2000 Wii points + sleeve for $7 at Wal-Mart (Possibly YMMV)

shipalicious

CAGiversary!
As with all Wal-Mart deals, possibly YMMV...

I was at the Noblesville, IN Wal-Mart and saw clearance Wii points. You get 2000 points plus a little rubber sleeve for a classic controller for $7.

They also had classic controllers + sleeves for $7.

Hope it's widespread!

(Edit: For those who are unaware, 2000 points = $20, so you're essentially paying $7 for $20. Also, there doesn't appear to be a limit on the number you can purchase. We bought 10.)

[quote name='velvet396']why is this thread still alive?[/quote]

I think because people are hoping that this item is considered to be a 'holiday' item and is destined to be cleared everywhere.

I don't think that's the case anymore.

I saw these in quantity in my local Wal-Mart in December, so I knew what the OP was talking about. They put them on an island display and it seemed to me that it was going to be a holiday gift-box type item. They had a ton. And they still do, at $24.88.

Then I went to another Wal-Mart yesterday. They had them, at $24.88, but in a regular spot in the video game section. To them, it is just another item. It's not going to be cleared anytime soon. It had a regular shelf tag and everything.

So definitely YMMV. Probably worth checking this item if you happen to be at a Wal-Mart, but not worth a trip.

I was surprised to see that they had dropped to $6 at my walmart today.

I had checked after I read this thread when it was initially posted a week ago and they were the $24.98....

I picked up 7, there were still 11 remaining (3 for friends as gifts and 4 for myself) ... Thinking I may try to go in tomorrow and pick up the remaining few to sell/trade

I saw them in my local Wal-Mart this past week for $15. This is the first time I've ever seen anything close to a deal in a Wal-Mart around here though. I was in shock.

the 2 in my area tend be some of the busier ones in the country so who knows if they have clearances... outside of the xbox 360 elite accidental clearance last year, I haven't seen ANY deals at my stores (and it sucked as I didn't have a 360 when the controllers and mics went on sale :cry:)

Faceinthecrowd, if you are willing to sell the cards at a decent price, let me know. Hell, you could just PM me the code. I doubt I have anything that you'd be interested in trading for, btw.

I'm still checking my local for any signs of a drop, but I grow less enthusiastic with each day.

When I saw this thread and went to Wal-Mart to see, they didn't even have ANY instock. I went last week and they had a TON of them. But..they were normal price at $24.88 :cry:

..Until we got home and my asshole of a BF goes "Look!" and pulled out 2 Wii points cards and says "They were on the floor near that section..didn't you see them?!" and I say "..Wouldn't have I picked them up?"

They weren't scratched.
I scratched them.
AND they worked.

/Win

Ahhh. Shady people FTW

Oh for god's sake, of ALL the people on this site to get a free 4000 points.

You should share those with me, and be proud that I'm giving you the chance to do so.

Criminy. It's like Scrooge McDuck winning the lottery.

We weren't sure if they worked because if they were from the box..we imagined they had to have been scanned to work.

Next time we go to Wal-Mart (which may be tomorrow since I needs mah shampoo) I'll check that section out..and I'll let my klpeto white trash BF do his charm :roll: and I'll hook ya up! :lol:

Yeah, they don't work like a gift card, where the cashier has to "activate" it (a process I never fully understood).

It's just a product like anything else.

Checked my local Walmart, also $24.88. They have a new clearance rack in electronics. What is on it? Madden 2004 for XBox marked down to $10.00 from $19.82 :roll:

have faith...I was shocked I found them... and that many... btw... who would pay $5 for those rediculus gloves... though now that I have one in my hands it doesn't feel that bad... just not $5 good either.

[quote name='lilboo']We weren't sure if they worked because if they were from the box..we imagined they had to have been scanned to work.

Next time we go to Wal-Mart (which may be tomorrow since I needs mah shampoo) I'll check that section out..and I'll let my klpeto white trash BF do his charm :roll: and I'll hook ya up! :lol:[/quote]

OMG.
HOOK ME UP! lol.

give it time. I mean come on, both the wal-marts i went to (only place that carries/wasn't out of no more heroes) has literally 60-80 of the sleeve-controllers, and 50 wii point-sleeve combos. They are not seperatly packaged together, so I assume they will HAVE to clearence them.

