2000 Wii points + sleeve for $7 at Wal-Mart (Possibly YMMV)

shipalicious

CAGiversary!
As with all Wal-Mart deals, possibly YMMV...

I was at the Noblesville, IN Wal-Mart and saw clearance Wii points. You get 2000 points plus a little rubber sleeve for a classic controller for $7.

They also had classic controllers + sleeves for $7.

Hope it's widespread!

(Edit: For those who are unaware, 2000 points = $20, so you're essentially paying $7 for $20. Also, there doesn't appear to be a limit on the number you can purchase. We bought 10.)

North Kingstown (RI) Wal-mart had none. Checked using our gemini system and it was still in the system for $20 (the card alone). Didn't have a sticker or UPC for the points + sleeve. If anyone has the UPC they'd like to share, I would be most grateful =D.

Jesus fuck this is an amazing deal. I'd jump all over this just to buy me some N64 games since my PSP can't run any. Then again, my Walmart is a total shithole and never has any deals.

Walmart in Kearny Mesa and Aero Drive(Both in San Diego) are a no go. Aero Drive just have them at regular price while Kearny Mesa don't have them at all.

Nothing at my Wal-Mart yet (or possibly ever). I did find the section where they moved all the holiday Wii stuff so I'll just keep checking that out when I go there. My hopes aren't too high. My local WM doesn't do clearances very frequently.

The Wal-Mart on the Eastside of Tucson, AZ has that but it 18.87 or something like that. Too bad, I was hoping to score some massive Wii points for some cool downloads.

[quote name='Shadows916']wallingford and hamden ct have them for 24.98 bastards![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, saves me a trip tomorrow, ill check the stratford and shelton one instead if we dont get snow

24.88 in roseville mi, gonna check woodhaven tomorrow and if that doesn't go well I don't need to bother with taylor

My Walmart (Chandler AZ) has 4 different bundles, but only 1 is on clearance:

2000 Wii Pts plus glove:24.98
Classic Controller plus glove: 24.98
Wii Remote plus glove: 44.98

NDS Game and starter pack: Regular 19.98, Clearance 17.48 (Games were Elite Beat Agents, and a bunch of budget titles I don't remember)

[quote name='Halo05']Only if you needed to buy bread and/or crappy $5 DVDs anyway.[/quote]

Sometimes you can find a good DVd in the $5 bin, thing is how much shit are you willing to dig through. I generally find the good stuff at the bottom/center. Their $10 rack though, thats better. Darkman 1 2 and 3 on a 2 disc set for 10 = win.

If anyone was doubting the OP, I can verify. The Noblesville Walmart is about 30 minutes out of my way on my way to work, so I made the run over there this morning and grabbed 5 of the points card/classic controller sleeve sets for $7 each. They had about 25 left if anyone else is thinking about heading to that location. They also had the NDS starter packs with Elite Beat Agents for $6, so I grabbed two of those for me and the gf. Probably around 15 or 20 left.

[quote name='maxfisher']If anyone was doubting the OP, I can verify. The Noblesville Walmart is about 30 minutes out of my way on my way to work, so I made the run over there this morning and grabbed 5 of the points card/classic controller sleeve sets for $7 each. They had about 25 left if anyone else is thinking about heading to that location. They also had the NDS starter packs with Elite Beat Agents for $6, so I grabbed two of those for me and the gf. Probably around 15 or 20 left.[/QUOTE]

That's still the only location this deal has been found at, so it doesn't look worthwhile to head out to check unless you are going to that store.

[quote name='petemon69']Thanks for the heads up, saves me a trip tomorrow, ill check the stratford and shelton one instead if we dont get snow[/QUOTE]

I'll check Derby and New Haven.

Soon, the eastern seaboard will be ours.

Hmm...Noblesville is only 133 miles away...even with gas, it would almost be worth it if I had enough money to buy 20+ packs...I'd never have to buy Wii points again.

Nah. My car is a POS and it would break down halfway there.

The bundle is $19.87 here, the same price as the Points card by itself. I can see them going on sale soon, though. My store has at least three dozen taking up two large shelves in the game aisle.

$24.88 at the local WM. UPC code # is 617885 942013 for anyone that wants to scan it. Also saw the Wii-mote, wallet combo for $49.88

lolz-you-fail.jpg

[quote name='shajek']$24.88 at the local WM. UPC code # is 617885 942013 for anyone that wants to scan it. Also saw the Wii-mote, wallet combo for $49.88[/quote]

Thanks, I'll try that when I go back to work Wed.

As for this deal, or any Wal-mart deal, it's pretty much up to the store decesion as to whether they want to discount overstock or not. Very rarely is it Home Office that marks it down (I'm talking about clearance items). If its on clearance, then be glad that the department manager is nice and marks good items down. My department manager knows nothing about electronics and will actually ask me what to order and what is a good price to mark items down by (so yeah, sometimes I get a good deal).

