2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bsschorr']I traded in some games at FYE on Saturday and the guy asks me if I wanted trade or 75% in cash!!!! I have been there a dozen times in the last 2 months and they never told me that I could get cash. Has anyone else got this offer, the guy said that they have always had this policy.[/quote]

The 1st thing they always tell me before i hand over the games "you know this is for store credit ,right". This has happened to me everytime i've gone & i have over $1200 credit there.

Before someone trades in another Room Zoom could someone please tell me what's the 12 digit upc on that.

I'm trying to figure out why my FYE can't take it in (it doesn't show up on their system). I got it at blockbuster and it looks like they printed the cover on it. UPC code: 03226432101. If I can't find an FYE/wherehouse to take this in, I guess I'll just wait for the blockbuster $5 bonus deal and trade it in back to them. At least my FYE is still taking in Free$tyle $treet $occer.

My EBGames packing slip shows Room Zoom as having UPC 032264321010. That matches the one that you've got, other than the final digit that you left off (there should be 12). If that last piece was cut off that could explain it.

MASSIVE NEWS!!!!(if it hasn't already been mentioned)

Ok some FYE stores don't sell games but do take them in for store credit.

Example: I took in Drake,Kengo,Mad maestro & Sled storm at a Fye on sunday but they wouldn't take them because they had too many of each game in stock.

Well i goto another Fye(i've traded in 4 drakes at this location previously) this morning and with the same games and they take them all.

What the lady told me is that they ship the games out to other FYE stores.

Since they don't have an invetory of games they will take ANY game!!!

unfortunately, not always true. I tried the exact same thing as captain cold (took several more copies of the same game to an FYE that didn't sell games which i had previously sold too) and was refused because they already had the copies I traded in earlier. Perhaps, I had to wait for the shipment to go out to the other stores first?

Just got back from my FYE In Erie PA Millcreek Mall
Freestyle Soccer GC and Xbox 17.00
Room Zoom 26.00
Tomb Raider PS2 7.50
Chaos Legion 10.00
Stake Fortune Fighters 10.00
R Racing Evo 7.50
Socom 15.00
Mace Griffin 7.50
Blackstone 18.50

Thanks to everyone who posted in this forum. Im getting a PSP for about 125.00 Thanks again.

MASSIVE NEWS!!!!(if it hasn't already been mentioned)

Ok some FYE stores don't sell games but do take them in for store credit.

Example: I took in Drake,Kengo,Mad maestro & Sled storm at a Fye on sunday but they wouldn't take them because they had too many of each game in stock.

Well i goto another Fye(i've traded in 4 drakes at this location previously) this morning and with the same games and they take them all.

What the lady told me is that they ship the games out to other FYE stores.

Since they don't have an invetory of games they will take ANY game!!!

Heheh...I used to have one of these stores near me. I would go in about once a week and trade in a Motor Trend, Pro Race Driver, Go-Go Hypergrind, etc. I did this for a while then kinda ran out of games. I went back a couple of months later and they had been instructed to no longer take trade-ins of games at their location since they didn't actually sell games. I was bummed, but I did well there for a while. :)

I have an FYE near my house that doesn't sell games. I only go in there to trade games about once or twice a month. As to not make myself look too suspicious. I've only been doing it about 3 months now. It's cool too because there's nothing but college people who work there. They're always real cool about taking my stuff.

Then I take the credit to the FYE near my job. I only go in there about once or twice a month also. On a side note here's some tade-in values I've gotten and found out about in the last few days:

Mortal Kombat: Deception $17
Mercenaries $19
I was just trying to find out what these 2 traded for. I kept them.