I don't see them getting that low, as every mother mother in America will jump all over these as soon as they drop into the sub-20 range.

I'm gonna check today. I went last week and they had like 20 of them (and probably more somewhere else), but they were still $24.88. If I can get them for $6 I think I'll buy 5 or so :p.

i'll also pay via paypal anyone who wants to sell these to me :) my local walmart doesn't have this going on.

i'm 22...very reliable and my paypal account is verified and has my bank account tied to it.

just pm message me if you wanna help a brotha out :)!!

I was in vacation last week and checked three Walmarts down in Orlando during our travels with no luck in any - oh well!

When I went there a week or so ago I hid one behind something else a few isles away. I could've hid more (they had like 10 of these and 10 of the classic controller + sleeves) but I didn't want to be suspicious and greedy. On the other hand, If I could have got the points and the CCs for $7 each I would have bought 2-4 CCs and all of the points that they had. Probably would have hooked up some cags for cheap.

[quote name='kklems']HOLD YOUR HORSES!! This deal may be alive in other Wal-Marts. (well sort of)

I left walmart today and they had this pack for $15. They also had a classic controller with a skin for $15. The elite beat agents pack was $10 and the Wii and DS lunch boxes with accessories were $10 (Down from $24.99). ALso had a 3 pack of wii mote skins for $12 ($24.99 normal) I am in Nebraska.

I did ask the guys doing clearance if there was any chance they might be lower and he said he didn't think so since the price was based on "money available to the department" and he seemed surprised that another Wal-mart had them for $7.[/QUOTE]

Went back to the same Walmart and BAM!!! down to $10. Bought some more and will return the ones I paid $15 for. Couldn't pass them up for $10 and take the chance that they would be there at $7

Went to the Wal-Mart in Everett, WA and they had loads of them but not clearanced. They also had a bunch of the other bundles.

Hopefully they'll drop the price on these soon since it doesn't look like they've been moving too well.

damn, this thread always gets my hopes up whenever i see it popping up. but sadly, my walmart isn't as magical since the point cards and sleeves sit there at $24.88 each time. i know i'll keep trying, though...

Where are these mythical Walmarts where the low price fairies flitter to you with their magical video game deals and chariots pulled by teams of unicorns carry you through the checkout lane?

In my travels through 4 states, I stop at Walmarts all of the time. If I ever come across one of these magical places, I think I would crap myself. :booty:

[quote name='Cameron4All']Where are these mythical Walmarts where the low price fairies flitter to you with their magical video game deals and chariots pulled by teams of unicorns carry you through the checkout lane?

In my travels through 4 states, I stop at Walmarts all of the time. If I ever come across one of these magical places, I think I would crap myself. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Trip to Walmart : $10.99
Parking at Walmart : Free

This Quote : fuck ing Priceless

For everything else the is CAGcard. :applause:

[quote name='kklems']Went back to the same Walmart and BAM!!! down to $10. Bought some more and will return the ones I paid $15 for. Couldn't pass them up for $10 and take the chance that they would be there at $7[/QUOTE]

Tried the other Walmart in town and they had the cards, the controller cover packs and the ds/wii kits but they were all full price.

[quote name='jazzman']Has anyone noticed these prices within Orange County?[/quote]

Nope.

They did recently drop the price on the glove/card bundle at the Laguna Niguel Wal-Mart. It's now 19.98. Whee.

[quote name='chewster777']Sweet. I found some of these bundles for $10! I have an extra card if someone wants to buy the code from me.[/quote]

Still available/how much/accept paypal?

I went to the Walmart in Racine, wi and the package with the classic controller cover and wii points were there. But all the prices were ripped off from the price tag holders at the end of the rod they hang on. I went to price check one just in case but it rang up 19.99 or whatever. But i can only assume they will be marking them down since all the tags were missing. Right?

No, I checked the Wal-Mart in HB... didn't have this :( However, they DID have DS bundles.. Elite Beat Agents with some stylii and a DS lite pouch. I'd have jumped on this if I didn't already have EBA ;)

bread's done
Back