on 1/5 as you noted)!

A couple of dollars either way would just be bad luck on my part, but we're talking 20%-30% fluctuations for all 3 in a few days, which happened to correspond to a sale. You can understand my uneasiness with this.[/QUOTE]

The prices fluctuate all the time regardless of an ongoing sale...some of the games I was interested in dropped after the sale....some increased....some stayed the same.

Got my used PS3 move controller today. Shipped from Texas to New York by USPS in a bubble mailer which was beaten to hell with numerous rips to the mailer. When I opened it up the controller was in there with just a shipping slip. The controller has various small scuffs on it and I need to clean it cause it looks dirty. It seems to power on but I don't know if it works cause my Move starter bundle still hasn't arrived from Amazon Warehouse. If it works I'll be happy but they could have done a better job shipping it.

I was really disappointed gohastings inflated their prices for that sale.
Was looking forward to adding a couple more games to my collection.

I hope your prices drop to what they were.... If I compare all the games I've bought (most of them under $10 at the time) to their current prices now, the prices have increased anywhere between $3-$7.

I loved most of my purchases from gohastings and my orders came in unbelievably impressive conditions. Hope I can still use you guys down the road.

My move came in a box today; and upon opening it I'd really say that someone just bought the thing and sold it back.. It looks perfectly fine. My problem, however, is with the calibration.. The move isn't being recognized with my ps3 eye.. Any ideas?

I'm kind of concerned because I bought my Eye at a circuit city out of business sale, and that was before the move was released... Do I need to get a new camera?

[quote name='allstar45']My move came in a box today; and upon opening it I'd really say that someone just bought the thing and sold it back.. It looks perfectly fine. My problem, however, is with the calibration.. The move isn't being recognized with my ps3 eye.. Any ideas?

I'm kind of concerned because I bought my Eye at a circuit city out of business sale, and that was before the move was released... Do I need to get a new camera?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just got mine today it was like-new, in the gutted packaging and everything. I just calibrated mine and it worked fine, and I have an Eye of Judgment era camera so it sounds like you might just have an issue with your controller. Have you charged it at all yet? I had mine hooked to the usb cable when I calibrated it.

Want to update the Move controller I bought that just came in a bubble envelope with no further protection. After cleaning it off and trying it for a few hours, it works fine. Wish it was packaged better but all is well. I also got a private message here on CAG from someone from GoHastings apoligizing for the shoddy packing and the fact that the contoller was dirty(sticky more like it). He wanted a picture of the packaging and other stuff but I threw it out already and since it works I'm not gonna bother but I appreciate the thought.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Yeah I just got mine today it was like-new, in the gutted packaging and everything. I just calibrated mine and it worked fine, and I have an Eye of Judgment era camera so it sounds like you might just have an issue with your controller. Have you charged it at all yet? I had mine hooked to the usb cable when I calibrated it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had my move on the charger earlier, I went out came back, and could turn the ps3 on with the move. I tried to calibrate it with the cord still plugged in- and I can do so on my ps3 system- its just when I put it into a game it doesn't seem to work.

( I tried with sports champions, prehistoric moves and HVB)

*Edit* I spent about another 30-40 minutes trying to get that thing to work. Hit the reset button, and I downloaded another demo (For the life of me I can't even remember the name some shooting game) the controller isn't even registering on screen. I`m really temped to go buy a move new from amazon and see if that's the problem, I haven't gone through a return process yet from GH but I've heard they're less than awesome.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Want to update the Move controller I bought that just came in a bubble envelope with no further protection. After cleaning it off and trying it for a few hours, it works fine. Wish it was packaged better but all is well. I also got a private message here on CAG from someone from GoHastings apoligizing for the shoddy packing and the fact that the contoller was dirty(sticky more like it). He wanted a picture of the packaging and other stuff but I threw it out already and since it works I'm not gonna bother but I appreciate the thought.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you had some minor issues with your controller..

Mine came in today also. Box was a re-used box but it wasnt beaten up at least. ...Came in a plastic bag with a go hastings tab on top of it (kinda like gamestop used accessories).. Some plastic airbags in it but not much else. Controller was in great condition at least. No marks and scuffs... looked kinda new and worked fine.

Overall happy with the purchase for the price and might pick up the navigator if it comes back in stock and I can get a coupon.

bread's done
Back