ESPN NHL 2K4 (XB) $15
Mad Maestro (PS2) $7.50
Drake (XB) $9
Freestyle Street Soccer (XB) $17
Sega Soccer Slam (PS2) $17
Maximum Chase (XB) $10
KOTOR (XB) $11
NHL Hitz Pro $0.01 (they wouldn't take it)

I had doubles of the stuff I traded in. Took one set in 2 weeks ago. Traded the next set yesterday. I only got $25 more to pay on my PSP now. Also I was told yesterday that I'm the only one who's preordered a PSP from this particular store. Does anybody think that FYE won't get PSP's until a few days after all other retailers? Just asking as I've never preordered anything from there.

BTW, I picked up a sealed copy of MvC2 (XB) from there for $40 in credit a few weeks back. It had a $70 sticker on it but rang up as $40. Another thing to watchout for is there used game prices. Yeah I know most of them suck. Here's some of the things I've been able to pick up cheaper than EB or GS. These's games were still selling for $45 used in-store and I got them for $35 a piece. All were mint and complete:

Paper Mario: TTYD
Ghsot Recon 2
The Punisher
Halo 2 LE
MA2: LW

So next time your in there flip through those unorganized used games. Never know what you might find.
:)

I have a feeling they might not have the PSP till the 25th...I can't complain though, I'm getting a huge discount on it from all these trade-ins

As many of you, I preordered my PSP at FYE (about $77 spent=$240 credit) too, and I've never preordered anything from them either. Normally I'd be a bit skeptical of them getting it on launch day, but as many signs as I've seen around hyping it at every FYE on 3/24, they should get it.

The store I preordered at either had no or very few preorders before me...also, I noticed a lot of the FYE's here with signs saying they are only getting in PSP's to match preorders, so hopefully that means something. Sony is probably eager to get as many out as they can on that first day.

ESPN NHL 2K4 $15
Mad Maestro $7.50
Drake $9
Freestyle Street Soccer $17
Maximum Chase $10
KOTOR $11

Wow those are some good prices on ESPN NHL 2k4 and Sega Soccer Slam. Can anyone confirm those? I took Sega Soccer Slam on GC and it got one cent. And i thought i heard ESPN NHL was getting that too. But 17 for them is good.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']
ESPN NHL 2K4 $15
Mad Maestro $7.50
Drake $9
Freestyle Street Soccer $17
Maximum Chase $10
KOTOR $11

Wow those are some good prices on ESPN NHL 2k4 and Sega Soccer Slam. Can anyone confirm those? I took Sega Soccer Slam on GC and it got one cent. And i thought i heard ESPN NHL was getting that too. But 17 for them is good.[/quote]

NHL 2k4 for PS2 came up at $.01 the other day and they didnt have any instock

I traded in a couple last night,at the local Wherehouse:

XB Mojo- $8.50 (still got one more of these to get rid of!)
XB Motor Trend Lotus Challenge - $18.50!
XB State of Emergency - $7.50
PS2 NHL Hitz Pro - $7

Boy was I glad to get rid of the NHL Hitz Pro! Are the people that are getting $0.01 trying the PS2 or Xbox version?

NHL 2k4 for PS2 came up $.01 (at three different FYEs around my area). I had originally written about it 2 weeks or so ago. It's possible that it's the 2k4 for XB or even 2k5 and it was a typo?

[quote name='bradr']NHL 2k4 for PS2 came up $.01 (at three different FYEs around my area). I had originally written about it 2 weeks or so ago. It's possible that it's the 2k4 for XB or even 2k5 and it was a typo?[/quote]

I can personally confirm, as of 2 weeks ago, NHL 2k4 for xbox is 17

Mine will get the PSP on the 24th according to the guys who work there. . . I've got mine reserved and will be there when the store opens. I'm hoping they'll have some good PSP games for me to buy. I've got enough store credit to get the system and around two extra games. . .

Can't wait :!:

Steve

This is the GREATEST CAG THREAD EVER!!!!!!!!!!

With all the credit i have i will be able to get a Psp,Xbox 2,PS3 & Nintendo Revolution for around $400 total, assuming they stock them!!!

Without a doubt, this thread is money

This is OT, but is the PSP release going to be a midnight thing like Halo 2? Or are they available morning of the 24th, or is it the afternoon, just curious...

