2001: A Last Movie You Saw Odyssey

have they locked the other "last movie you saw" thread yet. Oh well mine is Audition very fucked up movie but good none the less

Madlax Volume One, if that applies.

Oh, and Final Fantasy, Advent Children in approximately 35 minutes. :D

The Thief of Bagdad

You know, it really didn't do much for me. The plot was pretty boring and the acting was annoying. Too much of a Hollywood-style, overblown, epic deal for me.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
I didn't see it in theaters, but I read the book this summer and I really liked it, so I decided to pick up the DVD. It's a great movie.

Billy Madison

As for kaijufan, i saw Hitchiker's in theatres and i really was disappointed by the changes. Pretty funny and plenty of inside jokes, but still, i expected more

just my 2 cents

The Constant Gardener

Quite frankly, it was outstanding, simply outstanding. Go and see it, it's the best movie of the year I've seen so far, and could quite possibly still be in the number one spot by the end of the year.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Billy Madison

As for kaijufan, i saw Hitchiker's in theatres and i really was disappointed by the changes. Pretty funny and plenty of inside jokes, but still, i expected more

just my 2 cents[/QUOTE]
I didn't mind the changes that much. After all, movies are different then books.

[quote name='The Gifuto']Running on Karma. Interesting movie...Andy Lau's muscle bodysuit was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Awesome movie. I loved it when Andy kept falling when trying to ride the bike.

Somebody post the spoilers from "Flightplan" if they see it. I don't want to waste 90 minutes and $10 to find out if she never had a daughter or not.

[quote name='Zman310']The Constant Gardener

Quite frankly, it was outstanding, simply outstanding. Go and see it, it's the best movie of the year I've seen so far, and could quite possibly still be in the number one spot by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna try to see that Friday night after work. I wanted to see it last week, but some fat bitch fucked my work schedule all up.

[quote name='Kaijufan']The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
I didn't see it in theaters, but I read the book this summer and I really liked it, so I decided to pick up the DVD. It's a great movie.[/QUOTE]

I agree. You could definitely tell when Douglas Adams died in the script, and you had to read the books to understand the movie. My dad and sister were like, 'wtf is with the towel?'

Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Saw it in theatres, decided to pick it up.

Great movie. =]

I want to see Flightplan in theatres, when does it come out?

[quote name='Tiphireth']I agree. You could definitely tell when Douglas Adams died in the script, and you had to read the books to understand the movie. My dad and sister were like, 'wtf is with the towel?'[/QUOTE]
I was really surprised they didn't have a guide entry to explain why Ford always made sure that Arther had his towel.

Family Nest

A friend recommended Bela Tarr's films to me, and there's only 3 out on DVD here, go figure. Family Nest, the earliest, wasn't anything special. Kind of reminded me of Cassavetes insofar as it's shot in documentary-style and seems improvised. I couldn't really get into it.

I watched Garden State for the third time over the weekend. This time I watched it with my girlfriend, and I crossed my fingers hoping that she would like it, because I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with a woman who didn't like that movie. ;)

[quote name='evilmregg']I watched Garden State for the third time over the weekend. This time I watched it with my girlfriend, and I crossed my fingers hoping that she would like it, because I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with a woman who didn't like that movie. ;)[/QUOTE]

You've only seen it three times? I'm at about 8 myself, half of them in the last month or so. :lol:

[quote name='Kaijufan']I was really surprised they didn't have a guide entry to explain why Ford always made sure that Arther had his towel.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it was obvious problems like that (the movie wasn't even that long) that really bothered me. During slow parts, id just look around the theatre and always find someone who was completely confused

The Sweet Hereafter

A million different people recommended it to me, so it's about time I saw it. Great film to boot.

[quote name='evilmax17']Somebody post the spoilers from "Flightplan" if they see it. I don't want to waste 90 minutes and $10 to find out if she never had a daughter or not.[/QUOTE]
If you are that interested in finding out, head over to the entry for the movie at the Internet Movie Database www.imdb.com and look at the forums, I'm sure someone has already seen it and is discussing spoilers in one of the threads. I'm kind of interested in seeing the movie so I would rather avoid the temptation to check for you :)

Days of Heaven

Wow. A hypnotic, beautiful, organic masterpiece, with some of the most amazing cinematography you'll ever see.

[quote name='evilmregg']I watched Garden State for the third time over the weekend. This time I watched it with my girlfriend, and I crossed my fingers hoping that she would like it, because I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with a woman who didn't like that movie. ;)[/QUOTE]

I make that a suitability test whenever I'm dating someone new. If she can't watch it, then it's 'Ass, say hello to Curb on the Street' time for her.

[quote name='Zman310']The Saddest Music in the World

Really, really bizarre, and not too great.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, I thought it was kinda fun just as a one-time, novelty kinda thing. Well-made, too.

[quote name='jaykrue']I make that a suitability test whenever I'm dating someone new. If she can't watch it, then it's 'Ass, say hello to Curb on the Street' time for her.[/QUOTE]

In theory that's a good idea, but if she doesn't look like Natalie you're going to end up disappointed at the end of the night anyway. :lol:

Sadly the last movie I saw was the Rundown. It was on HBO last week while I was on a business trip and I had nothing else to do. I guess I should have just gone to sleep. Not that I expected it to be any good though.

As far as Garden State goes, I haven't seen the whole thing, but I was not impressed with what I did see. I probably saw the first half of it and really thought it had no point and wasn;t going anywhere. I want to see the whole thing though before I say definitively one way or the other.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']In theory that's a good idea, but if she doesn't look like Natalie you're going to end up disappointed at the end of the night anyway. :lol:[/QUOTE]

No, it works. She doesn't have to look like Natalie... just have her quirky personality from the movie. :bouncy:

[quote name='jaykrue']No, it works. She doesn't have to look like Natalie... just have her quirky personality from the movie. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

One of my friends told me that Natalie in Garden State is just like my sister, but I really don't see it. Maybe I just know her better than that. :lol:

Hoop Dreams

Fantastic documentary, easily the best I've ever seen. An incredibly involving, compelling, emotional experience, just an amazing film.

bread's done
Back