Here's the thing, too... if it's based on the individual store, I can't imagine many will EVER find it for this price, since the obvious, and smart, thing to do would be to just drop it to the normal price of the points card.

However, this is Wal-Mart, so you never know. If you get any manager who actually knows about games, the likelihood of them ever getting this cheap is slim to none.

So, really, I agree that this thread should be either moved or locked. Too many people getting their hopes up for something that they have no chance of finding unless they go to the same store the OP did.

The deal is dead at Noblesville. I stopped by this morning to grab some additional bundles for other CAG's that had pm'd me and the stock had been cleared out. Even the cardboard display that had been holding the things was gone. Hope some others can find this deal at other stores, but I'm guessing it was just a manager who didn't know any better. There are still probably about 15 of the $6 Elite Beat Agents bundles left. Funnily enough, one of them was stuck in the case under the DS games, with the game itself about 3 spots up, marked for $29.82. It's Walmart, go figure.

[quote name='maxfisher']The deal is dead at Noblesville. I stopped by this morning to grab some additional bundles for other CAG's that had pm'd me and the stock had been cleared out. Even the cardboard display that had been holding the things was gone. Hope some others can find this deal at other stores, but I'm guessing it was just a manager who didn't know any better. There are still probably about 15 of the $6 Elite Beat Agents bundles left. Funnily enough, one of them was stuck in the case under the DS games, with the game itself about 3 spots up, marked for $29.82. It's Walmart, go figure.[/quote]

I was there yesterday evening and got a few of these. There were only two left at that point. I never saw a cardboard display though. They were on a shelf with the Ipod accessories for some reason.

They still had plenty of the Nintedo DS Elite Beat Agents bundles for $6 that include 3 styluses and a soft DS case, however, as well as a similar Gameboy game bundle. The GBA game was one of those 3-in-1 board games...I think it had Trouble and Candy Land, but I could be wrong.

For anyone outside of Noblesville looking for this deal, don't bother. Wal-Mart clearances are set by the individual managers at the stores and are never national. In fact, even the other Wal-Mart stores in the area here in Indiana don't have the same deal. Wal-Mart threads should always be in the regional deals section.

[quote name='Rictor']For anyone outside of Noblesville looking for this deal, don't bother. Wal-Mart clearances are set by the individual managers at the stores and are never national. In fact, even the other Wal-Mart stores in the area here in Indiana don't have the same deal. Wal-Mart threads should always been in the regional deals section.[/quote]

Which is why I'm wondering why this thread is still in this forum. I don't mean to sound rude (I just get depressed everytime I see it because I can't find them at my Wal*Mart lol) but I think it should go to the regional deals forum is all (as should all Wal*Mart deals really)

[quote name='CombatCraig']Which is why I'm wondering why this thread is still in this forum. I don't mean to sound rude (I just get depressed everytime I see it because I can't find them at my Wal*Mart lol) but I think it should go to the regional deals forum is all (as should all Wal*Mart deals really)[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146142

I suggested this last year. Ignored, but whatever. Just ignore Wal-Mart threads.

I submit that this thread has cost CAGs more money in wasted gas than it has saved for any one.

HOLD YOUR HORSES!! This deal may be alive in other Wal-Marts. (well sort of)

I left walmart today and they had this pack for $15. They also had a classic controller with a skin for $15. The elite beat agents pack was $10 and the Wii and DS lunch boxes with accessories were $10 (Down from $24.99). ALso had a 3 pack of wii mote skins for $12 ($24.99 normal) I am in Nebraska.

I did ask the guys doing clearance if there was any chance they might be lower and he said he didn't think so since the price was based on "money available to the department" and he seemed surprised that another Wal-mart had them for $7.

[quote name='shipalicious']As with all Wal-Mart deals, possibly YMMV...

I was at the Noblesville, IN Wal-Mart and saw clearance Wii points. You get 2000 points plus a little rubber sleeve for a classic controller for $7.

They also had classic controllers + sleeves for $7.

Hope it's widespread!

(Edit: For those who are unaware, 2000 points = $20, so you're essentially paying $7 for $20. Also, there doesn't appear to be a limit on the number you can purchase. We bought 10.)[/QUOTE]

Wow, quite the deal. I will have to head up there tomorrow...only to be infuriated when they are all gone, no doubt. ;)

EDIT: ALREADY DEAD. Ah well, saved the trip. ;)

RD

[quote name='kklems']I left walmart today and they had this pack for $15. They also had a classic controller with a skin for $15. The elite beat agents pack was $10 and the Wii and DS lunch boxes with accessories were $10 (Down from $24.99). ALso had a 3 pack of wii mote skins for $12 ($24.99 normal) I am in Nebraska.
[/quote]

Omaha? If so - which location?

bread's done
Back