Gamestores might open up at midnight (I haven't heard anything about it though) but I don't think FYE will open up at midnight for the PSP since games really aren't their primary business.

I'm about to start to a new thread soon for the 2005 prices. It's gonna be sad to see this huge topic go.

But..has anyone had any luck special ordering videogames?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'm about to start to a new thread soon for the 2005 prices. It's gonna be sad to see this huge topic go.
[/quote]

sad indeed.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

but Strider... ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

Make sure you call it... "FYE Trade-In Prices 2005 - LIST HERE"
aftetr that... i'll edit this one to say 2004..... help it die quicker...

i'll grab a mod to sticky the new one too... and unsticky this one....

Okay has anyone been told that you have to be 18 years old and fill out some police report to trade in games? I go to an FYE in Florida and that's what the manager told me. I was like WTF and they said it was some new law that got passed in FL. Funny thing was I went to a GameStop in the same mall and got no trouble trading in games.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'm about to start to a new thread soon for the 2005 prices. It's gonna be sad to see this huge topic go.[/quote]

What's wrong with the list we already have? Why not just add-on/edit the huge list we currently have? Since the current list has not been updated since February 22nd, I imagine it would be very difficult to keep up a whole new list from scratch, but whatever...

Some new trade in values for the new list:

PS2
Siren: 18.00
Fatal Frame 2: 18.00
Crimson Sea 2: 22.19

XBOX:
ESPN NHL 2k4: 15

BIG THANKS for this list. I didn't even know I had an FYE near me, I always thought it was an East Coast thing so I never bothered even reading the FYE deals, but I started trading in a week ago and I've almost completely paid off my PSP preorder. But now I've run out of games to trade in, I may even dip into the stash of games I've been saving for the upcoming Game Rush deal :)

[quote name='Devin']
What's wrong with the list we already have? Why not just add-on/edit the huge list we currently have? Since the current list has not been updated since February 22nd, I imagine it would be very difficult to keep up a whole new list from scratch, but whatever...[/quote]

1) Strider should be in charge of it.

2) The list should be updated weekly in the FIRST POST by a DEDICATED OP like Strider... (me? not so dedicated)

3) if we don't stop this one now... this thread might get so big... that one day future generations of CAGers may be forced to live in the darkness as its mass size actually eclipses the sun...

4) its always good to just get a fresh start...

5) do you really like pawing through 80 pages of... "if anybody knows what blah blah blah blah blah blah gets it would be greatly appreciated..." just to find out what blinx 2 trades in for?
neither does strider... that's why its so hard to update...

6) even though this thread was under "Request a cheapass deal" it should consist only of witnessed accounts of FYE trade-in prices, and the location of the store the scanned in prices were quoted from...

7) read number six again... its really important.

8) sure... trading in all this crap to FYE really is sawing off the credit branch we're sitting on... but until that branch falls... its best to be organized and precise if we wanna have a good ride on the way down.

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'm about to start to a new thread soon for the 2005 prices. It's gonna be sad to see this huge topic go.[/quote]

What's wrong with the list we already have? Why not just add-on/edit the huge list we currently have? Since the current list has not been updated since February 22nd, I imagine it would be very difficult to keep up a whole new list from scratch, but whatever...[/quote]

Editing the huge list has just become a pain since quite alot of values have changed around January, even if only by a few dollars. Nevermind the YMMV aspect of it, especially when it comes to our favorites like Go Go Hypergrind and Pro Race Driver. That, and I'm trying to work out a way where we can share what deals we've found in the stores (and I've found tons of 'em).

[quote name='Devin']
What's wrong with the list we already have? [/quote]

Also... i started this thread in April of last year (4/17/04)

it only seems right that after about a year...

its time to start anew....

Good bye sweet thread. It took me sometime to actually trade in my games are Fye, but it seems to have been a worthwhile endeavor....

Anyhow, good bye thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back